Copyright (c) 2014 by Isaac K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Isaac K -- Blogmeister

Area 5

Welcome to 'Area 9' class blog. We are a class of 30 super Year 6 students. A few students blogging for the first time and others clear experts in this field. Please feel free to share our experiences and comment on our individual learning journeys.

by Isaac K

teacher: Helen Taylor

Forensic Science 09/25
Learning Journey 09/20
Assembly 09/20
Term 3 Targets 07/23
Queenie 07/23
Capital letters 06/20
reporting 06/04
Metaphors/Similes 05/08
Term 1 04/30

Title: Term 1 (04/30/12)
Description: What was your best accomplishment during term 1. What three goals have you set your self for term 2 based on your performance in term 1.
What would your like to see in the Year 6 curriculum over the next term and why? It can be anything at all as long as it has educational value- make it interesting and you never know it might be there.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 01:09 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

My Best Accomplishment........

Was learning squared numbers off by heart. Even though we did it at the beginning at the term I still remember them and I think it will really help me in future.

My Goals

I’m going to make sure, in term 2, that I stick to all tasks whether I like them or not.

I’m also going to be more organized this term, I mean my tray was clean for 2 weeks until it got messed up again. I’m going to clean my tray more regularly this term.

I’m going to try to get more sleep on school nights because in term 1 I stayed up late reading and the next day I got really tired and couldn’t do my work properly

Term 2 Curriculum

I would like to learn more spelling rules and Grammar in the Term 2 curriculum. I mean so well that I will be able to say all the types of words like Nouns, Verbs etc in less then 10 seconds.

Article posted June 21, 2012 at 02:51 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 47

My best achievement ...

Is learn to visualise fractions to make doing fractions a breeze!

My goals ...

To make my work neater and and more legible, complete my work in the time given, improve my grammar and punctuation and expand my vocabulary.

What I would like to see in the next curriculum ...

More about chemistry and the periodic table.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 08:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

I got to understand more about fractions and how to also convert them into decimals. I also accomplished what a squared number is. My three goals for term 2 is to start my homework earlier in the week, put some more thought into my homework as well and keep up with Mrs Taylor with what she is teaching. In the Year 6 curriculum I would like to see that for science your teacher would have to take you on an excursion to do with what you have been learning. The excursion would have the class doing an activity but also learning. Make sure everybody is willing to do it as well.

Article posted June 22, 2012 at 02:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 38

My best accomplishment is square number in Term1, because is easy to understand and very interesting too.my three goals in term 2 in maths is square root and decimal, because sometime i struggle to understand and i not that good on my time table. my second goal is science making an experiment, because i usually like to work in pairs instead of solo.My final goal is language writing a persuasive text.

In my curriculum i would like to go from 32% to 50% in my grades.

Article posted June 22, 2012 at 05:03 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

My best accomplishment was learning Mode, Medium, Mean and Range.

In Term 2,my goals are to:

1.Improve my Science.

2.Improve my English.

3.Finish all the music task.

I would like to do more

1.Do Black and white art like illusions.

2.Do more Soccer Lessons.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 09:47 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 40

My best achievement in term 1 was getting work of the week for my squared numbers.

My goals for term 2

•better mental maths scores

•improving in Literacy

•improving in science

In my curriculum i would like to go from 33% to over 50% in my grades.

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 09:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

Simile

"John slept like a log"

Metaphor

"Gwen is a singing expert"

Switched

"John is a sleepy log"

"Gwen sings like an expert"

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 54

In term 1 our class did many fun things. One of the main things was when we went to Cottesloe Beach for Sculptures by the Sea. Many of the sculptures were innovative, but my favourite was a moving sculpture on the start of the groin. Another favourite was a wooden cover that was dark inside with holes drilled in the roof that looked exactly like stars.

Another interesting thing that happened was an aboriginal lady came to our school to talk about the dreamtime, I missed half of it due to a broken arm but it was very interesting, nevertheless. She talked about how things were formed and the stories associated with them. I would of really enjoyed being able to see the whole thing because I only got to hear a small amount of the talk.

What I really enjoyed about term1 was the new friends I made this term as well as the new things that I have learned. I would really like to thank my teacher for being one of the best teachers I have ever had.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 11:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

My Accomplishment

My best accomplishment in term 1 is when l received an ‘A’ for music.

My 3 Goals

My 3 goals for term 2 are:

1. To improve my spelling

2. To do more mathletics at home

3. To try and answer more questions at school

What I would like to see in the next curriculum

I would like to see in the next curriculum next term is About Animals(habitats and how they survive), because I really love animals and want to know more about them.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 02:06 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 40

My number 1 achievement in term 1 was to learn how to strucure a paragraph properly. At first i didn't know how to do it. No that I know how to do it I will be able to use it to get me better marks in NAPLAN. My 3 goals for Term 2 are to do my spelling s quickly in the morning, do Mathletics more often and to keep my tray tidy. Some things that I would like to learn abut at school are different religions and what those religons do, cooking and different countries cultures. 

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

My best accomplish was remembering the squared numbers off by heart.

In Term 2, my goals are to:

1. Finish my spellings quicker.

2. Be up to date on my Mathletics.

3. Get at least 8 destinations on my Challenging Text Book.

Next Term, I hope we can have more outdoor/sports activities like more biking activities, field trips etc..

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 08:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

My biggest accomplishment in term 1 was getting an a in the music task.

my goals for term 2:|

1.Turn in my homework on time.

2.Finish my spellings earlier.

3.Do more mathletics.

I would like to see more sports in the term 2 curriculum.:D

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 51

In term 1 my class did loads of great projects, one great excursion and one incursion.

My favourite project in term 1 was the art project about ourselves. I loved the excursion in term 1 to Sculptures by the Sea at Cottesloe. The incursion when the aboriginal lady came to tell us stories about the dreamtime. I liked the art project because we could express ourselves about our self.

We learnt a few maths topics. We learnt place value, how to turn fractions into decimals and percentages. We also learnt how to draw visualizations from decimals, fractions and percentages. I learnt about square roots. I learnt how to draw visualizations for the time tables. We learnt loads about fractions. We also learnt about the averages.

For our art project we had to draw stuff about our self. We had colour in shades of a particular colour of our choice. Later in term 1 we learned about contour drawing. We drew our self, a person of our choice and the person opposite us.

For Literacy we learnt about persuasive texts and wrote some of our own.

This term I would like a bit more challenging maths tasks in class.