This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

Blog #4 06/18/12
blog # 11 06/16/12
blog #13 06/07/12
blog #12 05/30/12
blog #7 05/30/12
blog 10 05/16/12
blog 9 05/16/12
bolg 8 05/16/12
blog#6 05/02/12
blog 5 04/23/12
blog #3 04/16/12
blog #2 04/16/12
Blog #1 04/11/12
test blog 1 04/04/12

Even though I misses this class, I did prepare for two other presentations, one for the Lyric presentation (small group) ans research presentation (in class).For both presentations, I made sure to have all the material that would aid me in having an effective speech. Copiling notes is one thing, getting if front of a group whether big or small is something completely different. No matter how much I prepared and how confident I felt in the car practicing or presenting it to my husband, nothing could shake my nerves. Practice makes perfect but in this case, I'm glad it's over.

Article posted June 17, 2012 at 05:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The internet is an easy reaserching tool to have at your disposal and yet alot of the information that can be added to such sites as wikipedia are very easily disposable. People can add whatever kind of garbage or made up stuff to certain if they choose, that's why it's important to check out as many sites as you possibly can reguarding specific information.

My overall opinion of this course is a possitive one. I appreciated all the challenges that came along the way because I was really looking forward to re-connecting to writing, something I used to do alot of in highschool.I don't have anything negative to say about the course nor the way it was taught. An all around good experience except for the long drive.

Effective planning is important to essay writing because it allows you to compartmentalize your thoughts. Once you have a visual, it's easier to sort things out by adding to or omitting from the work you have already done. Putting your thought on paper makes the essay writing process faster and easier.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 08:00 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

"living in the past begins the ending first" Feist

I chose this lyric because it says so much and speaks so loudly with only eight words. The song is about a relationship which seems to be going nowhere but down evethough she has done everything in her power to make him see that she is a good woman. It seems to say to me that no matter how well you treat a person, if they choose to live in the past , the realtionship is doomed. It's a beautiful song that almost forces me to be in the moment and forget past hurt.

I came into this course unsure of my writing skills considering I hadn't done much writing in the past several years( life got in the way). I'm trying to work on my researching skills for future projects for this course as well as for my future foiree into nursing. I'm sure I'll have alot of researcing and essay writing to do when in school full time. I feel as though I've gained some useful skills for future education.

i enjoy group discussions simply because I feel like there is always something to learn from others, someone might bring up a point that I would have never thought about pretaining to a certain subject. I also think that group discussion is a confidence builder, it draws a person out and in a way , forcing them to voice their opinions.

I instanly think of Bolero by Ravel. It was composed for the ballet, with obviously no words but it conveys so much emotion. It's sensual, and beautiful with sexual undertones or so I have preceived . Everyone that I know that has heard it has some sort of opinion of it( usually positive). It takes the listener to a completely different realm, one of weightlessness and euphoria.I actually listened to it while in labor with my daughter and felt no need for pain killers.

I preperation for the major assignment Ihave been writing at home a little each night to hoan my skill. I've also been reading one of my husband's university books on MLA to gain a better understanding on how to implament it in my writing ( refferance).I have also read and re read the texts that I will be using for the major assignment.

How would my life be affected if there was no internet?

I would like to say that the internet is of no great importance to me but I would be lying to myself. I like keeping in contact with family and friends that live out of the country, so I would miss the ability to connect to them via e-mail and not to mention calling long distance can get really expensive. Also, I can appreciate the fact that you can look up pretty much everything for free(I love kijiji). With that being said, I can easily find different avenues for my needs, I can call friends and family and have actual meaning conversations as opposed to "shooting the s#$@" through e'mail and I can also look to our local news paper for current information and other things of interest to me. If there was to be no internet tommorow, I would be silightly upset but I would quickly get over it.