Copyright (c) 2014 by Ellie Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ellie -- Blogmeister

by Ellie teacher: Leah Berkman

Over the holidays I am going to see a lot of family!  This weekend on Sunday my family is going to a Carolina Panthers game, to see my cousins and my uncle because my uncle is a coach for the Panthers.  I am relly excited to see them all!  Also the weekend after Christmas I am going to my grandparents on my dads side to celebrate Christmas!  Lastly on Christmas day we will all open presents at home also we will see my gradmarents on Christmas day!  What are you doing over the holiday break....

Article posted December 14, 2012 at 12:39 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 106

For my blog I chose the Bahamas!  In the Bahamas they have holiday celebrations called Junkanoo.  This holiday takes place in Dec. 26th and Jan. 1st.  On these days there is  parade which includes dancing, music, and many costumes between 2am and dawn.  During these parades people are joined into groups that can have up to 1,000 people and have their own theme, also they are cometing for a cash prize!  They dance through the streets in their costumes and feathers! Junkanoo is an amazing holiday, and I think you sould read about it too!

In the last few years I have done many different thinks for Thanksgiving!  This year I am going to my grandmas house!  My family thought about going to the Cape Charles, V irgina but we decided not to.  I am really happy that we are going to my grandmas house though because when we come she usually makes her mash potatoes! (there REALLY GOOD!).  I am hoping that we also have pie because lately I have been really wanting some.  I am so excited for Thanksgiving!  What are you doing for Thanksgiving!????

Hi! Today I am going to tell you all about the biome I chose to read about  in CC!  So of course I just had to chose the TROPICAL RAIFOREST!  Some organisms in the Tropical Rain Forest are jaguars, tucans, and three toed sloth! The three toed sloth would most likely eat plants/ leaves! The jaguar is the predator of many small animals such as mice/rats. Also the tucans mostly live in the trees! I would really enjoy visting the tropical rain forest biome because it would be really cool to see all the animals! :)

Through out the last few weeks in CC we have been learning many things! I have really enjoyed learning how to be "critical friends" because you get to hear what you might need to work on, you also get to hear what many people really enjoy about what you are making! We also heard this story about this first grader named Austin, and he was making a special type of butterfly, he started out not with the best butterfly with is friends suggestions he turned out to make a great butterfly!

I will be making the jet ski and the tongue for the monster in 3rd period CC! Mr. Simonsons math class from Colonel Mitchell Paige Middle School from LA Quinta California will be submitting the description of the tongue. The jet ski's description was submitted by Tina Fink's 5th grade math and science class from Our Lady Queen of Heaven School in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The jet ski is going to be 4ft long and 1.5ft wide. It will be purple & gold, and crinkly and crumply. It will also have black handle bars and on each handle bar there will be 3 blue streamers 18 in. each. I think the jet ski will be attached to the hands and the the body, also the tongue will be attached to the mouth!

the part or parts of the monster you will be building

-what Monster Project class submitted the description

-details about what the part looks like

-what other parts you think your part will connect to

Your article should be at least 3 complete sentences long.

Who Invented Cotten Candy? Article #61

Cotton Candy was invented by two candy makers William Morrison and John C. Warton in 1897. Back then they called cotton candy "fairy floss." These two men brought "fairy floss" to the St. Louis State Fair in 1903 and sold it for 25 cents per box! They sold about 68,000 boxes of cotton candy/"fairy floss"! Back then 25 cents was pretty expensive back then but many people were still willing to pay the price!

Article posted September 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 122

Hi my name is Ellie

My homeroom teacher is Mr. Banks. I really enjoy swimming and just hanging out with my friends! I have one sister and one brother i also have one dog and one cat (Lucy and Chowder)! I am looking forward to bloging this year!

Ellie