turtles.-

All things computer, all things technical are discussed here. DON"T use your full name or reveal anything about emails, cell phones or anything else personal!

by teacher: Brian McLaughlin

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 01:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 54

This concept is basically like solar power, but, instead of using the sun to power your computer to send an email, you'll be sending the email through the sun. If that makes sense to anyone.

Here, see if this helps:

I think this is pretty great, actually. It sounds like science fiction, sending data through light. However, our technology in this day and age is so powerful that we can actually make science fiction reality. 

Anyone up for a hover car now?

Brown, M. (2012, June 2). Li-Fi -- A New Technology in Wireless Communication. Techverticals. Retrieved June 6, 2012, from http://www.techverticals.com/1504/li-fi-a-new-technology-in-wireless-communication/.

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 01:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

So if you're more of a Windows fan, I'm sure you'll be excited to see this:

Yes, it's a new Windows tablet! Now, this tablet is nowhere near on the market yet -- it doesn't even have a name so far. But, this tablet will come out the same time that Windows 8 does, along with even more tablets to choose from besides this! 

While I do have an iPhone and an iPod, my laptop is Windows, and I don't particularly like Mac computers, so maybe this tablet might be worthy of saving up my summer cash for...hm...

Shutt, B. (2012, June 6). Lenovo Reveals Windows 8 "ThinkPad" Tablet. VR-Zone. Retrieved June 6, 2012, from http://vr-zone.com/articles/lenovo-reveals-windows-8-thinkpad-tablet/16177.html

Article posted June 7, 2012 at 01:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 42

Well, not metal exactly. It would be a substance called 'liquidmetal', and comes from a company called Liquidmetal Technologies. It has been confirmed that their substance will now be used to make Apple products from now on. This includes iPhones, iPads, and iPods. As you know, these items are typically made out of glass -- very fragile, very breakable glass. This has led to many people buying protective cases for their items, and, of course, becoming super crazy paranoid about dropping their items. 

But with your precious phone or tablet or iPod being made out of liquidmetal, you won't need to worry about shattering your screen in the blink of an eye. This is because, while liquidmetal still retains the pretty shine and feel of glass, it still works like metal! I'm looking forward to how these products are going to look, especially after seeing this digital concept of what an iPhone could look like:

Shutt, B. (2012, June 6). Liquidmetal Technologies CEO confirms the use of Liquidmetal in future Apple products. VR-Zone. Retrieved June 6, 2012, from http://vr-zone.com/articles/liquidmetal-technologies-ceo-confirms-the-use-of-liquidmetal-in-future-apple-products/16178.html.

I have never once had a teacher instruct us through videos, but that could be because the teachers at middle school were very low-tech. If you want my honest opinion, then I think there were too many videos. I would not watch four demos on tables in a row. It doesn't help that all of them were just labelled "Table Demo 1, 2, 3, 4". There should have been actual titles for it, such as what each specific demo was about.

Article posted March 30, 2012 at 03:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

I picked up this article because the picture sort of leapt out at me--you don't usually see a complete titanium jaw with bottom teeth jutting out of it, do you? This titanium jaw was implanted into the mouth of an 83-year-old patient who had a serious jaw infection. Interestingly, only a day after the surgery was performed, the patient could talk as well as ever and had complete movement of the jaw joint. This could be partly due to the fact that the prosthetic jaw weighs about the same as its bone counterpart.

Read the whole article and see more pictures of this jaw at this link:

Ovais, A. (2012, February 15). 83-year Old Patient gets her bite back thanks to World's First 3-D Printed Lower Jaw Implant. RandomTechNews. Retrieved from www.randomtn.com/2012/02/first-3d-printed-jaw-implant.html

Article posted March 30, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

....because technology has now turned into the simple, little toys of are childhood: Legos!

lego usb thingy

No, your eyes are not fooling you--that is, in fact, an actual MP3 player that seems to be made of legos. In the article I linked to below, there is a list of ten other products similiar to this one, and all of them are just as cute, colorful, and playful as this one. Brings back memories, doesn't it? By the way, there's even Lego flash drives that you can put together and build with!

(2009, November 9). 10 Interesting Products Inspired by Lego Brick. Retrieved from www.designswan.com/archives/10-interesting-electronic-product-inspired-by-lego-brick.html

Find more videos like this on Flat Classroom Project

This is my handshake video!

Article posted February 26, 2012 at 09:34 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 35

So it is pretty obvious why I picked to do this article. As is everyone else, I am very interested in when the newest iPad is coming out. According to this article, iPad 3 is supposed to be revealed in February, but put out for sale in March 2012. Its newest feature is called LTE, which will make the iPad a sort of hotspot, able to give off wi-fi that your phone can connect to.

Here is where you can read the article.

And here is a supposed-picture of the new iPad 3!

Admin. (2012, January 18). Tech News Update 18/1/12. Retrieved from http://www.nuprotechnologies.com/

Article posted February 20, 2012 at 03:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

A blast-from-the-past for your 21st century iPhone/iPad/iPod!

It is a very short passage, but I found this article actually very interesting and funny! ThinkGeek has come out with a retro game controller for any handheld iOS Apple product -- something that looks very much like those old Nintedo 364 controllers from our childhoods. Of course, I had to do this article one I saw that. Referred to as the 8-Bitty, ThinkGeek's plan is for this controller to make it much easier to play your apps on your iPhone -- since it is rather uncomfortable for you thumbs sometimes, isn't it?

Golson, N. (2012, February 13). iCade Creators Announce Nintendo-Like Wireless Controller for iOS. MacRumors, Retrieved from http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/13/icade-creators-launch-nintendo-like-wireless-controller-for-ios/.

Hi Mr. Blog (or are you a Ms.?)

I've decided to call you turtles and I'm not changing it just because some people don't happen to like turtles. Right now I just needed to know that you worked, and so that's why I'm writing this blog entry.

Byeeeee,

Megan

i'm a girl and i have short hair. k bye