This is a space for adult students of grade 10, 11 and 12 English Language Arts to communicate about what and how they are learning, both in and out of class.

teacher: Jody Ferguson

last blog 06/13/12
blog 7 06/06/12
blog 5 04/09/12
blog 4 04/09/12
blog 3 04/09/12
short stories 04/09/12
test blog 02/22/12

Article posted June 13, 2012 at 04:48 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 63

when i first came into this class i figured id fail right off the bat, i thought to myself the teatcher will be mean and my classmates wont want anything to do with me....i was wrong. jody has been the best teatcher ive ever had i was actualy excited to finish assignments and for the first time in a long time i felt proud of myself. Then theirs kelvin he made me want to come to class, weve only talked a few times but i felt like i made a friend. the worst part about my time enrolled in this school were the times i couldnt make it to class, walking in late never felt too good either but i just told myself its better to be here late then to not be here at all. i had no goals set for myself coming into this class though i feel pretty happy with what i have completed. i wish i didnt miss anyclasses, now that were almost at the end of this im gonna miss everybody. i hope you all had a good time in here and i hope you all have a good summer.

for this assignment i chose the ninny and lather and nothing else. I am currently on part b. I found the easiest part of this assignment was making the connections between the two stories , i went about this by reading both stories numerous times while taking notes. at first i was descouraged thinking to myself i have nothing, but each time i would read these stories id find another thing in common. After gathering a decent amount of information on each story (information that ties the two together) i began step three of part B while taking step 1 into consideration step 2 wasnt working for me at all and i am currently struggling with the remander of this assignment.

The story I chose for this blog assignment is the ninny. In the short story the ninny the governess (Yulia Vasilyevna) is called into the study of her employer (a nameless character) while in the study her employer continuously docks pay off her pay check. Yulia becomes increasingly upset though says nothing to defend these false allegations. At the end of the story Yulias employer gets upset with her for not standing up for herself calling her “spineless and a ninny”. He ends up paying her in full thinking to himself how easy it is in this world to be strong as she left the study. in this story there are two different themes depending on how you look at the end of the story. The first way of looking at it is that the theme is you should always stand up for yourself a positive theme if you will. The other way of looking at it is the theme of the story is how easy it is to manipulate another person more of a negative theme though both are correct.

Conflict is very essential to most stories. It can turn a character into a hero it can even remove a character from a story. Without conflict most stories would be dull or just too happy, don’t get me wrong being happy is all good in actuality but in a story you want a little fire.

I prefer to read fiction. I mainly read biographies or stories about real people. I enjoy narrative texts or stream of consciousness/first person. I am currently reading a book about Keith Richards

Storys can be written either by using life experiences or by using creativity. When I write a story ill use mainly fiction, though I will threw in pieces of reality that way you can write something you may not want being connected to you. The reader will not know what is about you and what isn’t because one piece of reality is surrounded by all this fiction. It’s a good way of getting things off your mind I mean for example maybe you got fired in your story you can write about your character getting fired and then getting an even better job or becoming a hero of some sort. Even though this will not give you your job back it’s a way of turning a negative into a positive. Writing for me is just a way of tidying up my thoughts seeing as I am very forgetful it’s nice to look back on things I thought about in the past.

Article posted February 22, 2012 at 05:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

my favourite movies prolly the Big labowski, the cast of dysfunctional characters makes me feel right at home and in my opinion is a movie worthy of its cult following.