Copyright (c) 2014 by Kristina J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Kristina J -- Blogmeister

EnJoYiNg LOL's , BFF's & wacky books!:]!-

World Time - Drag your mouse to see the time in other places. In Area 7 we like to give everything a go especially new ideas that might look difficult at first.We are using this blog to publish some of our writing, to post from home and to record some of our learning at school. We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Kristina J teacher: Jane Lowe

Article posted November 21, 2012 at 08:58 AM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 84

We finaly completed the GCC I was actually sad since I really really enjoyed it! The class reached location 61 Lake Sagami-ko in Japan. I think if we tried to get the average of over 20 thousand during the first week then we would finish at location 77 Antartica the finish point but now we no for next time! my highest step I reached was 45 thousand from doing a lot of hiking during the holidays! our lowest average as a class was 10400 on day 1 and our highest was 44029 day 50 which was a coincedence since we got the highest on our last day!

I hope we do the GCC next year!

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Article posted November 20, 2012 at 07:42 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 38

On another exciting friday afternoon we cooked chickpeas with our buddies or should I say we barbecued them. Couple of mums came along to help to barbecue the chcickpeas. We used the chickpeas that we plaanted in our garden. We each got divided into 3 groups. One group at a time could go so that it would be so crowded since we have a fairly small garden.

We learned from Dwaji's mum [Dwaji is a student in our buddy class.] that how you can tell the size of chickpeas buy its look. While the chickpeas were cooking we got to try two indian currys with chickpeas in them.

When the chickpeas were cooked we each got to try atleast 5.

After a great early lunch/snack there still was another suprise a journilst came to take photos of us and publish in the farmers edition! unfortunetly I could not be in the paper:[

But this was one of our best friday afternoons with our buddies!

Article posted November 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 35

On a friday we got together with our Buddies. We had to explain how we planted our plants and how we took care of them. I Told my buddy Jemimah that we have someone that waters the plants every day. I showed the batch of chickpeas that wern't bacteried and compared with the ones that were bacteried. I also showed her the other plants other classes have planted.

Article posted November 3, 2012 at 09:48 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 39

Today (the 3rd november) Oberthur Primary participated in events in the Canning Show. First The stingendo performed 3 pieces followed by the ensemble,solo pieces,Chinese dancers then the choir. The audience loved our outstanding perfomances. After we had finished perfoming a magic show occured then a Sci tech show was held. There was fun shows and activities to enjoy thoughout the whole day. My brother and I went on 3 rides and entered so many competitions. We won 4 toys and heaps of lollies. At around 1pm we headed our way to have corndogs and fries. While we were eating we watched a puppet show and an experiment show. At 2:30pm we made our way home.

The Canning Show was so fun! I can't wait till I go to another show like the Canning one!

Article posted November 3, 2012 at 05:57 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 45

On 28th october our class and the other year 5 class went to Tranby house and the East Perth Cemetery. The bus dropped our class at Traby House and was taking the other class to the Cemetery. At Tranby two laidies Mora and Merresa were our tour guides and told about the early English came to devolop Swan River in Perth. They also told us about Captain Sterling who came first to discover Swan River and how other British came. They also told us about one family in petecular, the Hardey family. The Hardey family came by ship with Captain Sterling and they built Tranby House they named the House Tranby after the ship they came on. After Mora and Merresa gave some information on the Hardeys we were put in groups of two. I was in Mora's group. Mora Showed us all around the house.

The Hardeys house

those were only 3 pictures of the house.

All the Furniture in the house was original.

The Hardey Family had 7 members Joseph Hardey the Father Anne Hardey the mother and 5 children I can't remember they're names. The Children and the servents had to sleep in the attic. Mr and Mrs Hardey slept in the room (first picture.)

After a tour around the house it was lunch time. At lunchtime the other class joined us. Then we were of to the cemetery while the other class was about to tour the Tranby House.

When we arrived our tour guide was waiting ready to star the tour (our tour guide was named Kim)Kim put us in small groups. I was in Mrs Khor's group. We visited heaps of grave stones and memorial stones.

The Hardey family grave.

