Copyright (c) 2014 by da_bball Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
da_bball -- Blogmeister

-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by da_bball teacher: Rob Jacklin

The St Louis Blues have started their quest for the Stanly Cup.  They are currently leading in their series against the Sharks of San Jose 2-1.  This has been a very intense seeries with many penelty minutes and alot of fights breaking out throughout the game and even after the game.  Their next game will be played tonight in San Jose.  The home crowd has pulled trough for the blues with rally towls and alot of noise cheering on the playoff bound Blues.

Mentoring

The definition of mentoring is a person who sets a strong good influence in your life. The person being mentored that is a male is a protégé, and protégée are female people who are getting mentored."Mentoring" is a process that always involves communication and is relationship based, but its precise definition is elusive. The definition of a mentee is the person who is being mentored

Here are many ways to mentor!

·         Helping people with a job

·         Teaching them how to do something

·          being a leader to a person

·         Be a good friend to people who are lonely on sad

Mentoring is building a relationship between usually older mentor and the usually younger mentee.

Mentoring is mainly about communication you need to be friends with that person and build a relationship with the mentee.

Elijah mentored Elisha by teaching him about being a prophet and how to teach others about Jesus and helping them learn about.  They had a good relationship and knew each other well and had communication.

There were many interesting things that Mr. Alloca said in his video, some of the charecteristics he talked about when you want a video to go viral on the internet he said that it should be funny, unexpected, has a big oudience that people want to see. The topic of my video idea is a funny video that many people want to watch!  I would want to get a point across to the people who watch my video.  I would support a point like some of the videos that are going on now, or I would make a magic trick or illusion to intrest my watchers.

I think there are a lot of things that technolagy should be in.  But I think there are some things that technology should stay out of like food, sports, etc.  But I think that technology could be in art and magic.  Marco Tempest had a very cool idea of making these videos and making magic even better by inhancing it by technology.  The effects of the technolagy and phones very much made it interesting and fun to watch being the viewer.  In the second video it was cool using the digital story telling device.   It told a story about a stick person and how he can upgrade art by using technology, it also allowed it to move using a projector. http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_magic_of_truth_and_lies_on_ipods.html rjacklin:Marco Tempest: The Magic of Truth and Lies (and iPods)--http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_magic_of_truth_and_lies_on_ipods.html"> Click here to see the first video!  http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_augmented_reality_of_techno_magic.html rjacklin:Marco Tempest: Augmented reality, techno-magic--http://www.ted.com/talks/marco_tempest_the_augmented_reality_of_techno_magic.html">Click here to see the second video!

Mr. Moores TED video was saying that many people today tie their shoes incorectly, the main point in his artical is to say that a diffrent method of tieing shoes is better because he tied his shoes horizontaly insted of verdicly on his shoes.  He was trying to inform people that this way of tying shoes would help improv e your shoes from falling off and coming untied. I thought it was a good point and I agree with him. 1. it was a valid point because it would help you in keeping your shoes tied 2. I think before I and many others had tied their shoes incorrectly and I thought it would be good for many people to watch 3.this may be a break through for many people to tie their shoes correctly and never have to tie their shoes!

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/terry_moore_how_to_tie_your_shoes.html">Mr. Moore made this video about how to tie shoes!