Copyright (c) 2014 by TheJmaur Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TheJmaur -- Blogmeister

TheJmaur-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by TheJmaur teacher: Rob Jacklin

Title: It's the little things (02/24/12)
Description: Reflect on the statement: "Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference."

You know that one weird part in your life where you just can't figure out where to go next? That's me, right at this very moment. The reason I'm like this is because- well... I don't really know. I just feel stuck in this never ending emotion-confused; stuck; almost free- almost. No matter what I can'tr shake that strange feeling. Almost mystifying me like a poltergeist or something trying to shake me in a different direction. Different direction. It's life, my life and I can't decide where to go. Listen, there's someone in my life that might be able to help me.

When I am playing baseball my coach always says its the small things that make a difference. Like running in a straight line when running to a base. And to keep your bat a little higher on your shoulder so you don't swing under the ball.

It's better to start small, to a big avantgage.LIke to start small on bicikle riding. you first have the training wheels, then to the big 2 wheels. So you start at the helping wheels and you steadly get better. It's the same in life you start out small and gradigly get better, and strounger. You always have well not always have to start small but it would be better for you.

Up until about a year ago our family was always very quiet and would be tired alot. Then one day my brother, dad and I went to my grandpas farm and was going to paint the deck. About three hours later we got home so we could got to church after we took our showers. I was the first one in the door and my sister was holding a black and white jack russel wearing a baseball cap. From then on we are a very happy and highper family.

Somtimes it's the little things that make a huge difference in your enviorment and even around the world,like tieing your shoes.Tieing your shoes can be very tiering!What if nobody knew how to tie their shoes? Everybody would trip over their shoe lases and fall down, maybe even get hurt.

"Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference."

Have you ever heard somebody say that to you? A parent or teacher, maybe even a friend?  In my life I've noticed that this statement is true, especially at home, for me. When you're talking to your parents or a teacher, you have to use the right tone of voice, or else they think you're talking back, which you might not be. If you have a slight edge to your voice, people automatically think that you're being mean. Another little thing is body language. If you are talking to someone and your body is leaning away from them and is stiff, they think that you don't want to be there. Your posture, the way you hold yourself, what you do with your arms and legs. Those are all little things that make a big difference with people. At school this is true as well, because sometimes if you don't participate in class,the teachers don't think that you're paying attention. In horseback riding, you HAVE to have your heels down or else you won't be able to keep your balance. The bridle must be fastened right or else the horse will throw its head back and won't give you what it needs to . It's those little things that make the big difference.

Remember that.

Sometimes its the little things that makes a big difference. Like today in class we saw a video on a guy teaching you the correct way to tie your shoes of course that wasn't the whole point of his message. I learned two things from that movie one that I was tying my shoes wrong and two that the little things make a huge difference. Like in basketball and baseball my two favorite sports my dad and my coaches are always telling me at the beginning and at the end of a season keep working on the details keep working on the basics it will make you so much better. So always remember that the little things make a big difference.

"Sometimes it's the little things that make a big differance."  

Has anyone ever said that to you?? A parent or teacher? Maybe a friend? I think it's true because my basketball coach teaches us so many things and just learning one is so important! Think about soccer and all of the positions. Each of the them are so important to the whole team.Same thing with basketball or other sports! So think about that and it might be helpful in life!! Please coment!

Have you ever have to change something that's just a small change? Well it's all those litte changes that can make your life a lot easier. Just like in sports, has your coach ever told you that it's the little things that win games. If you had everyone inyour school bring in one dollar, even though a dollar isn't much, when you add it all up it is. If you tell someone about Jesus it may not seem like much, but then that person can tell other people and then the a ton of people can believe. 

Today in class, we watched a video about the little things that matter. And if you think about it, it is true. If every person would donate $2 to Haiti, we could feed and help allot of people. If that was 400 hundred people who would be that kind and donate that! That would be allot! Here is another example; if everone would bring in there own ball in basketball, that would be allot of basketballs!! Quiz yourself and try to think of someways that you could make a difference.

Today, in class we talked about little things and my opinion is that it doesnt matter how big the thing is because it can make a big difference. For example, what if you wanted to donate some money, but the best you could do is $1. You think that won't make a difference at all. Think about it this way: if 400 people donated a dollar, you all would have donated $400! See the little things in life can make a big difference. Here is another example: In basketball, what if you keep missing your shots and you are really upset. You got to ask the coach what you are doing wrong. The coach says you are tilting your elbow a little bit before you shoot. You think he is crazy and don't take his advice. You get even more frustrated and then try his advice for once and you sink every shot. See it can be the little things that make a big difference.

Today, in class we talked about little things and my opinion is that it doesnt matter how big the thing is because it can make a big difference. For example, what if you wanted to donate some money, but the best you could do is $1. You think that won't make a difference at all. Think about it this way: if 400 people donated a dollar, you all would have donated $400! See the little things in life can make a big difference. Here is another example: In basketball, what if you keep missing your shots and you are really upset. You got to ask the coach what you are doing wrong. The coach says you are tilting your elbow a little bit before you shoot. You think he is crazy and don't take his advice. You get even more frustrated and then try his advice for once and you sink everyone.

Some time its the little things that matter the most. When are school donates a pair of shoes that helps the kids in a orphanage to get a pair of shoes. If we all donated food that would make a difference. So now you now the little do make a big difference.

In baseball my coach says that the little things that help.  Like if you stand close to home when you are up to bat and how you hold the bat.  When I catch, if you catch far away you will be good and when you stand close you will catcher's interference. 

Sometimes it''s the little things that make a big difference. When people donate a can of food it adds up to a lot. If we have a coat drive and people need to stay warm we are giving them coats. If you work on one little move it can make a big difference. sometimes little things can do a lot.

When I am playing hockey one little movement can mean making the save or not NOT DONE

Likes basketball and baseball