Skye's Corner-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Getting text spam? New Service help you report it

Do you hate getting spam text messages once, twice, or even three times a day? A new serivce provided by wirless phone carriers is a free service that allows you to report the spam texts. Seems too good to be true? It's a proven fact that the service works. When you receive a spam text message on your phone, forward that text to the shortcode 7726 (which spells "SPAM"). You'll then receive an automated message from your wireless carrier, asking you then to enter the phone number from which the spam text was sent. They will then send you back instructions on how to stop the spam messages.

I personally know it is very annoying to be sent spam messages over and over again. After a while they get on my nevers. This new service allows me to have no trouble with spam messages anymore!

Gahran, A. (2012, March 19). Getting text spam? new service helps you report it . Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted March 25, 2012 at 09:54 AM • comment • Reads 47 • see all articles