This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

Blog #11 06/10/12
Blog #13 06/08/12
Blog #12 06/08/12
Blog #10 06/08/12
Blog #8 06/08/12
Blog #9 05/14/12
Blog #6 05/06/12
Blog #7 05/05/12
Blog #4 05/02/12
Blog #5 04/25/12
Blog #3 04/25/12
Blog#2 04/25/12
Blog #1 04/18/12
Rush hour 3 04/04/12

Critical thinking and analysing apply for me when I am getting ready for an exam.

First I try to approach the exam with a confidence, to do so I read again and again my notes, to memorise it I close my eyes in a few minutes and image what I just read.so my brain can absorb everything.

Secondly I sleep the night before at least 8-9 hours. I know sometimes isn’t easy to sleep when your brain is all over, however I drink a warm milk, and eat a food to make myself full. After I do that I try to go to bed, if in 10 minutes I can’t sleep. I try to read a boring book, so I can sleep. The morning of the test I eat a good nutrition breakfast like a whole wheat bread and chocolate milk or an orange juice.in my way to the school I read a little note which I wrote all the important things I suppose to memorise.

Finally when I come to the school and I get my test, I close my eyes again and image the entire think I studied last night, if its math I memorise the formulas. The technique that always helps me is, when I am writing my exam or a test I only look the page I am on, and if I find it is a hard question, I try to fillip the next question or the easiest questions.

Critical thinking and analyzing would apply for me when I am building a computer and I don't know where to place certain pins on the motherboard, sometimes you need to do some critical thinking and analyzing to determine where you think what the proper placement for them is.

I use creative thinking when I am repairing computers, it is important because in certain situations I need to try a lot of differant problem solving trial and error solutions to narrow it down to what is causing the problem and sometimes it takes some creative thinking to make certain things work.

I use constructive thinking when putting a computer together, sometimes when building a computer certain pieces don't always fit the way they should so I use constrictive and creative thinking to work my way around the problem and macgyver a solution to some of my problem.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 06:41 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 110

One of the instances where I use critcal , creative , and constructive thinking is in school. We are required to look at articles from every angle. We break down the different pieces of the articles and figure out our own opinions of them. When asked to write , the creative aspect is very much needed; to just write something plain and detail less is not grabbing to the audience. Constructively making the work into a different form or writting something on your own.

I use critical thinking when I am building something. Or doing a job for someone that is specific in what they want. Sometimes when adding on to a pre existing build it can be hard to determine the pitch of the roof or certain cuts. etc.

I need to be very creative at times to tie certain things together, and to make things appear square and true when pre existing conditions are not level. I use a lot of creativity when design etc is left up to me.

When I play poker with my friends I need to use skills like analyze and use critical thinking to change decisions and make new ones based upon the situation. An example is completely changing my bet or folding depending upon the flop in a poker game also looking at the other players and analyzing their expressions to make a critical decision. You have to be constructive when playing poker to make new decions on the fly based upon different situations and factors.

i use critical thinking when im at work. i work at tim hortons so time is very critical when it comes to the costomers. everything needs to be done on time so we dont loose busniess because were to slow or we didnt make enough coffee and people have to wait.and we cant be out of donuts or food.

i use creative thinking at work as well when im on production (baking). i need to make sure the donuts are 'picture perfect' every time.

A life experience that happened to me recently was that me and my boyfriend went to his friends place to watch the NHL playoffs and he had a couple of drinks so when the game ended around 11:30, I had to drive us home. Already half asleep, I had no choice whether or not I wanted to so I didn't re-adjust his mirrors or anything, I just wanted to get home and I relied on backing up with the back-up camera on his truck. When we got home, someone was parked in his usual spot so I went to back up and park his truck behind my car. Well, I didn't notice or see in the back-up camera that there was a car behind mine so I ended up grazing against a car and scratching both vehicles. There's a ton of things now that I wish we could of done like stay home like I wanted to, taken my time to readjust his mirrors or even just paying better attention to my surroundings better when backing up. But it's too late now and i'm out $200 and 2 merits off my license. Oh well, you live and you learn! At least no one was super upset with me and everything was able to get resolved.

Well for when I am using critical thinking and analyzing thats for me when I am doing math always rechecking over every equation. Many things I use this with in my games also before I move a step up or before I plan out where to go.

For creative thinking well thats an easy one because in class the other day I created that for the visual representation assignment that we did. I once again also use this in my games for making layouts for strategy.

Cunstructive thinking is my favorite one as i would use this in my house as of right now I currently have a major project going in the basement. I am building a gym and another room for myself for extra entertainment and more room for the house.

Video games, more specifically real time strategy games, are where you need to be analyzing what you need to do to win. Either computer or player you need to understand what they are and the tactics that they can/will use. From the first attack or from you discover them you get a general idea of what they are and some plans that they will do. Now with the attack or when have you discovered them you are building the defences to make sure that they do not get into your base and destroy you but while they are either building up the force to attack or even attacking you, you are building your own forces to attack him back. Once you have the defences up and have pushed back their attack on your base you send in your forces to attack and destroy him; so that you can win the game because even though they may have defences of their own and units you will most likely either overwhelm them and destroy them or weaken them to the point where it takes them longer to attack you again. Then it is either rinse and repeat or after destroying him destroy his ally.

