My thoughts

This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

Blog #13 06/07/12
Blog #12 05/30/12
blog #11 05/24/12
Blog #10 05/14/12
Blog #9 05/14/12
Blog#8 05/07/12
Blog #7 05/03/12
blog #6 05/03/12
blog #5 04/23/12
Blog #4 04/23/12
Blog #3 04/23/12
Blog #2 04/11/12
Blog # 1 04/09/12
Test Blog (40S Condensed) 04/04/12

I liked the lyrics section because i enjoy writing them in my spare time and learning what other lyrics mean s othis on hit home.I didn't really like the presenting parts since i get really nervous infront of people so i didn't find it very amsing.I have gained more knowlodge about the subject and understanding the little things about it. I wish we would have explored poetry a little since there is a difference and i have an even easier time with that subject. This course did meet al my expectations and more tan that. I have met my goals but not to the point but in ways i have and i am ok with that...vauge yes but iti s how it is.

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 05:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

Effective planning to essay writing is important do to the fact that it is a tedious task. To write an essay about an important subject you first have to know at least a little about it first and then look for more information about it. Writing an essay needs proper and prociss information or it will be false and then would only be a bunch of lies. Looking for sites and books on the subject is a good place to start it is the main source of information needed for an essay but beware some sites and books are re-writes and falsified so a copywrite claim on the site is a good clue for authentication. Writing down questions on your subject is a good planning step because it gets your feet wet and starts you off slow so it doesn't seem so overwhelming and is a good way of knowing where to start. Webs and other planning graphs also help in the same way of asking questions but specific things about them should be put in these sheets to help branch your thoughts and information out to help set up your essay.

I learned that wikipedia is not always the best source of information out there on the internet. I also learned that people other than the site owners are the ones putting up the information...wow did not know this. I also learned that more than one source is helpful in finding the truth and knowing if a site is accurate on it's information. I now know that the internet is not always the best source for information, books, magazines,blogs,etc should also be a consideration. I also now know that finding copywrite claims on the sites can varify if the site is fake or actually owned by the company displaying the information.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 07:49 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

My goal in the english languadge arts id to revise and edit better, every time i try i always lose marks because of my lack in skils for this process. I also wish to complete this course and maybe use the very skills i learn to possibly write lyrics and poems, i find them intriging and easy to express myself with them. The diploma matters to me because it is proof that i have put the effort into accomplishing a goal and shows that i wasn't a graduate because i was sick all the tme no the point that i made the effrot to learn and earn it is why it matters. I Could build my skills here in lyric writting by getting a better understanding of the human languadge we invented it and even we don't fully understand it so it would realyy help if i could have more knowledge on the subject. I write lyrics from time to time but find myself repeating some terms and analogies and need more substance which is why i need this class. I would also like to achieve a goal of writing songs for my favorite artists and earn both many and more importantly friends while i do this. I will be getting there if i learn the languadge and terms and anologie and everything else to help express the feelings, subjects and other situations around me and share them with the world.

Engaging in class room discussion is important cause it helps get the ideas across through word of mouth. Actions speak louder than words they say, escpecially when they come from the mouth of some one who cares about the subject. If you hear it from a book or an article it only gets your attention for a small portion of time. But when a person speaks the truth on the subject and emphasises the words in a commanding and impowering voice it sticks in there mind there emotions are moved and it shakes inside them leaving a lasting effect which makes them believe what you are saying rings true. I feel that at times it can be intimidating to try and speak to people who are glaring at you expecting something remarkable and jaw dropping but when the fear of dissapointing the audience or when you think your going to choke, the overwhelming power that is pressure kicks in. It's not easy to reveal your thought if there going to be shot down like an enemy in duck hunt. Performing or presenting does benefit people in lots of ways. For some it can lead to a life as a motivational speaker or teacher at a university that spikes a career for you. It can also help the fear that you once had by praticing the very thing that scares you, the act in which is the only thing getting in your way that can set you for life instead of living in the dark and wondering if you could chase that monster inside of you away, the only barrier that could give you life to follow your own.

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 05:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Music is a voice for change in many ways for all people of shape size and color. It can comuunicate with us through it's lyrics by comparison of it's mean to the feelings of the person listening. It has a way of speaking to us that nothing else can, in a few simple minutes it can turn us from gloomy to glad from angry to sad to frustrated to happy. It has the force to change a person to motivate him/her to do what is for some hard to accomplish. It can change us by gathering those who share the same passion for it and others acurrances that relate to it and stand up for what is right in what we believe in. It is a force for change by the way music can heal a broken soul and the person it resides inside of. The most change for a force music can do is help us understand the world around us and the entities it holds in it's hands.

I believe he is talking about him looking at lots of choices for a life he wants. I also think he is trying to see why his life All these oportunities and wants one that sets him for a good life. I picture him looking at a broken mirrior at himself and thinking what he can do to change his life and how he can fix his mistakes searching for an answer. I can also see him using the filament as a nother term for an idea to spark his new life in a positive way. I like this line hopefully i can hear this song later and find the meaning to it. I think these lyrics may be about a lost hope he is picturing for himself and it may possibly be about a loved one or an addiction i just can't seem to put it together until i hear the whole song.

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 05:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

I prepared for the major assignment by looking at how i could form my sentences to make it more interesting. I used words relevent to the project and used other resources to explain my idea. I used abreaviations for words that were either too long or hard to understand to help with the less attentive audience members. I looked for words whos meaning had a similarity for the project and it's text to piece it together better. I connected to texts to my personal experiences with the topic and in detail but not fully. I also connected the text to other pieces of texts that were similar as an example to the original text for more explanation. I connected the final pieces to the world around us and the texts similarities to it for a piece that hopefully explains what i want to say.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 06:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

If the internet were to no longer exist i would be devastated my life is pretty much my computer. It has my channel my manga that i read facebook obviously and my television. I would no longer have a hobby due to the channel giving me something to do, i would no longer have anything to read for my favorite story. I would not have a place to watch my classic shows and movies to start my conversations. I do believe we are to attached to the internet and it's vast amount of entertainment. Some people are needed for the internet programmers and engineers to keep it alive because it is a good source of information it is in some wyas a nessessity for people but it can get in the way of lives. It is not a nessasrry thing for us to live but some can not live without it.

I have not presented my assignment yet but if i were to in the future i would try to pace myself. i would think about what i would say about the subject my sketch after it and why i did them. i would explain why i drew it the explanation behind the piece why it covers the story i chose. I would also explain why i chose that stroy what i thought about it and so on and so forth. I would practise my speech and how i would go about it , work on my speech make sure it's clear and everyone can hear me. I would try to not pace as much i have a tendency to do so and not fidgit as much because i do that when i'm nervous. Finnally i would write down my speech and make sure i have it incase i forget.

I LOVE ME SOME CHEESE!