-

This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

by teacher: Jody Ferguson
Blog #6 04/19/12
Blog # 5 04/03/12
Blog #4 04/03/12
Blog # 2 03/16/12
Blog # 3 03/16/12
blog #1 02/29/12

Well, at first when i got the major assignment I was very intimidated . I wasnt really sure how to go about writing it but once i got the hang of it ,it was so easy for me i just started to write down a few things ,next thing i know I was done! I feel like this was the best assignment I've done so far in this class. The one thing i would like to improve on would be expanding my vocabulary, so i can fully explain my thoughts. 

Describe something seemingly unimportant or ridiculous that makes you happy

Something that is seemingly rediculous that makes me happy would be ,comming home from a long day of school and work and still being able to clean my house top to bottom .I love cleaning and when i clean it has to be as perfect and squeeky clean or else im not satisfied .Everyone in my house thinks its so rediculous that if the cleaning is not up to my standards to i WILL change it . So i think its funny that they think its funny that they tease me about it because isn't it a great thing for them to not have to lift a finger LOL. 

The one skill I can continue to practice outside the classroom is thinking about the way and how I use my language. I can practice this by taking a moment and thinking how I can word or write things. I can use different techniques like re-reading texts, reading them outloud or asking someone to read it to me or explain it.. I can practice reading by reading the newspaper regularly , reading a few more books ,explaining ideas and thoughts more clearly by using different wording,thinking through what I would say befor saying it ,makeing sure that what im about to say makes sence and to think of the best way possable to get my point across also to try to not swear as much.

On a daily basis I read everything from signs, newspapers, magazines, instructions for things , I read these texts to become more familiar to my surroundings . If I’m looking for what’s gone on today or what’s to be happening I look to the newspapers if I’m looking to further my knowledge of something I look it up in instructions for things, if I don’t understand the first time I re read , if the second or third time I don’t understand it I get another person to read it to me , then I understand more .

our blog here!

If the internet disappeared tomorrow I wouldn’t panic like others I know ,guaranteed there’s a lot of things that must be done on the internet these days but it wouldn’t be the end of the world .There are books to gain knowledge instead of the internet like people used to do before computers . Yes we are depending too much on internet for information and social interactivity what happened to books and telephone conversations, these days were using our fingers to talk to people and copy and pasting what we want to know instead of using our mouths and brains to communicate and learn.

Since this is my first semester in Adult Education, my first impressions of the school was that it’s a very small. I was happy because I’d be more intimidated that I wouldn’t be able to get the help I needed if it was a huge school. The class rooms are big but the amounts of students are small. I really enjoy the fast pace of the classes I’m taking English grade eleven and Math grade twelve because I won’t get bored of what I’m learning. The work we’ve done so far has been pretty easy for me except for a few assignments, but for the upcoming assignments in English I’m kind of nervous just because we need to do essays, I hate essays there so confusing to me. I am very comfortable already in my classes. I love coming to school because my teachers and classmates are very welcoming and encouraging if I need help no one discriminates against me, they just do what they can to help.

To ensure that I will succeed in my courses I will attend every class ,ask as many questions as needed , finish all assigned work and to do the best of my abilities.