Colleen's Blog :)

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Xandem's Security Sensors Can See Through Walls

This article is about a new invention by Xandem. A group of students discovered a new way to create security detectors that are unable to be interrupted. Joey Wilson took advantage of his knowledge and teamed up with Neal Patwari to create a sensor that uses radi waves to detect motion. These sensors are able to see through walls, couches, and any other furniture due to the radio waves. When the waves are interrupted, they detect motion. 

This new invention is extremely interesting to me for many reasons. First, this is a huge advancement in technology that can definitely have a significant impact on not only the world of technology, but also of criminals. Criminals will not be able to find the device, and therefore can be caught in the act. Next, I see this as portraying a threat of privacy invasion. The device is able to almost "spy" on people during their every moves. Last, these sensors have been placed in homes and will continue to be for years to come. I wonder if one day I will have one of these devices in my own home. This article was definitely interesting to me for these many reasons.

Eilene, Z. (2012, April 19). Cnn. Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted April 19, 2012 at 02:29 PM • comment • Reads 51 • see all articles

My name is Colleen. I'm a dancer and a cheerleader, and I love to make people laugh.