Kim explained about the people burried and how they use to live. we visited St. Bartholomew's chapel which was inside the cemetery. we also saw a grave of a baby that died one day after birth. we had a challenge to find graves of convicts, graves of babies and graves that were made of wood. We also had a map of graves we needed to visit. All the groups were given more information on families that were buried. we had to answer questions that were given about the graves.

That would conclude My trip to Tranby House and East Perth Cemetery.

Article posted October 19, 2012 at 03:57 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 37

In term 4 we have been participating in the Global Children’s challenge. You receive a pedometer and a step count book. In your step count book you write down how many steps you do and reset it everyday 9.00am. There is a website were your class enters there average steps everyday and then see what destination they’re at. There a 60 destinations and so far our class our up to our 17th one( we are at Egypt). Today its the day where all the schools that are participating have to try to reach more than 32000 steps. It is a real challenge for me! If you do more than 32000 steps you get a certificate. My highest steps I have done Would be 25658. So far I’m enjoying the challenge and I can’t wait till we reach our final destination!

Article posted October 19, 2012 at 03:41 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 37

Friday 19th of October Mrs David came to visit our class and talked to us about her trip to Papua New Guinea early in august. Mrs David is a midwife and went to Papua New Guinea to teach the women about pregnancy and child care. Mrs David went with her friend who is a nurse and Mr Bullard. The three of them flu to Cairns and took a one and a half hour flight. Then they took a 3 hour drive to a lake then a 5 hour boat ride to Lake Sepek. Lake Sepek is one of the worlds biggest lakes. Next they stopped at couple more lakes. When they reached the village everyone welcomed them with songs and dances.There house was made of sticks to hold the house (to prevent the house getting damaged by floods.) The roofs were made out of dried palm leaves. The toilets were made out of sticks and straw. The toilets had to be 20 meters away from the village and river. The next day Mrs David taught the women from all the villages about basic things to look after there child and how to keep healthy so you don’t get infections. Mrs David showed some sad pictures of children with diseases and who were sick. She also showed us a baby who was really skinny and told us that the baby’s mother didn’t have enough milk so she had to give the baby to someone else. Mrs David gave the women kits including a pair of gloves,soap,a blade,plastic & string. And then Mrs David let us make the kit and we also made posters. It was a great experience listening how Mrs David helped the people in Papua New Guinea.

Article posted October 3, 2012 at 06:15 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 36

It was time for us to check our plants we planted. I was sick that day so I could not plant them. Mrs Coleman digged up two of the lentil plants.The first one she picked was the one that was bacteried so that was more healthier than the other one Mrs Coleman digged out (was not bacteried) Then she showed us us things that had grown on the roots of the plant.

It was really cool because we learnt so much from Mrs Coleman.

Article posted August 13, 2012 at 01:50 PM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 34

We started from Perth on the 31st of July stop over at Kuala lumpur (Malaysia), and then to South of India.The state is called Kerala where my maternal Grandparents live. Kerala An equable climate. A long shoreline with serene beaches. Tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters. Lush hill stations and exotic wildlife. Waterfalls. Sprawling plantations and paddy fields. Ayurvedic (herbal medicines) health holidays. Enchanting art forms. Magical festivals. Historic and cultural monuments. An exotic cuisine. Kerala is the only state in India with hundred percent literacy. We reached at night where my grandpa and my mums cousin came to pick us. When we reached our house my grandma laid banana fritters and sweet, soft bread on the dinner table (obviously she knew we were hungary)

After that we rushed to our rooms for a good night sleep.

The next morning we woke up at around 7:30. On the table our breakfast was ready. We had dosa which is a traditional Indian food served with sambar and chutneys.

After having a delicious breakfast we all got dressed to go to the City Center. City Center is a huge mall in Kerala and is known to sell the best materials in the whole of India.(silk, cotton ext.... ). We went to the City Center to buy clothes and shoes. We got heaps of traditional outfits and normal daily wear. We went to lots of shops to buy accessories. After shopping we headed back home. It was lunch time we headed back home were my grandma prepared chicken biryani

It was really spicy!

After a yummy lunch we all took a nap.

