I think that 7th grade could have gone better for me, but overall it was good. I wish that I didn’t have to start 7th grade out like I did. I wish that I could have started it out not in the hospital. I really liked our team and everyone that was on it. I think that overall I was somewhat successful. I could have done a little bit better though. This might not be the best thing to of learned but I learned how to move on with pain no matter how bad it is. I also learned from that that you can do anything if you put your mind to it. What I would say to next year’s 7th graders is make sure you have all your homework the night it is assigned because then you wouldn’t have as much stress and you will have more time to do fun things. I hope that everybody that has 743 as their team loves it as much as did. I also hope that no one else has to go through what I had in terms of migraines and all. Good luck 6th graders!

Article posted May 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 187

“How have shoes changed?” was my guiding question. To me the most interesting part was putting it all together. I found that using the whole board was hard to do, but that it was easy if you spaced everything equally a part. I also think that making it look nice without being sloppy was kind of hard to do. I found out that shoes haven’t changed a lot. I found out that shoes have only changed in the way they look and feel on your feet. I also learned that when you’re doing a big project like this, you should be prepared to do a lot of work on this and other homework. Also to be ready to be up late working on homework.

I learned lots of different things and I can’t really remember what they said because it was all coming at me so fast. I did however look at a few that I can remember a little about. I can remember that Lotus shoes where very common in China and then be came out lawed. I also learned that glass art windows were used to tell religious or fictional stories. I think that this whole thing was a blast and was VERY educational for everyone that came to see it.

Article posted May 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

Article posted April 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

What I think that this means or means to me is that even if your skin is a different color doesn’t mean you’re less smart or smarter. From what I learned about Nelson Mandella is that he believed this before other people started fighting for it to. I haven’t gotten the postcard to send to anyone yet but my intentions on sending it someone is to have them know that you can be as smart as you can and not be put down by what others think of you just because of your skin tone. I hope that from everything that we learned at International Towne and before is still with us today.

I love our All School Reads compared to last year’s book. I really like this year’s book because last year didn’t have as much action or as much of an interesting story behind it. This year the book is a little relatable to because the main character, Sean, is fifteen and he has to work. There are a lot of things that most people his age don’t deal with or know about till now, like his mom abusing him. All that Sean has to go through keeps us on our toes, but it also brings in feeling. The way that S.L. Rottmen wrote this book makes it almost seem real. So far I just love the book. If it we didn’t have to read it in class I never would have picked it up. My favorite part about the book so far, and the part that I can relate to, if how Sean has to care for the colt Knickers. I can relate to this part because I spend a lot of time around horses and have had to care for a foal myself. I know that working a ranch isn’t easy but I also know that it’s not hard. I felt the same way Sean did when he had to muck the stales for the first time. My first time I didn’t want to either. I’m really enjoying this book and I hope that you are too.

International Towne was lots of fun! I learned a lot about different places for the little time I was able to see them. The one thing that I liked most was how everyone had a totally different job to do and how everyone had to do the job right. I liked this because then you could get a feel for how a real job works. The one thing that I wish could have gone better was there could have been more things for people to do in their country and not wander off when it wasn’t their break. I noticed this happening a lot. I enjoyed working in Egypt, I got to see a lot of people and how they reacted when they couldn’t find their picture. I got to learn a lot about Egypt just from our prep classes. I learned that Egypt’s women would live to the age of 74. I had a really fun time in International Towne, I hope to do it again some time.

I was absent the day my class got to dissect the chicken wings, so I talked to Mrs. Lubich and she said that I could do a free blog. For my free blog I have not a clue what to talk about. So because of that, I’m going to do what I almost always ask my friends. I’m going to tell you what’s new. So everyone, and I’m not kidding EVERYONE, knows what’s mostly new. I’m not going to talk about that though. I want to talk about I Towne for some reason. So I got president of Egypt. I’m starting to like the idea, but originally I didn’t want to be the president of anything. I found out though on Wednesday that I really don’t have that much work to do. So now I’m kind of glad. I’m really excited for I Towne now. I can’t wait!

Article posted April 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 59

I’m looking forward to I Towne most. The job that I applied for is in Ukraine, I think. The only thing that I can remember is that I get to bake. I like to bake a lot and most of the time everything comes out perfect. Even though someone might say different, and you know who you are, I know what I’m doing. I also checked in Japan, photojournalist, cause I’ve always wanted to be part of a movie or some kind of production without being seen by lots of people. I am really excited about this trip because we get to see what it’s like to work internationally but not have to wait till we are older and can get that job. Also that we can get an idea about what every country does to support its self and other countries. I am really hoping that this is a fun and educational trip.

Article posted March 14, 2013 at 02:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

My thoughts on the movie were that first it was boring and that second that it was a movie that had a story behind it but was drowned out. I also thought that I would not have volunteered to even be considered because I already knew that “whites” didn’t like “blacks” and all the terrible things that could have happened. When and if I went to that school I would not have gone back the next day, or fought back. While we watched the movie the thought that kept coming to mind was how scared everyone must be even the people who weren’t the little rock nine. The way things have changed is that MOST people don’t have any problems with people of different races. Like one of my friends has a different skin tone than me and I don’t care. So basically I’m partly glad that these people made this stand and that every person sees everyone equally now.

I been playing the game “Temple Run 2” a lot lately, so I though how cool would it be to write a book based off of the game. Now I haven’t got that far in my idea at all. I just play it for fun. Now, I pretty sure your thinking how stupid this sounds but also think what if a movie was made of it. That would be so cool. If you guys think this is a good idea please tell me and your thoughts so I could write it and maybe include you if you like in the book. Sorry that this is my stupidest blog yet but it’s all I could think about.