This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

06/07/12
05/10/12
04/27/12
04/12/12
03/23/12
03/23/12
03/20/12
03/20/12
03/20/12

Article posted May 3, 2012 at 07:05 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 69

Something unemportant and ridiculous that makes me happy is playing video games which doesn't help me at all though i still enjoy playing them. Sometimes i will go home and just wanna play some Tiger Wood's Golf  or NHL12 because i'm more of a sports guy. Playing NHL 12 and being a GM so i can run my own team. And i just want to get better. I like going out and doing things with friends but sometime's we will just all stay home and game it. so awesome.

There is one ridiculous thing that I do is phone people when I know they’re at work or some where they can’t answer their phone. That thing is to leave ridiculous voice messages on their voice mail. I don’t know why I do it but I get a laugh over it. There have even been a few times were I had to call them back a couple times because I ran out of messaging  time. I would describe some but I think they are a little to vulgar unless I could put an R rating on this blog.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 05:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Something seemingly unimportant that makes me happy is buying quality produce. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I just cannot buy produce if it is in poor shape.

When I lived in British Columbia we always seemed to get the best and freshest fruits and vegetables from the Farmers' Market. However, when I moved back to Winnipeg I noticed the produce here is somewhat inferior due to all the shipping it has to go through. So now when I do my shopping in Winnipeg sometimes I will go to two different grocery stores and buy the best produce from both. I don't know why, but I get great satisfaction from this,knowing my meals have good quality ingredients.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:26 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 56

Something ridiculous I do that makes me happy is getting piercings. It makes me happy because they dont really hurt me and i love the way they look. i get really bored of the piercings i have then get another one, i was gonna get another one but instead i got my whole side tattooed which now is another ridiculous thing that makes me happy!

Something ridiculous that makes me happy is getting tattos. It makes me happy because I love the way they look. I like the way that you can get wheatever you want and to you it means so much . my last tatto is so far my fav . i wouldnt be suprized if my whole body is covered by the time im 30 :P i used to love pericing but grew out of that.

Describe something seemingly unimportant or ridiculous that makes you happy.

when I work at subway I really want to gain more hours that I love to work anytime even I'm not available.I even can't say no to anyone that's my personality.My friends think this is ridiculous that makes me happy. But for me it does makes me happy. The most impotrant things makes me happy when I finish my homework and hand in. The other thing that doesn't make me happy when I'm not finish my homework and their is lot of homework need to finish. My opinion is that is to try your best to finish my homework as possible you can.

Article posted March 26, 2012 at 05:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

I would have to say tattoos make me happy! Most of the process, except for the healing/itchy stage. Even though they are painful most of the time, I absolutely LOVE the outcome and how beautiful they look. I love that you have a piece of art on your body that will be there forever. Also, the guy that does them for me is an amazing artist and awesome person to talk and hang out with while im getting the tattoo done as well. I've already had my next three planned out for about two years now. Something else would be makeup! It really makes me happy, I have always wanted to be a makeup artist so im sure that has something to do with it, but I am a total addict to M-A-C cosmetics. I could spend hours inside the store looking at and trying on makeup. I absolutely love doing makeup for myself and a friend/s for a night out as well. Just seeing how it makes them feel, and how much more confidence they have when im finished there makeup is awesome!!

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 03:37 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

Some of the minor and ridiculous things that makes me laugh is when you have a conversation with your friends and suddenly he said something that has nothing to do with the conversation you were having. it's so hilarious! Another thing that makes me laugh is when you are in the bus and somebody is listening to music and suddenly they start to sing outloud, thinking he is singing to himselfand he doesn't know the rest of the people around him are watching and listening to him. It is more funny when the person who is singing doesn't know the lyrics of the song. When I watch comedy movies I laugh a lot! Sometimes I cry because i can't hold it.

Describe something seemingly unimportant or ridiculous that makes you happy

Something that is seemingly rediculous that makes me happy would be ,comming home from a long day of school and work and still being able to clean my house top to bottom .I love cleaning and when i clean it has to be as perfect and squeeky clean or else im not satisfied .Everyone in my house thinks its so rediculous that if the cleaning is not up to my standards to i WILL change it . So i think its funny that they think its funny that they tease me about it because isn't it a great thing for them to not have to lift a finger LOL. 

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:39 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

something seemingly unimportant that makes me happy are comedy movies. When I watch comedy movies I laugh alot and it takes me away from my other state of mind, and they just generally make me happy and laugh alot. Another thing that makes me happy are video games. When I play video games they take my mind away from everything else especially when they are good you can play them for the whole day or a whole bunch of hours and just have a good time playing them. I can just focus on what im playing and that puts me in a good mood but sometimes I get mad when I play them and it'll put me in a bad mood and I'll have to leave and stop playing the game for a while but when I get back I'm usually fine. those are two things that make me happy from time to time.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 04:14 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

There is a lot of unimportant things that make me happy. For exanple, me and my wife like making up different dialogues for the actors during the movie scene . but only when its a bad movie , so for me im making fun of all of her girlie flicks :)If you are a girl you would hate to watch the Notebook with me! I like to dress like if i was still in the old country (sometimes) Im slowly getting into jeans :< . I cant mention my family and friends ( especially dogs ) because they are all important, so that leaves my MUSIC. Its unimportant to anyone else but me. My music can piss people off so much . But i dont care its got so much meaning to me and unimportant to you.In the begenning of my day i like listening to my sweet lord by Gerge Hrrison. that makes me happy.