At 2:30 we all started to wake up. We decided to play Carom board.

here are 19 pieces arranged on the board--9 black pieces and 9 white plus a red piece--the queen--which is placed in the center of the arrangement. A piece called the "striker" is used by each player to try to sink his own colored pieces into the corner pockets opposite him. Choose to aim for obvious shots to gain points early in the game and leave difficult shots for last. Leave your pieces surrounding the queen to guard her from your opponent.

My grandpa came first then my mum and brother than me than my grandma. We played two games in the second game my grandpa came first then me then my grandma then my mum and brother. At 3:45 we finished. My brother and I watched t.v. We watched the olympics for a while, then cartoons. At 7:30 we had dinner. on he 4th of august we had to attend my mums cousins wedding.We had to leave one day before. We travelled on a train for 3 hours. We reached the same day. We lived in the brides house (my mums cousin). The next morning it was the wedding and everyone was getting dressed to head for the church. The church was a bit far so we travelled by car. The ceremony had had started. After the ceremony had finished every rushed to the hall.The food was spicy but it was really yummy!

On the 18th of august we had to leave for New Delhi were my dads family lived.We lived in Delhi for 7 days. We landed at Delhi Airport at 11pm and then we reached my paternal grandparents house at 12 mid night in the morning!. I was so tired,straight away I rushed to our room and went to sleep. The next morning at 10am we went to a huge mall to buy more clothes,house ware needs and gifts for all our friends ( in India if you give a gift to the peoples house your in, you show respect. The gift is normally food items. ) Then the next day we went to my aunties friends house. On the third day we went to Splash. Splash is one of Delhi’s biggest water/theme park. From our house it was a 1 and half hour drive. My aunty hired a big car. Elyse came with us. (Elyse is a lady that lives in one of our my aunties flats. Elyse is from South Africa and has lived in Delhi for 7 years. Elyse teaches maths and i.t to 17 girls who live in an orphanage.) When we finally reached Splash we got dressed and were off to the water slides.

Going to Splash and attending a wedding was two main things events that happened in my holiday. On the other days we went to our relatives house'

or just stayed at home.

India was so much fun! I can't waiat till I go next year!

Article posted August 13, 2012 at 02:18 AM GMT+9 • comment • Reads 34

On the 29th of june 2012 Obethur Primary had an school disco. It started from 6:30pm and was supposed to end at 8:30pm but instead 9:10pm!.

I arrived there at approx 6:35. when I entered I gave my ticket and my brothers, the ladys said I could choose 4 glowstick colours since my brother was sick, I choose purple,2 greens,and yellow I thought I would give my bother one green and yellow and for me purple and green. Then I headed for the spot my friends arranged at recess because there would be a big crowd! I thought they would be waiting for me but instead it looked like I was first so I ended waiting for them. In 5 minutes my friends arrived. We slowly started getting to action then we danced and danced. After 20min Mr J our DJ also known as our sports teacher/class teacher announced that we will play a game.The game was where if you put your hands on your head that would be the song Party rock if you chose to put your hands on your bottom that would be one direction and if you chose to put your hands on hips that would be whistle so the DJ gave us time to chose to put our hands on our head,bottom or hips then he played either party rock,one direction, or whistle if he played whistle for example and your hands were on your hips you were not out and so on I was in for a very long time but then I got out. After that game we had a dance off. There was spot prizes which were freddo chocolates. If you danced well you would get one well a parent would throw it at you. Also parents were throwing it randomly so if you caught it, it is yours. I didn't get one, most of the tall peoples did (which was mostly the year 7's and 6's). The dance comp was a blast! I had around 5 cups of water! We had 30 more minutes left so all of us danced. Someone started a congo line, I joined on more than half the kids in the undercover area did. My mum came to pick me up. When I was going one lady gave me a pack of chips and a drink. When I got home my brother was waiting for me, I gave him all my glow sticks and the chip pack and the drink. My dad came back from work and bought us Dommion's pizza. That was delicious!

I really enjoyed the diso I can't wait till we have the next one!

My name's Kristina my friends prefer to call me Krissy and I don't mind.My favourite sport is gymnastics and I like to go swimming and play netball. I have one brother named Kevin he's cute but annoying. My favourite day of the week is fridays because I can stay up late. This is my voki click the play button and turn on your volume!