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 43

In the last three years I have taken a good direction to raise my children and to be the person I want to be for me and my children and no one else. I have looked at how my life was three years ago to how my life is right now. It is very important that there is always a chance to change your path in life, not change who you are but to lead and create a path in a different direction. I have critically analyzed my life of what my steps were and I was taking the wrong path and fallowing the negative people around and never being the leader so I myself could be positive.

I used sythesis to correct a article i once read that had typos. I found that they misspelled the robbers name because i had met him before as well as the store name because i visited it once before. I was able to fix the mistakes and understand that they didn't do much reserch into the people and place not on the story. I use alot of thinking in all form when i record for my channel on youtube. I use critical thinking when figuring out my information on the game and it's content to make sure i cover all that i can to inform the audience. I use creative thinking when finding pins jokes and other entertaining ways to help the audience enjoy it more. I also think constructive to myself asking what i did wrong what i can improve on in my speech with my videos and help myself find more ways to entertain.

I have not presented my assignment yet but if i were to in the future i would try to pace myself. i would think about what i would say about the subject my sketch after it and why i did them. i would explain why i drew it the explanation behind the piece why it covers the story i chose. I would also explain why i chose that stroy what i thought about it and so on and so forth. I would practise my speech and how i would go about it , work on my speech make sure it's clear and everyone can hear me. I would try to not pace as much i have a tendency to do so and not fidgit as much because i do that when i'm nervous. Finnally i would write down my speech and make sure i have it incase i forget.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 06:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

If the internet were to no longer exist i would be devastated my life is pretty much my computer. It has my channel my manga that i read facebook obviously and my television. I would no longer have a hobby due to the channel giving me something to do, i would no longer have anything to read for my favorite story. I would not have a place to watch my classic shows and movies to start my conversations. I do believe we are to attached to the internet and it's vast amount of entertainment. Some people are needed for the internet programmers and engineers to keep it alive because it is a good source of information it is in some wyas a nessessity for people but it can get in the way of lives. It is not a nessasrry thing for us to live but some can not live without it.

Its important to critically analyze something when you are figuring out stuff. If you run a business you need to do tons of critical thinking. I use it at school, work and anything else that involve it. I use it to usually look stuff over to make sure its set up proper.

I work as a CSW (community support worker)and at times in certain situations I've had to think critically when it came to a med error. Whenever a med error occurs an incident report needs to filled out, pharmacy needs to be called and the individual supported has to be watched carefully for signs that they may be ill.For all these to take place successfully you need to know what exactly occured and think of the possible interactions certain meds have with others, you also need to know what questions you have to ask the pharmacist and how to properly and professionally fill in an incident report.

Article posted April 18, 2012 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 43

i used to not care about anythig nothing mattered to me and i just never wanted to do anything now adays i am in school and feeling good working hard everyday to get my life back on track. there were point in my life were i didnt know if i was going to make it but i turned it around and life is good now.

Article posted April 20, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

Budgeting is an area in life in which we use critical, creative and constructive thinking skills. The process starts with the collection of information. What do we have to work with? Money. How much? To whom shall the money go? The next step can sometimes really test the creative thinking process. Life is always changing and throwing unexpected expenses at us, so our budgets can sometimes get completely thrown off course. There can also be setbacks in our lives that can affect our incomes such as illness, accidents or loss of jobs for unforeseen reasons. When these changes occur that alter our budget we need to use our constructive thinking skills to reassess our financial situation. One area in which we would need to reconstruct our budget is grocery shopping. Our grocery list would need to be reevaluated and reprioritized. These are all important skills to have. Now with some life experience I enjoy seeing how what is taught in high school is connected to the real world and how these skills are transferable from one area to another.

Article posted April 16, 2012 at 07:14 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 39

Back in '07, I spent christmas eve under osborne street bridge. Looking back now, I see the now that the choices I made back then, were not only bad, but also careless. I refused to "gratify" some loser guy so the "boss" handed me my drugs, and threw me out into the street, in the middle of winter.Do I blame him now for his lack of compassion? Hell yeah. Back then? Nope.. I had what I wanted: Drugs and my self respect. I didn't care that it was minus 30, or that it was christmas eve.

So two years later, when the same situation presented itself, I made the healthy, right choice.I got myself into rehab the very next day, I would not make that same mistake again! I had to look at both situations, critically, then weigh my options..then make the right move. I spent three long months in rehab..with a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and a garunteed roof over my head. When I left rehab, I had more self respect, a plan of action, and a clear head. I have now had the same roof over my head for two years.. GO ME!!!

I’d say a time in my life were I use these thinking skills the most is when I’m sledding. While I’m driving you’re constantly using critical thinking to analyze the trail and think about the next turn I have to make. I also have to use the knowledge I have about what my sled/myself can handle and judge things accordingly. I use creative thinking to think about what could possibly go wrong for example if a deer was to randomly just run out on the trail. If something goes wrong while I’m driving I have to use constructive thinking to figure out a very quick solution to the problem.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

Over the last three and a half years ago,I use critical thinking and analysis to put a crib together. When open a crib, it has many pieces that needed to be put together to make it look exactly as a crib look like.

The best part was that you are provided with instructional book. I took my time reading instructons and observing it. With instruction book, gave me new skills of putting all parts into their right places thus makes me a great builder who know how to get all crib pieces put together.

Before i never really second guessed my chioces that i have made in my life, but now growwing up and realizing that those chioces did not benifit me in a positive way, now i take a second to anilize the situation and think of a better solution.

the steps to getting better and makeing the better chioces im going to think about the conseqences and think if it is going to benifit me in a positive way and to make sure that im not going to regret that choice.