Copyright (c) 2014 by TS Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TS -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 MacNeill

by TS

teacher: Ms. A. McKay

Author:Katie DiCamillo.

In this novel and film there is a lot of characters but the main character is Winn Dixie and Opal. Opal's father is a the preacher. In this novel Opal and Winn Dixie make a lot of friends SweetyPie is one of them she likes to suck her thumb a lot and also goes to the preacher's church. There's also Amanda Opal think here face is all pinched up. Amanda has also lost her brother Carson. Then there's Odis who owns Gurtrud's Pet's. Odis loves pickles and is very good at playing guitar. Odis has also been in jail. Miss Franie is one of Opal's first friend. She owns the town library and loves to red to Winn Dixie. There's also the Dew Berry boys. The Dew Berry boys are twins and they bully opal but very soon finds that Opals a nice person. Then there is the wonderful Gloria who loves to plant stuff and she is also blind but when Opal tells her stuff about her friends Gloria pictures them in her mind.

The summary: This novel is about a girl named Opal and her adventures with Winn Dixie. Opal just moved into town and has no friends except her dad the preacher but he's not home often. One day she went to the grocery store and everyone was running and screaming. Opal saw a dog [Winn Dixie]and told the manager it was her dog. Opal starts making a lot of friends and so is Winn Dixie!

Did I like it??: Yes,I did like it because it was happy and sad up and down and I like those kind of novels. I would recommend it to a family or a friend. I would this book 10 out of 10!

by:TS!

FACTS ABOUT SMOKING

1.Kissing a smoker is like licking an ash tray.

2.Smoking can kill you.

3.Smoking can provide cancer.

4.37 000 Canadians are killed a year from smoking.

5.Lung cancer is the most common cancer from smoking

OPINIONS ABOUT SMOKING

1.Smoking is bad.

2.Smoke is stinky.

3.Everyone hates smoking.

4.Lots of teenagers smoke.

5.Smokes are expensive.

Questions

1. How do you feel about the process of working in literature circle groups of 3-5 people?

2. What do you specifically like about your novel?

3. Would your recommend your novel to a friend? Why or why not?

4. How do you feel about the marking procedures for this unit? - 5.- Have you decided what your mark is going to be?

Answers

1.I feel very happy with my group except the fact we always seem to find our way off topic. We just need to work on staying on topic and focus on our work.

2.I like it is always up and down like you different emotions like when Beanie ran away I felt sad.

3. I would recommend it to a friend or a family member because Tunnels of Time is a very good,great funny,scary,and sad novel.

4. I very confident with the marks on the procedures because I am getting everything done

5. I choose my mark and I am going for A on my literature circle.

Article posted May 1, 2013 at 04:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 56

Why did the Canadian government want to sign treaties?1.The Canadian Goverment wanted to sign a treaty because they wanted to gain land from the first nations to build a transcontinental railway running through the cities of Regina, Moose Jaw and Swift Current.

2.The First Nations wanted to sign a treaty because they wanted things like education,health care,fishing and hunting and land to live on.

3. People believed the Pipe Ceremony insured trust and obligation to all the people involved.When a person participates in a Pipe Ceremony there is an obligation to fulfill agreements and conduct oneself in a respectful, trustworthy manner.

4. At the time of the significance the buffalo provided their homes, clothing and food.

5. Treaties are beneficial to all people in Canada. The benefits are that we are now allowed to own and take care of are farms and we now know that the Europeans did not give the First Nations everything they were supposed to get in the signing of the treaty.

6.The concept 'treaty' means that there will be peace and harmony on and around the First Nations land.

7.The four nations that made agreements in the area that in now Saskatchewan are the Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota and Dene

1.The Canadian Goverment wanted to sign a treaty because they wanted to gain land from the first nations to build a transcontinental railway running through the cities of Regina, Moose Jaw and Swift Current.

7.The four nations that made agreements in the area that in now Saskatchewan are the Cree, Saulteaux, Nakota and Dene.

2. Why did the Aboriginal people want to sign treaties?

3. What does the pipe ceremony represent? What is expected of those who participate?

4. What was the significance of the buffalo at the time of treaty signings?

5. How do Canadians benefit today from treaties?

6. What does the concept “treaty” mean to First Nations people?

7. Who are the 4 nations that made

agreements in the area that was to become Saskatchewan?

1. Ive learned that the R word can hurt a lot of people including people with disabilities. They bully people that have disabilities because there different but there still people.

2. Yes, I do because if one person stands up then a hole bunch stands up

3. Yes, I do because it's important that know one feels left out and different.

4. We could all stand up to a bully. You could also be a friend to a victom.

Article posted March 1, 2013 at 02:24 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 52

1. My favorite part of the story was when Bethany,Joss and Myrlie were watching the videos of Elizabeth and Joss. My least favorite part was when Dalton got out of jail.

2. My favorite character is Bethany because she is really brave for not having her parents around for a couple days and to learn all the secrets.

3. The main characters are Bethany,Elizabeth,Myrlie and Joss.

4. I recommend this book to read because it's a mystery and every clue gets you one step closer!

I play ringette. My mom used to be on the Saskatchewan team then she had me but she still plays on the Balgonie team. She also plays hockey. I play ringette to my team name is Mogo. I love ringette.

My favorite one is the garbage can because I liked the noise it made when they threw garbage down the garbage can. I do think that they would work because it is fun,funny and cool. I think it would be cool to involve with brushing your teeth. It would be called the toothpod you can download your favorite music and games!

I think animal testing sucks. Don't you? I will never use my shampoo if it was tested by animals. How would you feel if you were tested then you died? I think that animal testing should stop.