A Few Of My Favorite Things-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 01:32 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

I personally agree with many of the things this guy had to share. Even though in recent years global warming and going green has become more than just issues going on in our world but it has also become a big trend. The image of someone being totally green has been warped by media and corporations making that being green is the only way to help our planet. I truly believe celebrities, big corporations, and average joe's use the "green" title too much and now we have lost the true meaning of going green and saving the planet.

I believe that those who say global warming does not exist has their rights to be wary or the media and scientists overblowing climate change out of porportion. But nobody can disagree our planet is not as healthy as it used to be. Slowly glaciers (which hold over 65% of Earth's freshwater) are melting destroying habitats, homes, and possibly our lives. It is foolish to believe this problem will be able to fix itself- our Earth has delt with our crap for too long and now it is our turn to save it beofre it is too late. So what if research is proven wrong and global warming actually doesn't exist- that doesn't mean that the 100 million our environmental problems our planet faces will go away either. Taking action is the only way to ensure our survival.

I won't have a future in this world unless everybody can forget their differences and strive for the greater good. Let us forget everybody's age, economic status, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc. and work together as one. Unfortunately what I hope for happens mostly when it is already too late and the damage is already done. So let's not be idiots and waste precious time fighting over whether global warming actually exists- I'm sure we can all find many more problems we can fix.

And anyways global warming isn't going to kill us off zombies are :) Leave a comment and have a great summer=http://=http://!!

Leap Motion has just announced a new 3D motion control system that is supposed to be 200 more accurate than anything else on the market and is probably the cheapest set to cost just $70. The devicemonitors space 4 cubic feet in size and can track one's own finger tips, the whole hand, or inaminate objects. By seeing the video you can see how ingenuous and smart this device is. Not only can this be helpful and become part of the work schedule of the likes of surgeons and engineers at $70 this will no doubt be in a lot of homes.

I found this article extremely intersting considering that I just did I project that included the topic of gesture based computing and now this product is to come out onto the market. By watching the video you can just see how advanced and cool this technology is. My best wishes to the company for a successful profit.

Citation: Condliffe, J. (2012, May 21). Gizmodo. Retrieved from [LINK]

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:42 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

create your own visited country map

or check our Venice travel guide

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

create your own personalized map of the USA

or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

As you can see I don't get out much.

Article posted March 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Thought millions of hits was crazy enough by just typing in "dog" in your Google search engine? Now the big leauge tech corporation is now expected to start selling eyeglasses. But of course becasue it's Google, these are not ordinary glasses. No these glasses will/ can project information, entertainment, anjd advertise ( remeber people this is a product of Google) onto the lenses. These smart glasses create a virtual reality and augmented reality experinece. 4G cell connections allow you to pull in information from Google (where else) and display info about the real world in augmented reality on the lens. So basically wearable computers.

All I can say is AWESOME!!!! I mean this sounds really cool but I can already tell by the sound of it that this pair of glasses isn't going to be a couple bucks. It sounds to good to be true and I this thing can't be as perfect as it seems- it has to have a few hiccups. But overall it's interesting idea and I have the best hopes for it. Check it out- I promise you won't be disappointed: http://www.techpark.net/2012/02/29/google-glasses-with-virtual-and-augmented-reality/

Citation: Anil. (2012, February 29). Latest technology trends. Retrieved from http://www.techpark.net/2012/02/29/google-glasses-with-virtual-and-augmented-reality/

If robots taking over our universe wasn't bad enough, now the robots will have robot cheetahs that they will study and put in their robot zoos!!!!! Confusing...yes but now DARPA or the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency responsible for the development of new technology for use of the military has not made a robot cheetah. Although DARPA is unsure for the cheetah bot's later use in military technology but they hope for one day for it to be as fast as its flesh-and-blood counterpart someday. In the video if you watch carefully enough, you see that the cheetah appears to flexing and un-flexing its spine as it moves just like a real cheetah as the speed in the treadmill increases. Have to say this is really cool- hope you guys like it. Please leave a comment- tell me how you feel!!! Check out the site: Here Citation: Dillow , C. (2012, March 5). Popsci. Retrieved from http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-03/video-darpas-cheetah-robot-sets-land-speed-record-robotic-big-cats

Find more videos like this on Flat Classroom Project

Learn more about your favorite blogger!!!!!! Hope you guys like it!!!!!!!! Or use the link to get to my Ning: http://flatclassroomproject.ning.com/video/katie-s-handshake

If you didn't already know Silicon Valley is home to many of the world's largest tech corportations and is an extremely high-tech business area. But instead of sending the children of CEO's, chief technology officers, executives, etc of Silicon Valley giants like Google, eBay, Apple, etc to a normal/ regular private school they send their kids to Waldorf. Schools nationwide have rushed and are rushing to supply their classrooms with computers- to become the technologically advanced in the county while Waldorf does not. In fact Waldorf a single screen is yet to be found, seeing that computers are not allowed at all. The school even frowns at the use of computers at home.

Throughout the article several parents who just happen to work for companies that just so happen to promote the use of technology see no contradiction by sending their children to Waldorf. And teachers say that their is no proof that computers/ the use of technology lead to better test scores. Students who graduated between the years of 1994- 2004, 94 percent of them got into prestigious/ top institutions like Oberlin, Berkeley, and Vassar. But this figure may not seem surprising to everyone considering that these students come from families who value education highly despite the cost (tuition at Waldorf is up to $24,400).

Talk about irony- I mean I swear guys that this article is hilarious especially when the parents start to talk. What do you think about technology in school? Like it? Hate it? Please leave a comment!!!!!!!! I think their is a time and place for computers and when an elementary school relies on Rosetta Stone to teach its students the language of their choice that's a problem (true story). I believe Waldorf's got the idea and other schools should follow in suit. Follow the link to the article so you can read- trust me it's really good: www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/technology/at-waldorf-school-in-silicon-valley-technologycan-wait.html

Citation: Richtel, M. (2011, 10 22). New york times. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/23/technology/at-waldorf-school-in-silicon-valley-technology-can-wait.html?pagewanted=all 

If you haven't heard China now has a similar search engine site called Baidu. Although it is often referred as China's Google, that just may be an understatment. You see it all leads back to the stock market. Google's rivals- Microsoft and Yahoo are seriously behind with Google taking a market share of 16.7% in the fourth quarter (which is pretty good considering the financial troubles we have in the US). But Baidu's market share was 78.3%!!!!!! At this point it is clear who has the more growth potential in this.

Still there are some doubts, I mean we are talking about a Chinese search engine obviously unlike Google in which everything is left unrestricted and most likely the Chinese government censors a lot. Though Baidu won't become as popular as Google is in the US, what about growing popularity in other Asian countries?

What do you guys think about Baidu? Google? Other search engines? If you are looking for more information go to:money.cnn.com/2012/02/13/technology/thebuzz/index.htm 

Citation:La Monica, P. R. (2012, February 13). cnnmoney. Retrieved from http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/13/technology/thebuzz/index.htm                         

Interestingly enough I hate technology- but I have a blog. I hope this will be fun for all of us- and I am open to any particular subject/ idea you guys want me to talk about.

As my 1st ever article- I want to say hello world=http://!!

I love my friends, my family, my books, my music (an interesting mix of musical albums and classic rock), and musical theater I hate/ extremely dislike bullies, classes I'm not good in (BIOLOGY!!!!!!), technology, and cauliflower!!!!!!!