-

This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

by teacher: Jody Ferguson
blog 9 06/19/12
bog 8 06/19/12
blog 7 06/19/12
Blog #2 04/26/12
Assinment 04/12/12
Makes me happy 04/12/12
Laungage 03/22/12
The internet . 03/08/12
First Veiw 02/23/12
My favorite movie 02/16/12

Article posted June 20, 2012 at 02:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

What about the course did you like? What did you hate? What have you gained from this course? What do you wish we would have done more of? Did the course meet your expectations? Most importantly, do you think that you met the goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the course?

I liked the fact hat we got o do lots of group work lots of group talking .i didnt like all the writing tho i felt as if this was a grade 12 ela .i hink that i met my goal somewhat i felt really challanged in this course , his witch made it hard to enjoy doing all my work .

Article posted June 20, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

Today in class we read the article 'The White Screen'. Respond to the statement in this article: "What is not said by the media is as important as what is explicitly articulated." What do you think this means? What is your perspective?

i have not read this article so i am going to do my best to answer his question .i think that his means that what is not said by the media is said in some other way

Article posted June 20, 2012 at 02:25 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

I think that media has a huge effect on everyones personal identity.to be cool now a days you have o wear name brand stuff .Brand names are worn for mainly social acceptance and popularity. Media is in everyday life so there is no way of avoiding it. You see it on the sides of city buses,bus sop benches,tv and on doors of bathroom stalls,you name it and media advertising has used it. i think that it hurts everyone equally. everyone is at risk from it .

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 06:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

Well for me i read lots of text messages and i also read Facebook and twitter a couple times a day . when I'm at work i read the Winnipeg free press and the Winnipeg sun . i read Facebook and twitter to keep up with my friends and the people that i talk to . i read the paper too keep up with the news and to no what is going on in the city i also read my horoscope for some odd reason i believe in them . i don't read books i think i have read only one book and it was for school . i don't like to read big books i don't have that kind of interest in them . Other then that the only other time i read is in class and even then it hard .

At first i was going to write about a quote that you gave us and after thinking of everything i decided to change my quote to the one that i have tattooed on me and that was alot easier to wrie about . it took me a long time to write this one and i hope i did well . i think that i did pretty good on it but i could have used some bigger words :P i went threw this one like 10 times to make sure everything was the best that i could put it and over all i thing i did pretty good , but i guess i will see when i get my marks back !! :)

Something ridiculous that makes me happy is getting tattos. It makes me happy because I love the way they look. I like the way that you can get wheatever you want and to you it means so much . my last tatto is so far my fav . i wouldnt be suprized if my whole body is covered by the time im 30 :P i used to love pericing but grew out of that.

Thinking about the way I use language is one way in which i can continue to practice outside of the classroom . So when im about to text someone or facebook someone I can think of better ways to write my words. I can start to think of bigger better names and way to write . Looking at my words to make sure that they are spelt the right way is another way to improve.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 05:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

If the internet were to dissapear tommorrow i do not know what i would do, so much of my time is used on the internet . I use the internet for everything and most of all to keep in touch with all or my friends . Yes i am very dependent on the internet i think. its the first thing i do when i get up when im bored and when im about to go to sleep it has become a big part in my life. The internet has a big effect on the world today. Everyone that i no uses it and it al;ways on it . Texting is the next big thing . The internet has become so big i rememeber when i was younger the internet was a alright thing but now people that ar 8 years old and older no how to use it back then i barley knew what texting was. The world has chqanged so much its crazy !

My first impression of the call was good. I felt a good vibe when i walked into the classroom on the first day . The classmates all looked friendly, room was big . The teacher seemed very nice and I was happy that i had a younger teacher . The work that we have doneso far has been pretty good, its more of a review then work right now tho. I like the short stories, its somthing that i can work on all the time. I still need to get preactis with the plot, climax and all that still but ill get it sooner or later. Everything seems good about this class, and the out line looks pretty great aswell. This semester to ensure that i succeed as an adult student im going to do my best to come to every single class and if i miss a class im going to make sure that i come and get the homework that was missed or get a friend to grab it. Im going to make sure that i try my harddest to do my work to the best of my abbility. Im also going to study when i need to. Im not going to let my self fall behind. Im going to make sure i do all the work that i need to do and in the best way that i can .

My favorite movie is The Vow , It is a good movie because its based on a true story and the all play there parts very well. It is a very touching movie .