Copyright (c) 2014 by Gavin Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gavin -- Blogmeister

Gavin the Great's Blog-

by Gavin teacher: Leah Berkman

For Christmas I am going to Virginia with my parents. We are going to eat  a lot and I will get CHristmas at my grandparents. I like my grandmothers grits.

A woman texts her husband on a frosty morning and says: "Windows are frozen" and his reply is "Pour lukewarm water over it." Five minutes later she replied "Computer COMPLETELY messed up now."

Get it?

The Christmas greeting in Germany is as follows:Froehiliche Weihnachten. Germany uses Traditional trees.

Germany was the very first country to put on glass ornaments on their trees for decoration. The tradition of putting up a tree for CHristmas was started in Germany. A tradition says that when St. Boniface was preaching, he cut down a sacred oak that crushed all off the surrounding trees. All except for a fir, which he stated was the tree of God, so why it was associated with Christmas.

Thanksgiving is past and now Christmas is on its way! Merry Christmas people!

Hello everyone, and this is GAVIN!

Thanksgiving is coming up, so, I will tell you about the fun I will, may or may not experience!

Usually my next door neighbors nephews, Cole and Conner, come for Thanksgiving, and we usually play Ds' or collect berries for pies we leave out for the birds and other creatures. Also, my best friend, John, will probably invite me over for some pie an some games on the XBox like Call of Duty-World at War, Call of Duty Black Ops I and maybe II! Also Minecraft XBox 360 edition, too.

Usually we  go to Virginia for the feast, because my grandparents make sausage and grits, potatoes, cherry seltzer and cranberry sauce and juice, with mashed potatoes maybe. We have Thanksgiving breakfast, not dinner. But this Thanksgiving, like the last, my Aunt and Uncle are coming to stay, so I will be able to playn with John, Conner and Cole.

This is it, for Get Up with Gavin's talk and interview show! Next episode: Ask Ms.Berkman!

My biome I am studying is the prairie.

The prairie dog is small, and it is usually plump and it burrows underground. The buffaloe is a large furry mammal, nearly hunted to extinction for their leather and fur.They have horns, used for fighting, usually. The tarantula wasp is like a wasp, except it hunts tarantulas by flying under them, and stinging until the spider is paralyzed. Then she lays her egg(s) on the tarantula.

I would visit, because i really want to see a prairie dog and the buffaloe, because the prairie dogs are cute little creatures, and the buffaloe must be really beautiful.

My guinea pig, Maxie, died.....

We have learned how to collaborate, and work together in this project monster.We have also learned to share things like paper and glue. And being a critical friend is important too, because you learn how to make a suggestion to another person nicely.

For the project, I will be doing the tail. Look at the title if you didn't already know that...

The decription was submitted by Mrs. Cody's 6th grade and Mrs. Breheny's kindergarten classes, St. Paul School, in Macomb, Illinois. This tail is going to be wacky!

It is spikey, flaming, rainbow colored with pink and purple fluff balls attached, silky, sparkling, golden, wrap around (what does that mean?) white and blue snowflakes( either attached or hanging from anything the tail is shorter than).

The diameter will be 4 ft long..... (If it was 5 ft long it would be as long as I am tall!! I am actually 4 ft 11.) and 1 ft wide. (Again, about the same as me....

This tail will be wacky and cool, and awesome {My Photo Here} Like me!!!*

*Just kidding**

** But i am awesome..

My Wonder is What Is A Supernova? #94

After billions of years of burning, a star would eventually and gradually deplete it's hydrogen supply, causing nuclear fusion to come to a halt. When this happens, gravity will pull the star inward on itself.

The collapsing star must eventually hit something, and that something is the iron core! The impact creates a huge shockwave, and as we know, KABOOM!! The collapsing star explodes, creating an awesome supernova!

Supernovae, which is plural for supernova, can become much, MUCH more brighter than our star, the sun. A supernova explosion, which is very bright and unmistakable, gives off billions of tiny atoms into the endless vacuum of space. These atoms collect and make a large dust cloud called a nebula.

My WONDER WORD is nebula, which is a huge dust cloud of atoms and particals from a supernova.

Hi! I am Gavin, and I am awesome!