Article posted September 17, 2012 at 03:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 64

This is my taniwha art,we had to create this art based on the story.We had to use bright and contrasting colours and mix some of them to create a different colour.Then we had to go around the detales with black pastel to make it stand out.

ImageFra.me

T-ortures you, if you disturb him,

A-ny fish he will eat for his dinner,

N-ight time he sleeps in his cave,

I-t's teeth are as sharp as a knife,

W-atch out when he's about,

H-urry up or you'll die,

A-nd becareful he's very sly.

Article posted September 16, 2012 at 07:27 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

I have a imagination coner which I like to make up cool,weird and crazy stories. Like when I imagined a story called Lollie Planet,it's about to girls who were sleeping in one of the girls homes when suddenly they heard a noise that came from outside that sounded like this(KABOOM!). Shocked,the girls went outside to see what had happend! That bit of the story I would describe weird wouldn't you? Another story I made I made up was a story about a flying dictionary,when I couldn't be bothered getting up and getting a dictionary I would just say the word that I needed to look up and it would open up on the page that the word was on for me!

Article posted September 12, 2012 at 01:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

Spongebob is a very fuuny sponge who lives under the sea in a pineapple.He has a very annoying laugh but he doesn't laugh when he's feeling grumpy.Spongebob is very ticklish sponge as well.He has a best friend called Patrick who is very dum!He has another best freind called Squidward,but Squidward hates Spongebob because he's very annoying to him all the time.Spongebob goes to the krustey Krab as well as Squidward.Squidward hates working at the krustey Krab because he has to work as a casheir,as he's doing that Spongebob is singing in the kitchen behind where Squidward works.

Article posted September 12, 2012 at 01:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Blackbeard was the most notorious pirate ever known. Blackbeard was a cruel pirate all he longed was a great big pirate ship and a crew. He had around 14 wives and all the weddings were on the ship. Blackbeard’s real name is Edward Teach but he was preferred to be called Blackbeard. He was born in Bristol England around 1680. Blackbeard went to the Bahamas in 1716 as an understudy of Benjamin Hornigold. After a successful year of studding Blackbeard earned his own French Salver Concord ship as a graduation gift. Blackbeard decided to sail his ship but all he needed was a good crew to keep his ship in good order. So he found a good strong crew and set sail in the direction of the horizon. But half way through his journey Maynard and his navel crew were sent to capture Blackbeard because he had caused some troubles on land. But Blackbeard wasn’t scared so he got his crew to kill some of the week men and Blackbeard would take care of the rest, after the battle Blackbeard had killed 7 of Maynard’s men but he had died because he had got a lot of wounds on his body from gun shots.

Article posted August 29, 2012 at 03:43 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

This is my poster I created with my partner.We had to make a poster based on bike safety and we leart that we had to waer a helmet while riding, don't wear baggy clothes so they don't get caught in your bike chain and make sure your bike is in good order.

ImageFra.me

Article posted August 28, 2012 at 03:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

My picture book reflection:

Bike Safety: To be safe on the roads and my bike I learnt I had to: Stop,look and listen when crossing a road,have no loose or broken spokes and wear helmet while riding on your bike.

Picture Book: I then had to use my understandings of bike safety and write a picture book story that included some aspects of bike safety.

Illustrations: I also had to learn about illustrations – I carried out a survey about illustrations in picture books.

I found out that most picture books have words but some don't and some picture books texts are placed on different places on the page.

I then learnt and practised some techniques for illustrating picture books and included some of these in my picture book such as collage,paper body people.

To make my picture book interactive, I embedded links within my story and finally I entered it into the Feet First competition.

Our school won a Highly Commended Certificate and some picture books for our Digital Journey Picture Book stories.

Article posted June 9, 2012 at 08:50 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

My dad is the best dad in the whole world. He is a very funny person at times but he gets grumpy when I annoy him. But when he annoyes me I just say "hey dad why don't you go for a nice walk in Redwood Forest" (just to get him out of the house for a bit and not that he can annoy me any more). But sometimes he really is a kind and loving dad:)

Article posted June 2, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

The luge is a great place to be because to get up to the luge you get to go in a gondala! As you get up half way in the gondala you get a great veiw of Rotorua. It's so cool going down the luge track because you go so fast you feel like you are going to fall out of the luge cart. But by the time you get to the bottom of the luge track you just feel like you want to go on the luge track and do it again and again and again until you feel sick!

Article posted May 30, 2012 at 02:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

As my step sister, Danielle, is the oldest of my dad’s children, that makes me the youngest of the lot!

She has eyes as blue as the sea, hair as black as black licorise.

Her goal is to qualify for a job which is a spa beautician.

She is kind, pleasant and is a very tall person . She also has a very active and funny personality. Danielle’s hobby is to walk on the beach as well as collecting shells while she is walking on the soft sand. She is crazy when it comes to sweets because she eats them so fast that you can’t possibly see them as she eats the sweets.

Danielle also go married just last year and I had a great time because it was on the beach and the beach is my favourite place to be.

This is my Modigliani Art and my Reflection is below.