Room 6 is a Year 5 school at Lynmore School.

teacher: Vanessa Locke

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 86

CAMP COOKOUT

BY BELLA KIDD

THE DAY FINALLY CAME IT WAS THE YEAR 5’S CAMP COOKOUT!!!EVERYONE WAS EXITED ALL OUR TEACHERS CALLED OUT THE ROLL. THEN WE ALL STARTED TO WALK AND SOON WE WERE AT THE MARAE. WE BEGAN TO WALK TO THE BEAUTIFUL MARAE WHERE WE TOOK OFF OUR SHOES AND RESTED OUT BAGS ON THE WALL. I WAS SO GLAD THAT THE WALK WAS OVER. WE LISTENED TO THE MARAE PEOPLE TALK. THEN THEY DID A SONG AND THEN WE DID OURS.

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 09:51 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

John George Walker

Family

John Walker is a famous New Zealander runner. He was born in 1952 in Papakura. For a while he lived on sheep farm on the south of Auckland.

School Life

John Walker loved Athletics at school and he wanted to become the class champion. He won the big cross country. Throughout school he enjoyed sports and all outdoor activities.

Olympics

John Walker won a lot of gold medals. He was in a lot of running races. He won the 1000 metres. John Walker was offered $200 000 to become professional. He refused because he wanted to keep his amateur status as Olympics world champion holder.

Career

John Walker’s career is running in championships, like running at the pacific conference games in Canada, Columbia and Britain in 1973. He ran one mile in under 4 minutes, a great achievement that only a few people have passed.

By Bella Kidd

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 09:48 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 47