This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

blog 13 06/07/12
blog 12 06/07/12
blog 11 05/28/12
blog 10 05/14/12
blog 9 05/14/12
blog 8 05/14/12
blog 7 05/14/12
blog 6 04/25/12
blog 5 04/23/12
blog 4 04/19/12
blog 3 04/18/12
blog 2 04/11/12
blog #1 04/09/12
test blog 04/04/12

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 06:10 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

I liked the essays that we had to do in the class as I have always liked essays and I tend to find them really easy. The only thing I kind of hated at first was the idea of doing the presentations for the music assignment. I have gained how to do more length in my assignments and to put more time and effort into them as some of them needed alot of work. I really didnt like anything enough to wish to do it more. I dont think that i have met my goals fully but I know that I have made what I needed to accomplish.

planning for essays is important because if you have a plan it makes things much easier for you. For example having your ideas on a seperate piece of paper and having details about each idea may help you to construct a paragraph. Some people have trouble doing this without that as me I find it much easier planning it and taking things step by step.

The most interesting idea i got out of that class is that any information put anywhere could be made up its if you put the effort and time in to actually compare with different sites or different people to see if it really is true or credible. Another one is that many people dont even think of this and they just right away beleive that information i defenitly am not one of those.

My current goals in language arts are to try to do harder in my assignments but I been having hard time since I have 3 classes going right now and I just feel very uninterested with this music assignment. My skills that I would like to work on is read over my stuff and re edit it because I hadnt had much time before and had noticed on that major assignment that I clearly still suck. The diplomat matters to me because I plan on being an accountant. I would like to use it to get somewhere in life as I defenitly will not be a writer and will be using strictly numbers or easier methods of doing so. I will be upgrading my skills as I want to be going to REd River for applied accounting.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 06:53 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

The reason why I think engaging in classroom discussion is because it is always good to have your own opinion involved. It is always good to hear other peoples ideas and ask them questions about it. Perssonally I rerally dont have a problem with it usaully im very outgoing about it but there is the odd time that I may not feel like being very involved. Of course it always benefits you because of the practice and it always upgrades your skill to communicate.

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 06:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

music has always had a way of communicating messages and different types of ideas or how another person feels. But to me and the way music communicates a message for me is the beats in the back and to have bass and treble and to be used for your vehicle. thats what music is to me and what I use it for.

What I think about this quote is some person having a hard life or somthing like having to push through hard things and getting hurt by it. The filament is what you make of yourself and to make your self someone there is always hard troubles and you most likely will be hurt.

A quote that I like is "war is fear cloaked in courage" William Westmoreland. I like this quote because i understand what the quote means.

I have been practicing with my organization and length of my assignments. I have alays thought I was very good at speeling and punctuation but I have been improving on those skills by reading over my stuff after I am done them. The responsibility that I have taken is that if I am unsure that my work is not complete I would have my girlfriend check it out to see what she thinks about it. I am going to succesfully meet the outcomes of the major assignment by making sure that I complete all the planning before hand to make sure I will have enough stuff to write 3 pages. I will also make sure by making sure that my idea connects to the texts that I choose and it actually makes sense.

Article posted April 23, 2012 at 07:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

If the internet dissapeared tommorow my life would for sure be greatly affected. I have the internet on my iphone so whenever i need help with somthing that i cant figure out for for one of my video games its right there. This would also affect me in school as we would not have the internet anymore for certain things so i defenitly think that the assigments would change somewhat even. Yes I do think we are becoming to independent on the interent my reasoning for it is because i have leanerd that all things are not always true so we choose to believe information that may not even be true.

I felt that I wasnt going to be as great as I was at the presentation. I figured that my visual had most of what I had to say without even really having to say much. So I really didnt say that much because I didnt have to. so in terms of preperation I could have prepared by making an actual presentation and putting a little bit more effort into the presentation. It will also be better for me to choose a different person as I will get better at it.