Article posted April 3, 2012 at 06:50 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Something seemingly unimportant that I like to do is wath funny videos on youtube or other onlinevwebsites where people get pranked. I like doing this because it's comical and entertaining.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 36

Well, watching movies is not important in my opinion, but it makes me happy. Sometimes I waste my time to watch movie, instead of doing an important things, like reading, doing my assignments or something about my personal life. When I get bored I watch movie, and after I finish watching it, I feel good, fresh and happy. Sometimes I ask myself “why do I waste my time”?, the first answer that comes to my mind is “it makes me happy”. Even though watching movies seems to me insignificant, it makes me happy especially whenever I watch a nice movie. It really makes me happy.

I actually can think of a few things that are ridiculous, and make me happy at the same time. For example, I hate waking up early in the morning when i have no reason to, but at the same time i love it! Just the feeling of waking up in the nice crisp morning when the sun is coming up, drinking coffee and just enjoying nice quiet time to myself. One thing that is kind of ridiculous that makes me happy is watching my dogs be super silly and play tug-a-war, they love it and watching them is comforting to me. Sitting here i can think of something else .. I looove my tim hortons mug at home for coffee, and every morning i will pick that specific cup, never another one; which is pretty ridiculous but it makes me happy :) 

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 01:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 43

Something that makes me happy  is when it is really rainy or snowy outside and some people either don't have a umbrella or they slip. And this all hapens  when I am inside watching. It makes  me happy because I love that I am inside and not outside when the weather is not that great.  Another thing that makes me happy is to sit down and watch a comedy film. It makes me happy because in the films the actors do silly things that make me laugh.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:31 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

OMG, I have no idea where to start! I guess you can say that living a good life is someplace to start. I know from experience that being challenged with one affliction or another changes the way we view our everyday life. Take for instance the mentally challenged. What might seem to bring us happiness may bring them horrors and vice-versa. We tend to take life too seriously and need to take a moment and sit back and enjoy all the little things that life offers. Enjoy these and life can be very rewarding.

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:52 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

It makes me happy that chelsey found her cell phone its really not that important to me but to her a different story. Its rediculous that she looked and looked for it for two days but found it in the house. ha ha! Better put it on a leash chelsey! makes me happy any way.

I Love to been funny with my friends and family,the ridiculous thing that i do is talking like differents characters with my boys and husband I do differntes sounds with my little one at the point that my little one had detention at school for making funny voices like a character from Lord of the Ring (smeagol) this is the funny or ridiculous things that makes me happy to do with my little one .

Article posted March 22, 2012 at 02:40 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 46

I find ridiculous and unimportant things like certain shows or movies to make me happy.

Shows like Big Bang Theory or the movie Grandmas boy are not an important thing but are ridiculously funny.So i'd say that those are the things that i find unimportant and ridiculous that make me happy.

Well i would have to say something that makes me happy thats ridiculous is i am a huge ufc fan.I have been for years.And for the last year my son has been into it to wich is good even though it is pretty violent.so anyways the ridiculus part is we wrestle alot and i have teached him some moves.So once in a while i will get him in a rear naked choke not hard or anything but he taps out.It is the cutest thing you would ever see and it makes me smile wide.But a lot of people disagree with me letting him watch it. But screw them lol.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 05:10 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

Something that makes me laugh.

Is when people are having a conversation with themselves i find it very funny. I also laugh when it’s raining outside and the cars or bus splashes the people walking on the side walk. Funny movies with Jack Black and Jim Cary and many others make me laugh. My dogs they are so funny I have a Border Collie (Spotty)big dog and miniature Poodle-Maltese (Daisy) when we throw the ball she thinks she can outrun spotty its very funny to watch them together. Also in the mornings when we take breaks from English class, we girls have our girly talks and Marlon what a brave guy sits there and puts up with us. It’s very funny
:)

My family, friends, and school; although these are very important to me! Fruity teas, and chocolate. Romance movies and Family movies; I picked these two because I love watching movies. Different kinds of shows; I collect shows on dvd. Sleepovers with friends; because I like spending time with my friends. Cooking; because I like trying different things with food. Sushi; because it’s so good and my sisters got me into it! Certain polish food my mom cooks, slurpees on a hot summer day, cats/kittens. My sister Justyna's puppy Ruby; because she gets so excited when she sees me and does funny cute little things. There are others, but I’d be going on and on!