Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Missing Brichta 05/22/13
Dog From The Sun 05/10/13
Flower Mantis 04/26/13
Sermour Simon 04/05/13
Helping Others 03/04/13
Helping 02/25/13
Coming Home 01/24/13
Snails In California 01/14/13
Need More Fish 11/30/12
Jalvelina 11/14/12
Karchner Caverns 10/30/12
Sacagawea 09/26/12
Fire 09/11/12
Growing a Cactus 08/31/12
Roberto Clemente 08/16/12

Article posted September 14, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 287

I wonder how you can grow a cactus. Cacti are popular to grow for a variety of reasons, including their unique look, easy care, and long life. In order to grow, cactus need at least six months of 70+ degree weather. Most cactus also need a lot of sunlight. They need two or three times of water a week, but too much water makes them rot. The best place to grow a cactus is outside in fast-draining soil like in the desert. That is how to grow a cactus.

Article posted August 28, 2012 at 04:54 PM GMT • comment • Reads 82

I want to know how to grow a cactus. What type of weather do they like? It depends on what kind of cactus you are planting. How often do they need water? Not to much or it will rot. Where is the best place to grow a cactus? The best place to grow a cactus is in dry deserts. How much sunlight do they need? A lot of sun. What kind of soil dose it need? It has to be thick soil.

Article posted August 28, 2012 at 04:55 PM GMT • comment • Reads 61

Cacti are fun to grow because they have a long lifespan, some bloom in the spring or summer, and are easy to take care of. I will tell you how to grow your own cactus.

Most cacti require direct sunlight all day. Only a few can survive in the shade. They need 70® weather almost all year for them to grow. Almost all parts of the USA have the right growing conditions for them. Their primary growing season is in the summer.

Cacti need special soil for them to grow. Special cactus soil is available at nurseries, but you can make your own by using sand and potting soil in a 1:4 ratio. Potting soil does not work, because it does not drain fast enough.

Planting cactus is a little different from planting regular plants, such as house plants. You need special soil, which was mentioned in the previous paragraph, and you need to wait 2-3 weeks until you water it so you can let the roots get set in the soil. When you are buying a pot for a cactus, get one that only fits the cactus, not any bigger, since cacti grow so slowly. Getting a bigger pot and transplanting every 3-4 years will be fine.

Taking care of cactus can be very easy if you give it just the right amount of water, sunlight, and space. In the spring and summer, the cactus does most of its growing, so you should keep the soil damp under the surface. Outdoor cacti need to be watered 2-3 times a week, while indoor cacti need to be watered 2 times a week. In late summer, winter, or fall, cacti do not need any water since they are not growing, but indoor cacti still require 1 watering a week because of the warmth from the heater.

Cacti can get diseases from overwatering in fall and winter. They have been known to rot from it. In some areas there are mealy bugs, aphids, and mites, but you can get pesticides to take care of them.

So now you know how to grow your own cactus.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:39 PM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I wonder how we grow cactus? first we're going to need our materials; a shovel, gloves, soil, and some dirt. And now here comes the hard part, now you are going to dig a hole and then put the cactus in the hole then give it some water and some light. You got yourself a cactus. That’s how you grow a cactus.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 05:16 PM GMT • comment • Reads 56

How to grow a cactus

What type of weather do they like?

Cold weather like winter and six months of hot weather.

How much sun light do cactuses need?

Full sun light in almost all cases. Only a select few are shade varieties.

How often do they need water?

If it is tap water it can be modified with white vinegar, and that will keep cactus seeding healthy.

Where is the best place to grow a cactus?

The best place to grow a cactus is in a group of cactuses.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:03 PM GMT • comment • Reads 59

How to grow a cactus? I wonder how we can grow a cactus? Did you Cactus like hot weather . Cactus don’t need that much water. The best time to grow is in the summer. So now you know how to grow your very own cactus.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:51 PM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I wonder how we can grow a cactus. What type of weather do they like? They like the sun but they can sometimes tolerate the snow but not for so long.

How often do they need water? Wait 2 or 3 weeks before watering it because the roots need to grow. Where is the best place to grow a cactus? In the hot desert.

I wonder how we can grow a cactus. A cactus needs plenty of sun light. It needs a lot of water. They need to be planted in the summer. It needs to be watered twice a week. Planting out doors makes the soil correct because when you grow a cactus outside the nutrins are good for the cactus. So now you know to grow your very own cactus.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 05:36 PM GMT • comment • Reads 57

Did you ever wonder how we can grow a cactus. Well if you want to know I am going to inform you how to grow a cactus. I will tell you so many facts about how to grow a cactus.

First I am going to tell you about were to grow a cactus. The best place to grow a cactus is a dry hot place. For example a good place is Arizona or Texas. I live in Tucson and there is so many cacti in Tucson. They need to be in hot places because they need direct sunlight.

Were you ever curious about if cacti need a special kind of soil. Cacti actually do need a special kind of soil. They need thin soil instead of thick regular soil.

If you have a medium pot you should use it to put a cactus in it and let it grow. When the cactus grows out of the pot transplant it to the ground in a large place.

Now you know the simple steps to grow a cactus. Try to grow your own cactus and see if these simple steps work.

