Copyright (c) 2014 by Jared H Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jared H -- Blogmeister

class 2015

by Jared H

teacher: Melanie Transue

Lets face it..."Check Yes Juliet" by We The Kings is a catchy song. Lets also face it I only thought of this song because its the only song besides Love Story that I knew with Romeo and Juliet mentioned. Basically when it comes between a Taylor Swift song and a random catchy song...I chose the one that alternates guitar chords in there songs. Now away from dissing Taylor (shes not that bad) I'm going to critique "Check Yes Juliet".

One, there were no letters to check yes on...there was a perverted nurse with a low I.Q. but I don't think she'd be appreciative if Juliet checked yes on her. Two "Check yes Juliet kill the limbo I'll be throwing rocks at your window."

Where would Juliet get a radio to play Limbo? When was that even popular?? I know it wasn't during the time the story we are reading is based on. Another thing...why do all songs involve Romeo throwing rocks at the windows? What is it Romeo is suddenly rude now? I don't remember shattered windows in the play I remember a balcony but not a window with hurt feelings.This song also never mentions Romeo... it took me awhile to figure out which Juliet he is singing about.

I basically beleive that its a great song for a modern time Romeo and Juliet but for the time period now its just a tad bit confusing. If you are singing about Romeo and Juliet there also should be a mention of tragedy since the story is a tragedy. Now I will stop complaining about the song. It involves a forbidden romance and catchy verses so if you haven't you should listen t it.

To conclude my drone I will say that the song is good to party to but not the best to compare to Romeo and Juliet. It has it's unique twist to the story but when it comes to it you should stick with the original. Especially after you say check an answer on a person ;)

I fell for someone who won't be able to read this unless I post it on Facebook I'm lazy. This is my first blog since I'm new I hope you enjoy.

I would say we were like Romeo and Juliet,

Our parents don’t want us to be together,

Only a few people know about us,

And it feels like it will be forever for us to meet,

I will not say we are like Romeo and Juliet,

Even though our love came fast within a weekend,

Even if my legs weaken and tremble as I write to you,

My heart skips a beat and I can’t feel my feet,

I will not say we are like them,

We are much better, we roughed it through bad weather,

Holding hands and grasping life,

None of this should be ended by a knife,

So we are not Romeo and Juliet because you and me....equal being together majestically.

Another poem "My Enemy"

Me and my enemy used to be close friends,

We used to share laughter and finish each others sentences,

Then I stupidly decided we should date then it was up to fate,

No longer do we speak we don't even acknowledge each other,

I beg I beg for forgiveness but it disapears in the wind,

I hate that we couldn't work it out,

I hate how for months I was left to pout,

But I didn't hate you,

In the end your not my enemy....

Its the person stering back at me in my reflection, thats my enemy,

He is the one who brought the saddening.

My poems usually come from after I date the crazy people I date, :).