Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Missing Brichta 05/22/13
Dog From The Sun 05/10/13
Flower Mantis 04/26/13
Sermour Simon 04/05/13
Helping Others 03/04/13
Helping 02/25/13
Coming Home 01/24/13
Snails In California 01/14/13
Need More Fish 11/30/12
Jalvelina 11/14/12
Karchner Caverns 10/30/12
Sacagawea 09/26/12
Fire 09/11/12
Growing a Cactus 08/31/12
Roberto Clemente 08/16/12

Hi, my name is Amerie and I go to Brichta Elementry. Today I’m going to tell you about what Brichta has meant to me. I love this school, it is so much fun.

First I would like to share that I've been here from 2007-2013. I am in 4th grade and I had the best teachers over the years. Brichta has all of the best teachers ever and that’s my first thing about Brichta I love.

My second thing I love about Brichta, I love all of the school functions. I had so much fun at the Brichta blast, the orchestra conserts and all the polar express reading time at night. I’m really going to miss going to those.

This last thing is what I will really miss about Brichta. I will miss all the Brichta students, teachers, all the good times and most of all Brichta. All of the Brichta bears are so kind so I will miss everyone here at Brichta.

Brichta means to me so much. I’m really going to miss it. I’ really sad that the school is closing.=’(

There once was a dog from the sun

That had to much fun

And he woke up on the moon

And he hoped he was home soon

To get home he had to run

Article posted April 26, 2013 at 04:16 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

Narrator=Flower mantis

`Do you know what a flower mantis is? Well I am a flower mantis! I will tell you about my life. My life is very interesting so here are some facts about my kind.

Let’s talk about where I live. I can live in China and Africa. We like forest and wood land. Our habitat is mostly by flowers so we can camouflage.

What do I eat? I like to eat crickets pollinated insects and flies. My babies like to eat house flies and fruit flies.

Can I be helpful? Yes, I can be very helpful I eat other insects that humans don’t like. I eat mosquitoes and other flying insects humans don’t like.

I am not that harmful. I’m not harmful to humans all though when I mate I eat the guys head after. I am only deadly to other insects.

I chose to talk about my life because I’m very beautiful and I have a interesting life. So I hope you enjoyed. Bye!

Bibliography

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

Hi, my name is Amerie Gaytan and I’m reading a book called “Oceans”. It is a very interesting book and it talks about oceans, tsunami’s and what causes tides. Today I’m going to tell you why Seymour Simon wrote Oceans.

I think Seymour Simon wrote Oceans to teach us about different things like oceans and tsunami’s. He really likes to write about nature. He wrote books about tornadoes, stars, frogs, planets, dogs, dinosaurs, and wolves. So I infer that he likes nature.

He loves teaching and he was a science teacher for more than twenty years. So he writes books to inform people. He has written 50 science books. He is inspired by nature and science.

Another reason why he wrote Oceans is because he couldn’t find books to teach his students. So he started writing books to teach his students. He thought by writing his own books he can teach better.

Also his books are full of questions because his questions asked them and he answered them in books. So the students asked the questions and Seymour Simon wrote books. So I think that was a good way to write the books.

I hope I informed you about why he wrote oceans. He is 81 and he is a inspiring man. So I hope you like my blog. Thank you for reading

Have you ever helped someone? Well I have and I'll tell you all about it. This event is when I cooked breakfast for my family. I hope you enjoy reading about when I helped someone.

What I did to help someone is make breakfast for my family. Have you ever made something for your family? What I made was potatoes and eggs. Is was so yummy

I felt so good and happy. I felt so proud of myself. I was excited to make breakfast for them. I wish I could do so much more.

I think my mom and brothers were so happy and proud of me. They were really hungry and excited to eat. I hoped they really like it.

I really enjoyed eating what I made it was so delicious. I hope you who evers reading this narrative likes it. It’s so fun to help some one. I hope you help someone.

Have you ever helped someone? Well I have and ill tell you all about it. This event is when I cooked breakfast for my family. I hope you enjoy reading about when I helped someone.

