Revival

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

teacher: Brian McLaughlin

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration  (NHTSA), "over 3,000 people in the U.S. were killed in distraction-related accidents last year." Many states have passed laws against the use of cell phones, and as a result have reduced the number of accident related fatalities. However with the restriction of phone use, more innovations have been made to incorporate internet capabilities in cars. Ford and other automobile corporations have continued to produce new voice activated and touch screen systems on the car dashboard. The NHTSA feels that these systems should be limited and follow certain guidelines to ensure drivers' safety. A major concern is that new automotive systems will cause further distraction-related accidents.

Next year I will be able to start driving, and laws concerned with driver's safety are very important to me. I am in support of the ban on cell phones, but I am not the type of person who would abuse new automotive  technology and endanger the lives of others. I feel people should have access to any amenities available in a care, but must use them responsibly.

Quain, J. (2012, March 13). As car tech advances, can distracted drivers keep up? [Web log message]. Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 04:42 PM • comment • Reads 40 • see all articles

My favorite sports include football, basketball, and tennis. During the summer I compete in skateboarding and wakeboarding competitions.