By definition the word mentor means a wise and trusted teacher or counseler.
A mentor ………
· Leads by example
· Has experience in your in what your doing and willling to share skills andknowledge.
· Has integrity.
· Shares similar values.
· Gives advice based on experience.
· Helps you learn what they didn’t teach in school
· Has positive experience.
· Has a good reputation for developing others.
· Has time and energy to devote to mentoring.
· Has up-to-date knowledge.
· Has a learning attitude.
· Has demonstrated effective managerial/mentoring skills.
· Creates opportunities and opens doors.
· Knows your strengths and abilities.
Knowing this, Elisha is a mentor to Elijha which is important because God mentors us everyday of our lives.