This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

Blog#2 06/19/12
Blog#12 06/11/12
Blog#13 06/11/12
Blog#11 05/24/12
Blog#10 05/14/12
Blog#9 05/14/12
Blog#8 05/07/12
Blog#7 05/03/12
Blog#6 05/02/12
Blog#5 04/23/12
Blog# 4 04/18/12
Blog#3 04/18/12
Blog#1 04/09/12
Favorite band 04/04/12

Article posted June 19, 2012 at 06:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 76

I chose the hanging shoes story. I told other reasons I knew of for shoes hanging on a power line. I used a style so everyone could understand. I told it with facts so people could understand exactly what is being told.

Planning is effective for planning a essay because it helps put everything together. When you don't use a planning sheet you can't go back to make sure you got all the ideas you wanted to achieve on your paper. Having a planning sheets gives you all the ideas you thought of for your paper making it remind you about everything you wanted to put on your paper. Also skipping a planning sheet will make your essay not as strong as it can be because you didn't take time to plan out how you want your essay to be and you can be missing a lot of information that you wanted to get on your paper after you finished. When you make sure you have all your ideas it makes your paper a lot stronger and more understandable

English this year went better than previous years. I liked having the class in a short period of time. Work we done in class wasn't to difficult to do, the teacher explained everything well and made sure everyone understood. Class was more lay back and more better of a learning environment than other years. There wasn't anything I disliked about the class.

Shows how anyone can post anything online. Internet is a good source of information but you have to make sure you get the correct stuff. Always double checking your information is the safest. Can't always believe what you hear and see.

In the English course I want to improve my mark and grammar from previous years. The way I'm going to improve my mark is by completing all the assignments that are given out and making sure I do them properly. I will improve on my grammar by reading my work over, I will also use spell check to make sure I spelt the words correct. Getting the diploma is important because it opens more doors for the future. After I get my diploma I will keep using the skills I learned in English, I will use them to make sure my letters, emails or whatever needs a format and checking are done right.

Classroom discussions are important because you get more than one opinion, you get around five other people sharing their opinions. When you work as a group you get more work done because of how many ideas that are being shared. Classroom discussions also are important because you may think your doing the assignment right but not doing it right, your group can correct your error before you waste more time doing it wrong. Personally I would prefer to work on my own in a classroom setting.

Music gets used for giving messages out by the artist. Music tells a story to the listeners that the artist is telling. Some songs that people listen to confuse the person they think they know the meaning but don't actually know that they don't really understand the meaning of the song, they think it means something else when really the artist is trying to give a different message out. The song "Gonna Find You- Operation Ivy" the artist was expressing how society is toward people, the artist was trying to give the message that whatever your suppose to be in life it will find you. Songs that have lyrics usually have a story or meaning behind them. I listen to songs for different reason,from being happy or being down about something. When you go to a club you hear club music your not going to hear some of the things you would listen to on your own time at a club because it doesn't fit the mood of everyone in the club.

"So Elvira brings my bottle, hold it up and let it bend. Figure of two rings battling an extra end and I'm peeling off the label as they peel a corner guard. Dance down the sheet to the tune of "hurry, Hurry, hard."

The reason I choose these lyrics was that they gave a good description of the language being used in the song.The artist is using curling terms to make the song use language. The artist does a good job at using words that are not really saying that he is at a curling event, just sounds like he is saying. The artist is trying to make the listener be able to relate to the song to make it easy to understand the meaning.Song sounds like the artist is depressed in a way.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 07:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

The major assignment we got was to realte to a quote and have two storys and one personal connection to the quote. So far I've been re reading it to make sure I get rid of all the spelling errors. I'm also going to make sure it fit better together. I will make sure I re read more times and try to make everything make better sense, I will also make sure I re read all the instructions. Other things I might do is have someone read it before I hand my good copy in.

My life wouldn't change to much if the internet disappeared tomorrow. The things I would be losing out on is watching youtube videos,being able to download music or get quick information from google.People lived without the internet before so not having it wouldn't be the end of the world, people would just have to take more time and figure out what they need to learn by reading or learning from someone. A lot of the information I would have to get to learn something I would just have to go to the libary or to a book store. Everyone in the world would have to arrange different ways to commuicate like instead of emailing a important document to someone they would have to send the person a letter and have to wait for a return. Losing the internet would slow down a lot of the stuff we do because on the internet we can have a email send in under a minute where a letter takes more time. One other way people would be at a disadvantage of not having the internet is people wouldnt be able to order stuff they want online they would have to go find what they need in the stores. Crime would be easier to commit without the internet because business owners wouldnt be able to keep a eye on their cameras at their work place from home, they would have to watch it on tape after it was recorded.