Copyright (c) 2014 by KK Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KK -- Blogmeister

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by KK

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Hopes and dreams for the school year

by Katasia Khabeer

one of my hopes was to read at least 10 books this year. to help my help my hope I picked books that really interest me. And try to read a book a week and It is really important to pick a book you like because if you pick a book that your friend has that really does not really look interesting to you are goanna find yourself wondering over it forever.

One of my dreams is my middle school to be really good at spelling and defying really big words because it is important to have a big vocabulary.

Another hope I had this year to be really good at my cursive writing and I got really good by practicing at my old school I had to writ everything in cursive but sometimes it’s good to have a break because it really makes your hands tired.

Another dream was to have lots of fun learning and experimenting with science math and art etc. and to have a good school year with all my

friends.

And that’s my hopes and dreams.

Dear Schools of Duluth,

I think that school lunch in should have a bigger group of food from students to pick from. Because if that day the school did not order any extra foods like any cold lunches the student is less likely to get all the sources of nutrition that a growing body needs. Also if engages any after school program. They will be more likely to get hungry and not want to engage in the activity. If a student does not like the lunch they have they will probably not eat it and be very hungry. If they get home and are not able to make a snack and have to wait tell dinner. The child can get stomach pains. And that can be a problem for the school district. I think that the school should always have a second lunch because student will need there nutrients.

Sincerely,

Katasia