Copyright (c) 2014 by Smiley101 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Smiley101 -- Blogmeister

Watchamelcalemet!

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by Smiley101 teacher: Rob Jacklin

JA Biztown is short for Junior Achievement Biztown. During school for about 6 weeks every Thursday we had JA class. In class, we learned how to write checks and cash registers. We also learned how to use a Debit Card. (This scared my mom a little.) After those 6 weeks (And after Spring Break!) we went to the Junior Achievement place about 15 minutes from school. My mom was a Bank Teller, so she drove me there as well. At school, we filled out job applications, my first choice was the DJ of the Radio Station, my second was the CEO of the Radio Station (Which was my final job) Then, my last choice the CEO of the Bank. I loved my job, every part of it. Well, I didn't exactly like having to sign all the checks... But still it was AWESOME! (By the end of the day, I thought my hand was going to fall off) We each had 2 breaks- The first 20 minutes, the second break 30 minutes because we had to eat lunch AND spend all of our money. The breaks were divided into 3 groups; Red, Yellow, Green. There was a Traffic light telling us when our break was. I made a Build-A-Bear, got a lanyard made with my picture of me on it, and bought a soda and a cookie. (I still had about $5 left in my account… Woops) I gave a speech at the opening Town Meeting, I REALLLY messed up! After my first break, they kind of ran out of stuff for me to do. I got bored. Really bored so I started answering the constantly ringing phone where I took song requests, everyone wanted to hear the song “We are Family” it got really annoying. But, half of the time it was the TV station; KPLR 11 telling us to turn off the music so they could do another ad. It. Got. Really. Old. Poor Payton- She NEVER got to go on air and when she did nobody could hear her. When my CFO- Jessica was on break, I got something to do. I worked on the computer for about 15 minnutes, then had to sign more checks. Again. Most of the day was like this. My only real problem with JA Biztown was 1) My foot fell asleep during all the meetings and 2) I didn't get to eat lunch. Other than that, I had a GREAT time!  If anyone ever questions going there, GO! It rocks! (Just bring a small lunch) I would give this field trip to JA Biztown 5 Stars- It was ALWAYS active, eviciting in SO many ways, and so much more!

What does "Viral" mean? Well, it means that a video got a lot of views. But, it also means a virus from outside/nature. But, in this case we will be thinking about the 1st one, a video or movie getting a lot of views. But, the thing is, most people don't mean to go viral, it just happens. For example, some guy took a video of a double rainbow. It had gotton a couple hundred hits, ok. Then, some famous person viewed it and ba bam! It went viral in hours! People watched only because this famous person did. I think, that instead of watching some double rainbow video, we should mane a video to help people in this country that had lost their jobs due to the economy. This video would help people and well, make our world just a little better. I really think we should make a video so that everyone knows about Jesus! So, be happy with your life! And have fun!

Did you know that if everyone in this school donated just one dollar, we would end up with about $450. That's a lot of money! But think. If everyone in the school donated just one little dollar, we would have a ton of money. (And a lot of one dollar bills) That's a big difference. But, easy to accomplish if we all work together. Another example- All 1,000 kids at Culver Accadmey bring in just 2 dollars. That's easliy 2,000 dollars. Again, a lot of money (and one dollar bills) but at the same time it's not. To every person, that's a little bit of money that they bring to camp. Two dollars each person result in a lot of money! So don't forget; Little Things Make A Big Difference. 

My TRUE love, that's hard- NOT! Obviously, my true love is horses! It all started when I was 2 months old and my Grandma gave me a rocking horse. (When I was four I decided to give it a haircut, thinking the hair would grow back) that I was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED OF. Then, about four months later, my parents and I took a trip to Hawaii. There, we went on a helicopter, went swimming, went to the park, but then, the best part of the WHOLE trip... We went to the stables. We were there for some reason I don't remember. But, that day started it all. My parents well, they thought I would look at them for two minutes (Which DID work like that, but...) I STILL remember the bays, Thoroughbreds, Aribans, oh, and the miniature ponies. After that, I loved anything to do with horses. The rocking horse, movies, Stuffed animals that where horses,and so on. Then, skip a few years, 2008 and I did a riding camp. And I loved it SO Much, I started riding lessons, once a week, then I advanced and went on to jumping. And that's my story. So far.

I just watched an awesome video. It was a magician and he did his tricks with a digital screen. I think it was cool, but I do know that he did something that made it that way!His drawings actually turned into an interactive cartoon! But, I do know that in some way this magician was lying. My opinion of this video is a 5 out of 10. (1 being I really didn't like it 10 being it was awesome!) I liked it because it was really cool and it did look like magic. But, I didn't like it because I know the guy is lying. First, I know magic isn't real and second, I think it is kind of mean that the guy is lying when there could be kids in the aduinace tat believe that what he is doing is real. Also, he is making money doing this; I don't think he should be making money at all, if he did earn any he should either donate the money to a good need or not charge to much. Here are the videos links....

http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_magic_of_truth_and_lies_on_ipods.html

http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_augment--ed_reality_of_techno_magic.html

Hi! My screen name is Smiley101. I love horses, play soccer in the fall, I love going to Culver Academy, I love smiley faces, I would doe without sweets, I like the number 101, I am a really bad artist, I like the book series Canterwood Crest, I have braces, I have five cats, I will shop till I drop, I ride/jump horses,I read tons of books, and last but not least at all; I Believe in God! My Values; Horses, Friends, GOD, Cats, Books, my iPod touch, and Shopping!

JA Biztown- HUH? 04/13/12
Viral? 03/16/12
The Little Things... 02/24/12
My True Love...... 02/23/12
02/23/12
Video 02/17/12