Copyright (c) 2014 by Maria Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Maria -- Blogmeister

Magnificent Maria-

by Maria teacher: Leah Berkman

Article posted December 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 188

For my country,  I chose the Dominican Republic (or the D.R.). The reason I chose the D.R. was because I was born there.  If you know were Haiti is on a map, look to the left of Haiti and there is the Dominican Republic.

At Christmas, people in the D.R. have more respect for Christmas than any other celebrated season in the year. Most Dominicans there believe in Christmass and Santa Claus, but the majority are mostly interested in the religious aspect of Christmas. Dominican kids don't receive presents until “El Día de los Reyes Magos” or (Three Kings Day) which is on January 6. A tradition in the Dominican Republic is that the government wants gifts to be given out, so they require all employers to give their workers a double salary in December. During the Christmas season, from mid-December to mid-January, not much work is done. One of the reasons that the D.R. is so crowded during Christmas is because familys and friends come together to celebrate this wonderful holiday!   link for article: [LINK]  

The Alpine Tundra is home to many organisms. One of the organisms is the marmot. The marmot is sleek and eats dandelions. It lives in dens between boulders. Another one is the pika.The pika is related to the rabbit. The pika eats wildflowers and other grass and flowers. It has soft feet so it can cross the snow-field without getting frost-bite. Last is the krummholz. The krummholz is a dead and scraggy tree. It provides shelter and nests for the animals in the Alpine Tundra.

I would not want to visit the Alpine tundra. the reason why is because that specific Tundra doesn't have the animals I'm intrested in. Also It is very dangrous there. It sometimes has avalanches, blizzards, and other natural disasters. 

One of the things i learned about project work from what we have done with the monster is a critique. A critique group is where people give you feedback on something like a project. In a critique they might give you a warm comment or a cool comment. we had a class critique of our parts. so we could see what other classmates thought. The second thing is cummunication. We had to cummunicate with other classmates that we connected to. The reason for this is if we didn't there would be troble for someone example:if the head was to big for the neck it wouldn't work if you tried to connect it.We needed to cummunicate so we could get the job done.The third is respecting each others space. If no one respected each other space we would have fights and problems involving personal space and each others monster parts.We had to respect each others space so everything would be all right.

Monster Mahame

I will be doing the horns and the knees. The knees will be heartshaped. With a" I love mom"tatto.Also your countrys flag. Four inch blue spike.Bloody ear shaped handcuff earring. The knees were submitted by Miss Huseman's 4th grade,  Eugene Field Elementary, Hannibal,Missouri. It will proboly connect to the legs,feet, and body.

I will also be doing the horns. the horns were submitted by Mrs. Kern's &Mrs. Rush's 4th grade-West Paririe North Elementary, Good Hope, Ilinous. Horn 1 will be 2feet times 5inches. Aso twisted and snow-camouflaged with shards going up. Horn 2 will be 11 inches times 5inches. It will be neon orange, bloody, broken, and dripping flotsam. last it will have a PBR (professional bull riding) buckle on a drop tine.

Can't wait to see the rest of this monster mahame! 

Who invented potato chips? Wonder#726.

Have you ever wondered who invented potato chips and how popular are potato chips? I learned that the potaot  chips were invented inSartoga Falls New York in1853. It was invented by  George Crum. a coustmer asked for thinner french fries and he made by pure acident potato chips which added the menu if Moon Lake Lodge as Saratoga fries.

The wonder words I chose was sensation and nation wide.Nationwide is all around the nation which is the U.S.A.  A sensation is something that becomes a hit real fast.  

Hi ,my name is maria!

I have a puppy dog that is a pointer mix and loves to lick.

I have almost never meet a dog that doesn't like me.

I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.I am a big sports fan.I like soccer more than shopping. I love laser-tag.And video games and computer games!