Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Article posted September 14, 2012 at 01:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 303

Why do people love and respect Roberto Clemente? Roberto Clemente Walker was a Puerto Rican ball player whose Major League career went 18 seasons from 1955 through 1972. He played all of them with the Pittsburgh Pirates, primarily as a right fielder. He was born in a small barrio in Puerto Rico. Roberto Clemente was the youngest of seven children and was raised in a modest home with mother Luisa and father Melchor. Clemente was a great players, always playing his best and was able to play well when it counted the most. That attitude won the World Series for the Pirates in 1971 and made him the Series MVP. Many people often said that Clemente played "something close to the level of absolute perfection." He was also a nice person and a good role model. He was well respected and he looked out for other people. In 1972, Clemente had taken upon himself to direct personally a relief mission to earthquake torn Nicaragua. He was on the plane heading to Nicaragua with food and supplies when it crashed into the Caribbean Ocean killing him and four other people. Thats why people love and respect Roberto Clemente.

Article posted August 16, 2012 at 04:29 PM GMT • comment • Reads 59

Do you know why Roberto Clemente was such a respected ballplayer? I will tell you why.

One of the reasons that people loved Roberto was that he was a good player. He was the first Latin American baseball player to be voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, because he was one of the very few players to get 3,000 hits! His team appreciated him because he helped them get good scores. He was a very talented player, and he was valuable to his team.

Roberto Clemente also helped the people in Nicaragua when there was a giant earthquake. He helped people by delivering food, water, and medicine. He helped a boy that lost his legs get artificial ones. He thought that helping people was a good way to support the people of his country.

Roberto Clemente was a good role model to Latinos because he helped both kids and adults believe that they could do whatever that want, and not have to put up with racial insults. He is seen as a role model all over the country. He helped lots of people believe in themselves. Roberto himself also had to learn not to listen to mean comments from other people that did not believe he could play baseball just because he was a different ethnicity.

Roberto wanted to build a place that anybody could go to to learn to play sports. He called it Sports City. After Roberto passed away, his family and friends built it for him. Now lots of athletes have gotten their start at sports at Sports City.

I hope you learned a lot about Roberto Clemente form this essay. Roberto Clemente is loved and respected because he was a great player, and he dedicated a lot of his time to helping people.

Article posted August 16, 2012 at 05:08 PM GMT • comment • Reads 73

Roberto Clemente

Why was Roberto Clemente so loved and respected?

Roberto Clemente dedicated his time to play baseball and he never gave up. He was always there for his teammates. He would try to show up to the games even though he was sick.

There were many other people who he loved and respected him too. He loved all his fans and teammates. He would always look out for them and be there for them.

He helped people in need like a little boy that had no legs so Roberto Clemente helped raise money for the little boy .Roberto Clemente also helped people in Nicaragua. There was also another little boy that was deaf and Roberto Clemente told him in sign language “you don’t have to hear to play baseball.” Then he gave him a bat that had a letter that was signed.

Roberto Clemente was also loved and respected because he hit 3,000 hit and it was amazing. All of his fans saw that he got a hit and the crowed roared. Then once they saw that big E come up for error and the crowed went quiet. Next Roberto Clemente did get his 3,000 hit. . Then he became in the baseball hall of fame with Willie Mays, Hank Aron. Then he became in the baseball hall of fame with Willie Mays, and Hank Aron and now there was Roberto Clemente.

He was a roll model for all of his fans and family and friends. Roberto Clemente was a roll model because he was nice and respected also. Then he also always follows the rules. That’s why he was a roll model.

That’s why Roberto Clemente was so loving and respected.