Article posted August 27, 2012 at 08:42 PM GMT • comment • Reads 81

I wonder how cacti can grow. Cacti grow by letting it be in the sun every day you let the sun hit the cacti. The pests are bugs and aphids. They need water 2 or 3 weeks for water. So now you know how to grow your very own cactus.

Select a shallow growing dish or bowl for your indoor cactus. Purchase cactus, the soil; place your cactus in the potting soil using gloves. Put potting soil around the cactus and pat down gently. Place a layer of gravel or sand around the base of the cactus. Place the cactus in a sunny area where it will get 4-6 hours of sunlight each day. Water once a month and give it houseplant food once or twice a year

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:26 PM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Noraly G.

I wonder how we can grow a cactus.

The cactus needs full sunlight. You need to wait at least 2-3 weeks until watering. If you over water then the cactus will die. You have to plant the cactus in a pot first, and then you have to transplant it to the ground. Cactus’s like to be in the hot weather. To plant a cactus you need thin soil. If you use regular soil it won’t work. You have to watch your cactus’s because bugs and aphids will eat your cactus. You really don’t have to put a lot of attention to them just a little bit. And that’s how you grow a cactus.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 05:15 PM GMT • comment • Reads 69

What type of weather do they like?

How much sun light do they need?

How often do they need water?

If it is tap water it can be modified with white vinegar, and that will keep the cactus seeding healthy.

The best place to grow a cactus is in a group of cactuses

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:38 PM GMT • comment • Reads 73

How do you plant a Cactus? You have to make sure when your planting the Cactus that you need to make a hole and be careful to put it in.

How much sunlight do they need? They need sunlight almost every day.

How often do they need water? Water the Cactus up to 2 or 3 times a week and don’t over fill the pot because it will die. How do you take care of a cactus? You have to make sure that the water has the right tempetature ranges and it needs lots and lots of water, sunlight, and soil this is the most important. How do you take care of a cactus? You have to make sure that cactus dose not have bugs on it because the bugs will eat the cactus. The bugs are aphids. Can a cactus grow anything? The cactus can grow something like bright red flowers. Some other cactuses in the spring grow yellow flowers. And be careful with their spikes=http://=http://=http://=http://

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 09:31 PM GMT • comment • Reads 60

How do you grow and take care of a cactus? I wonder what types of cactus there are? I read that there are only two type’s of cactus. I wonder where the best place is to grow a cactus? You should grow a cactus outside because cactus need lot’s of sunlight.

I'm wondering when do I water the cactus? I should wait till over 3 weeks.

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 05:14 PM GMT • comment • Reads 60

What type of weather do they like?

How often do they need water?

How much sunlight do cactus need?

Full sunlight in almost all cases only select a few of shade.

In the desert.

this is how you grow a cactus….First you make Shure the weather is just perfect not to hot not rainy not to cold it’s just perfect. Ok now you get the seed’s and dig a good size hole where you can fit your hand in and than you pit the seed in the hole and than you water the seed’s. Oh one more thing don’t plant the cactus where there’s no sun at or else the cactus wont grow ok. And make sure you don’t over water it cause if you do it will get to much water and dye. If it rains do not water it for a couple days or it will get too much water and dye but if it doesn’t rain and you forget to water it for 3 days it will dye of thirst……So that’s all you need to know about how to grow a cactus=http://

Article posted August 31, 2012 at 05:05 PM GMT • comment • Reads 66

I wonder how we can grow a cactus. You need to wait 2/3 weeks before watering cactus so the roots can grow. The cactus love hot weather. If you over water the they can die. Cactus need thin soil to grow. Cactus mostly grow on there own. Some cactus can also grow in the forest. Some cactus need a lot of water some need little bit of water. So now you know how to grow your very own cactus

Article posted August 27, 2012 at 04:54 PM GMT • comment • Reads 57

I wonder how we can grow a cactus. When you plant a cactus put it in hot weather. They need to have water every 2 or 3 weeks. When you plant a cactus you have to put it in thick soil. So now you know how to plant your very own cactus.

Cactus’s need full sunlight and water because if they don’t have sunlight or water they will die. There are about 2,000 or more different kinds’ species of cactus. Some cactus can be 20m 66ft. Small cactus has big roots and the big cactus has small roots. Humming birds eat cactus. Some birds live in the cactus. Mexican cacti are called Lophophora Williamsii. Some cactus has a flower on it but some don’t. Cactus need drinking water because it saves life’s in the desert.

I wonder how we can grow a cactus. Were should I plant a cactus? First you should plant it In a pot. Then you should water it. You should let it have full sunlight. Don’t over water it and It needs avery little attention. So now you know how to grow your very own cactus

Article posted August 28, 2012 at 05:01 PM GMT • comment • Reads 63

I wonder how you grow cacti. Well I am going to tell you how! First, you need you’re cacti has to be in direct And full sunlight. Second, you’re cacti

needs to be watered once a week maximum! Third, when you plant

It you dig a hole and then transplant

You’re cactus into the hole. Last, you

Make sure you’re cactus doesn’t have a disease or a harmful insect. In all, that is how you plant and take care of

A cactus.

How to grow a cactus?

What type of weather do they like? Hot dry weather.

How often do they need water? River

Where is the best place to grow a cactus? In the hot desert.