This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

blog 4 06/11/12
blog 13 !!! 06/05/12
blog 12 05/30/12
blog 11 05/30/12
blog 10 05/30/12
blog 9 05/16/12
blog 8 05/09/12
blog 7 05/09/12
blog 6 05/03/12
Blog 5 04/23/12
04/18/12
Blog 2 04/18/12
Blog #1 04/12/12

to prepare myself for the representation assignment and the presentation i am going to make sure that i feel really comfortable with my final product. i am going to make sure that i use a good volume that the entire class can hear me and that i use good eye contact. usually i am really good at winging assignments, but when it comes down to a presentation i cant really do it because i start to get a little nervous and then it throws everything off.

compared to my first blog that i did, my opinions have changed big time because i thought that everyone would be just here to do thier work and not really be as talkative. But now i realize that everyone is class has good things about them and that we can all get along very good. One of the things that i will remember from this learing experience is that no matter how old you are, you are not "too old" or "too young" to finish up your highschool career. for my personal goals i think i have reached them all, just the one big thing i am missing... MY DIPLOMIA!!! :)

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:03 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

effective planning for writing as essay is very important to me because if i dont do any planning to prep myself to write an eassy you can tell my the end of my good copy because it could be alot better and that i did not put any effort into it. Effective planning is also a good key because then you know what you are going to put down for your intro, 3 body paragraphs and for your conclusion.

After hearing the discussion about how to make sure that sources are accurate and up to date is a very good topic because anyone can put anything on the internet and say that it is correct but really any average joe can put up information about anything. at least now after watching that documentary i no what to look for in a good and realiable source.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 07:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 38

Some of the goals that i did set for myself at the begining of the semster i have accomplished because of my hard work and by jody helping me when i did not have an understanding about my work. After i do go up and get my diploma i no there is still work that has to be done with post secondary schooling, after i graduate i would like to go get my apprenticeship for carpentry and then go start my life with a good career. my goals for the next of weeks are to make sure that i finish all outstanding assignments and to make sure that i do a good exam prep because the exam is what makes me stressout alot.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 06:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

i think that having and participating in group discussions in the classroom is a very good idea because if someone doesnt get the topic that we are talking about as a class, it gives them an oppurtunity to disscuss what they need help getting or hearing another persons opinion.

i really dont mind classroom discussions because i like to hear other peoples ideas and then i can compare my thoughts with their thoughts. It does benefit everyone in a positive way beacause some topics people have trouble understanding.

Music is a big major role in everyones life now a days because it has so much meaning, a lot of "force and change" and the meaning of that is that artists today try and make a positive difference in thier songs and they tell you how they came from nothing to now how they are famous by how they kept failing but you cant suceed if you dont fail.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 06:23 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 39

This quote is a very unique because it has a lot of meaning and depending on how you look at it is very true. the meaning of this quote to me means that no matter how hard you try at the end of the day it is up to you to decide the outcome and your life is what you make it.

one of the best quotes that has a big impact in my life in highschool was a basketball quote from the best player in history, Micheal Jordan.

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

Michael Jordan

for my major assignment some of the skills that i have prepared myself to help me to make sure that i do this assignment i have did some thinking and to make sure that the connections that i have made through this texts made sence and through the 2 storys that i have chosen.

to make sure that i have met the outcome of this assignment i made sure that all the connections make sence and that i got someone to read over my work.

Everyone today is so dependent on the internet and cant seem to get away from it. in our society today i dont think we would last a day without the internet because it has been looked at as such a dependant varible in our lives and is used in so many different ways.

even jus little things now a days has something to do with the internet, such as videogames, looking at scores for your favorite sports team, and for people that are not very social so they have to use a social network such as "facebook" and "twitter" just to have or start a conversation with someone.

if the internet dissapeared tomorrow it wouldnt really affect my life that much because the only time i use the internet is to go on facebook or look at sport acticles.