Skye's Corner-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

'Bully' Film Rating Lowered to PG-13 After Public Pressure

There was recent pressure on the MPAA as the release date for Bully approached closer and closer. Orginally, the film was to have a R- rating due to the use of vulgar language. Many parents were outraged by this and pushed forward a petition for the movie to receive a PG-13 rating instead. The PG-13 rating would allow people of a younger age to see it and the film would be allowed to play in public schools, which is the prime source of the bullying. A few weeks later, Bully did in fact receive an PG-13 rating.

This article was interesting because it is very important for children to see how bullying is effecting other people's lives whether it be cyber bulling or physical bullying. Now that it has a PG-13 rating I encourage everyone to see it and put an end to bullying.

Effron, L., & Millman, J. (2012, April 06). abc news. Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted April 29, 2012 at 02:47 PM • comment (1) • Reads 36 • see all articles