Copyright (c) 2014 by RD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RD -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 MacNeill

by RD

teacher: Ms. A. McKay

Because of Winn Dixie 06/07/13
Facts and Opinions 05/21/13
Literature circles 05/10/13
Treaties 04/29/13
R Word 03/06/13
Double Identity 02/27/13
Fun theory 11/01/12
Animals testing 10/24/12
Terry Fox 10/17/12
Chocolate River Rescue 10/10/12
Animals 10/04/12
My Dog 09/17/12

Hi I am going to be giving you a summary if Because of Winn Dixie.

Title.

Because of Winn DIXIE

Author.

Kate DiCamillo

List of characters.

Opal,Otis,the preacher,Win Dixie,sweetie pie and lots more.

Plot.

A girl named Opal finds a dog. Opal showes her dad. She asked if she can keep it. Der dad said no. Opal said we need to keep him he has no home. Her dad said fine but only till we find him a home. Opal gave her dad a big hug. She gave the dog a name and the name is Winn Dixie. Opal went to go give Winn Dixie a bath. Now that Winn Dixie is clean he can come in the house. That nigh there was a big thunder storm. Winn Dixie was so

scard he was running from one side of the house/camper. It woake up the preacher. The preacher is Opal's dad. Opal has no mom. Winn Dixie has a pathological fear said Opal's dad.

The nest day Opal went to chirch she brought

Winn Dixie he went crazy. Winn Dixie was chasing a small mouse. they were running all across the room. Winn Dixie cough the small mouse. Every one was amazed. Later that day Winn Dixie went to the library, they went inside. Opal was looking around when Winn Dixie found the Liberian. She was scared of Winn Dixie. She though he was a bear. Opal said what are you scared of? The liberian said that bear. Opal said that is not a bear that is my dog. Both girls met and became friends. Thanks to Winn Dixie Opal got lots of new friends and a job. Opal works at Gertrud's pets. 5 days latter, Opal invited all here friends over for a party. It rained in the middle of the party. Winn Dixie ran away. Opal was looking for him in the rain. They could not find him. They went back to wear the party is. They looked at the party for Winn Dixie. They found Winn Dixie!!! He was under a chair. The end.

Facts about smoking

1 Smoking can cause cancer.

2 Smoking can cause asthma.

3 Smoking increases your risk of lung diseases.

4 Every day 3,800 teens, smoke there first cigarette.

5 Smoking is the cause of 1 in 5 deaths.

Opinions about smoking

1 It makes you smell bad.

2 smoking is messed up.

3 If you smoke you are gross.

4 It it is weird.

5 It stinks.

- How do you feel about the process of working in literature circle groups of 3-5 people? I like it the process. You should stay on topic because it helps you group stay on topic.

- What do you specifically like about your novel?

I like when it when Andrea time travels.

- Would your recommend your novel to a friend? Why or why not? Yes. I would recommend this book to a friend because some parts are funny but there is some hard words.

- How do you feel about the marking procedures for this unit? - - Have you decided what your mark is going to be? I like it because you get to pick your mark. yes I am going for a A+

1. Why did the Canadian government want to sign treaties? So they have some land and settle some where.

2. Why did the Aboriginal people want to sign treaties because they thought they got a good deal.

3. What does the pipe ceremony represent? What is expected of those who participate? It represents

trust. Trust and respect.

4. What was the significance of the buffalo at the time of treaty signings They used it for shelter, blankets, clothing. The buffalo, the supplier.

5. How do Canadians benefit today from treaties?

They got a agreement they got land.

6. What does the concept “treaty” mean to First Nations people? It means they got a agreement.

7. Who are the 4 nations that made

agreements in the area that was to become Saskatchewan The Cree, Saulteaux, Dene and the Nakato.

I pledge. I will never say the r word. Yes this will change the way I will speak for ever. People should know that the r word is hurting peoples feelings. In kinder garden I learnt to treat people the way you want to be treated. If people don't know there are hurting other people feelings they should watch the video about the r word. They will know how the people are feeling.

Pleas do not call other people names because they are different.

The story was very good.It was about Bethany getting

brought to her aunt but she does not know she has an aunt. Her mom phones Myrlie and said we got the best idea ever.She gives Bethany her mom says we will clone you.

I could relate to one charter it is Myrlie. Because she teaches kinder garden and I went to kinder garden. In the book Bethany is told she looks like someone and I was told I look like someone to. In the book my favorite part is when they go to the carnival. Hy least favorite part is when Bethany and Joss were racking the back yard. I would not change any thin.

I recommend this book. I would recommend to someone who likes mystery book.

1 My favorite one was the one where they made piano stars. It is my favorite because you could play songs.

2 I think that it would work because it makes things fun! Every one likes games.

3 I would make a shew rack that tells how much pounds all the shoes way all together and goes you rock!

Animals testing is not okay.There not only getting hurt they are getting killed. Thank of it like this. You are dieing so people do not die. It is horrible. People should be a same. I would never do that. If you do it please STOP.

I learned Terry Fox dream is for ever Canadian to donate one dollar.He ran 3339 miles. He was born on 1958 and died on 1981.Terry fox is awesome.Terry fox is so cool. It was cool that he had to run with the a metal thing.

He is a hero to most Canadian hero. Terry Fox is a great runner. I bet he likes to run. I like to run.Terry Fox is a great influence.

Three boys say a card on the ice so they went to get it. The ice broke of a helicopter had to come get them.

I liked it they had chocolate every thing.

It was not what I expected.

Yes I would end it the same.

It was okay.

Yes I would recommend it.