What I did to help someone is make breakfast for my family. Have you ever made something for your family? What I made was potatoes and eggs. Is was so yummy.

I felt so good and happy. I felt so proud of myself . I was excited to make breakfast for them.

I really enjoyed eating what I made it was so delicious. I hope you enjoyed reading this event. Its so fun to help some one I hope you help someone.

Article posted January 24, 2013 at 05:50 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 269

Dear Family,

How is every body? I am fine. I miss every body so much. I miss all the food that the family made. I hope I can the family soon.

When I was heading west I saw the most amazing thing. I saw an ox, soldiers, and horses. The oxen were so big I couldn’t believe it. When I saw the soldiers they were in such a straight line.

While I was traveling west I had so many feelings. I was lonely, hungry, sad, and cold. It would be so cold when I would sleep. My boots would fill up with snow. I have nothing to eat. I feel very lonely so I hope I see you guys soon.

In my future plans I am thinking to build a nice homestead and traveling the world. The most important thing I want to do is bring you all to my homestead out west. When I get enough money I will send the family money to get a ride on the train to come over here.

Everything is going to be all right. I hope I can see you all soon. Don’t worry about me. Worry about the family. I will see you soon.

Have you ever had a funny event happen in your life? Well, I sure did and it was amusing. I’m sure you will chuckle.

One day I went to California to go to Disney Land. It was a stormy day. It was wet and cold. We were going to our hotel.

All of my family went with me. These are the people that went me, my mom, dad, brothers, aunt, grandpa, and my nana. I love when all of my closest family goes with me on a vacation.

When we were walking to the hotel we saw something tiny moving. Me and my brothers took a closer look and they were slimy snails. They were so cute.

We took the snails in our hotel room and we were looking at them. Then after looking at them me and my brothers got a mirror and had snail race. It was so funny and fun.

Then we finally went to Disney Land. I was so excited. We went on a lot of rides . I LOVE Disney Land!

After going to Disney Land I started to feel queasy. I felt like I was going to throw up. I was gaging when I was walking. Then I really started throwing up. It was disgusting. Then my brother Zander started throwing up. We notice it was the snails that made us throw up. But we were wondering why my big brother didn’t throw up. Then we figured it out. My brother Jacob didn’t play with the snails as much as me and Zander. So after I threw up I ate a pickle. YUMMY!!!

That was my funny event that happened to me. I hope you are filled with laughter.Thank you for your attention.

Dear Mom and Dad,

How are you doing? I’m excited to spend my breaks and days off with you.

I’ve been thinking about what I need and I need more fish. That’s the perfect thing I want and all be the happiest child on earth.

When I go in my room I feel so lonely. My fish are so small and not active. You can barely see them. My fish are so beautiful but there so small.

With only just 3 small fish in a 5 gallon tank it looks like you can’t even see fish in the tank. They all hide behind the plants. They only come out when I feed them. I wish they were more active.

I hope I could get more fish. I would be so sad if I didn’t get more fish. I only need 3 more fish to fill my tank.

One day I stayed at my grandpas and we went to a desert area. It was a nice day not to hot and not to cold just right. There was so much sand, trees and bushes.

Then while we were walking my grandpa told me about javelin’s that been living there for a about two weeks. I got kind of scared when he told me. I never saw a javelina before.

Next when we were walking closer there were javelinas making rustling and snorting sounds. There was like six or seven of them. when we got closer the baby javelina came of the bushes and we were like only 5 feet away. The mom and dad javelinas were watching us. we walked as slow as a slug past the javelinas.

After we got pasts we walked to see the birds then we went back to were the javelinas were and the baby was still there and we stopped there was a coyote tried to get the javelina and when the coyote saw us it ran away and we saved the javelina.

After we saved the javelinas life we couldn’t get passed again so my grandpa had to throw rocks near the javelin and it ran away we got passed!

That is the end of my story. This was a true event in my life. I hope you liked my true story.