This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

Blog#8 06/18/12
Blog#7 05/16/12
Blog#6 05/16/12
Blog#4 04/09/12
Blog #5 04/09/12
Short story 03/19/12
My first impression of this class. 03/05/12
My favourite movie. 02/22/12

I prefer to read fiction. I mainly read biographies or stories about real people. I enjoy narrative texts or stream of consciousness/first person. I am currently reading a book about Keith Richards

Yes I do like to read books with a story line especialy ones with adramatic plot

to the story. I like reading books on Vietnam. i have read books such as old yeller.

I also like reading books on science fiction. i especialy like reading about

Actual events with a twist. Because it adds more excitement to the storyline

.

Article posted March 12, 2012 at 03:28 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

Sometimes I like text with a lot of description, it depends on who the writer is and what the text is about. I like it if poetic language is being used but like sraight to the point stories to.I like mystery books, fiction, but like real life stories to. I usually look for certain authors. I like a variety of text as long as the writer makes them interesting.

The author describes the characters for the things the characters do and what action happens. For the text that the author writes.  The setting of character that the writer explains about the setting where things take place.  For where the events take place, it can lead to where things happen to the characters where action and things that can happens to people in the story.  For the things that are puts in the storey talks about the people speak with commutating to one another where it will lead to the thing will happen good or bad in the texts of the story that the author puts.     

Article posted March 19, 2012 at 05:07 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 32

When reading I enjoy a lot of description. Description gives me a picture of what I’m reading and it keeps me interested. There are days when I enjoy straight to the point style of writing, but there are the days when I like the poetic style. Straight to the point style of writing is good for following instructions and while poetic writing is good for storytelling. I like to read informational and science fiction type genres. Informational writing is an excellent way to keep informed on new topic happenings or just learning something new. Science fiction gives me something to look forward to in the future. There are no certain topics that I look for, but It should catch my eye. I love to read fiction, but I do like to read non- fiction at times.