Copyright (c) 2014 by Bradley Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bradley -- Blogmeister

Writing E-Pod

Welcome parents and students! This is our writing blog. We invite you to make comments and to take the time to enjoy the pieces shared by these talented students.

by Bradley

teacher: Patti-Jo

Who is it? 04/11/12
untitled 04/10/12
Lord of the Rings 04/03/12
Friends 04/03/12
Love 04/03/12
Warriors by Erin Hunter 03/28/12
A Canadian Ballad 03/28/12
Clerihew 03/27/12
Night Time 03/27/12
A Roman Dream 03/26/12

There one night in my bed

I hear a rattle in my head

I think I know what it is

I don’t care I’m about to wiz

As I climbed out of the bed

My feet were full of led

My feet step into the hallway

And something turned night into day

As the refrigerator rattle

I prepare for a great battle

There he was eating food and being bad

Then it hit me, it was my DAD.

I will live my life as long as I can,

But I cannot survive with Montreal fans

Lords of the Rings

It was time for battle to ring

It was ferocious

My pretty, my precious.

©

Funny

Bossy

Respect

Goofy

Always with you wherever you go

Making sure you’re stable forever

©

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 04:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

Ups and downs today,

It’s everywhere tomorrow,

Everyone needs it.

This was a book recommended to me and I never read it until this year. It is a book about cats that live in the forest with clans and battles and adventures. They live as one and fight as one. They have rival clans all the time and they face challenges their whole life, the even have their own terminology about people and our crazy inventions. This is a book I love and would dream about and I think you will like it too.

Ballad

The knights one night went to see the dragon,

And in his castle there he laid,

The knights came charging in as the dragon was awaken,

A horrible battle was spent as the knights fled away,

And only thing the king could do was stare away in awe,

As the dragon went to sleep in his holy dragon hoard.

Christophe Ally Hoo,

A detective he was too,

We may be friends all the time,

But he’s never solved a crime.

The TV is speechless,

The book slams shut,

The father grunts,

A kid under the covers,

The teddy bears are squeeze tight,

The little glimmer of light,

A kid sleeps,

The monsters come out,

A rumble grows,

Darkness surrounds us,

And all is quiet,

It’s night time.

In a little Roman farm house lives a kid with a big dream. Now this isn’t your normal dream in these times. This 18 year old kid wants to command the Royal Roman Empire into its great victories and wars. Although he wants to be a Roman general his father expects something that their family has done there whole life; farming.

One day Altur wakes up to his father yelling at him from across the farm land.

“Altur, get down here and get the plow, the military is expecting some more shipments soon.”

“Yes father” says the boy as he gets to his old oak wood dresser with a broken drawer. He gets on his old wool clothes, his jacket and his hat and runs to the farm land to grab the wooden plow for his father.

“Dad?”

“Yes my boy.”

“How come you won’t get a horse drawn plow?”

“Because boy, do you know how much it costs for those, for a horse, for food for the horse, it’s just too much money and we don’t have money to waste.”

Altur gets to work by plowing the land where the potatoes go then the cabbage and his father brings out the seeds.

“You now boy, someday this will be your farm, then you’ll be deciding what to plant and then you’ll pass it down to your kids and…”

“Dad I don’t want to be a farmer, it’s just too … boring for me. The plants need constant care and the plow is hard to push, even for you.”

“Well boy you’re not joining that military, you’ve been talking about it like locust invasions just happened 2 seconds ago.”

“Dad you should be happy I want to help our city.”

“You are helping the city by giving food from our farms to the military.”

“Yeah, just not in a big way.” He whispered to himself.

One day later the boy runs to a military sign up post.

“So you want to join the army?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well what tells you know that you’re a warrior?”

“I’ve been a farm boy my whole life and I have been helping my dad with the farm since I was five.”

“Okay we will be gathering the next shipment of warriors in three days.”

“Son get over here now!”

“Sorry that’s my dad.”

Altur trudge towards his father with his head staring at the decorative pamphlet with the roman warriors’ dress code.

“Altur... Igus… (Wanttobe) Shalmerizer… what are you doing signing up for this ludicrous idea to go to war in the Middle East!”

“I’m doing what I want to do. You always told me I should fight for what I believe in and I will fight to be in the Roman army, you can’t stop me from doing this. I’m eighteen and I’m allowed to do what I want to do.”

As the reluctant Altur 5 mile walk back home with his insanely mad father he thinks about how he will escape from the house to get to the Army round up in three days.

Over the next couple of days Altur works on the farm and uses all his spare time working on contraptions and secrets exits within the farm and thinking how to distract his parents enough to sneak off the property. He decides to make a distracting with four of their goats. He starts making an arm that when pulled by a string it would open the gate and let the goats out of the4 barn house.

“One more day Altur, he says to himself. One more day until my plan goes to work.”

On the day of Altur’s big escape he starts by watering some of the crops and harvesting some carrots from the family farm. He then starts to plow the bare farm field for new crops and then goes to check on his contraptions.

“Everything is all in order, now just sit and wait until it’s time.”

At six o’clock in the afternoon the boy gets up and starts the big arm in the barn house.

“Well here goes nothing.”

As Altur pulls the cord the giant arm is propelled off its stand into the goat cage and clashed into the door with a gigantic thud.

“Yes” says Altur

“What was that?” said Altur’s mom

“I don’t know honey, Oh no the goats are escaping!”

The boy starts to run with all the might in his legs and jumps over the fence of the barn and makes a run for the main gate right when his father tackles him to the ground.

“So this was your doing eh Altur.”

“Yes father, and I’m going to go and you can’t stop me.”

“Then go.” Says a voice being the two wide-eyed men, you may go If that’s what you want.”

“What are you doing honey, this pest isn’t going anywhere.”

“Look around you, Altur has put his blood, sweat and tears into making these things to go to the gathering tonight, all by himself and almost got away. Imagine if he was captured and did this, he could have survived all by himself.”

Altur’s father start to losen ups his grip on the boy and he starts to realize that his son is a brave, courageous and smart kid.

“Son, do you really want to go join the military?”

“Yes father.”

“Well I guess you showed me that you can handle yourself, then fine you may go.” As the words left his lips there was still hesitation but his mind never reacted.

“Thank you dad, as he walked down the dirt road for the last time being a farm boy. I’ll see you soon”