Carlie H-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

For the full article visit CNN's website

One of Facebook's biggest issues in IPO is privacy, a recent study shows that 13 million American Facebook ussers are unaware of the privacy controls that IPO entails. Because of this people the amound of people that have fake information on their profile has increased, all in order to protect their identities. 

One of Facebook's controversial pricavy control is the policy of sharing user's data with a third party via applications. This can occasionally be done by a "friend" without the person even knowing. If a friend runs an app and you have not been very specific with your privacy settings, your friend could accindentally give "the app" access to your information.

As a Facebook user, I personally violated by policies such as this one that Facebook has over its users. I am against this policy and many others IPO is causing regarding Facebook's privacy control, it's unfair to the users that use it so harmlessly. However I think that no matter how meticulous you are with your privacy setting, Facebook  will always have unfair control over your privacy once you click the "I agree to the Terms of Use" button. All you can do is be careful with what you put out on the internet.

Segall, L. (2012, May 04). Millions of Americans Ignore Facebook's Privacy Controls. Retrieved from http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/03/technology/facebook-privacy-controls/index.htm

Article posted May 6, 2012 at 03:54 PM • comment • Reads 96 • see all articles

:o)