Copyright (c) 2014 by MizsherlockHolmes Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MizsherlockHolmes -- Blogmeister

Mizsherlockholmes Blog-

Ideas, thoughts, creative writings, or classroom Meanderings!

by MizsherlockHolmes teacher: Rob Jacklin

Article posted April 27, 2012 at 02:40 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 111

Blue Ribbon Award, Notice the stars? What do they forum?

Am I the only one whos noticed some suprising things inside national awards? Take the 'National Blue Ribbion Award' sponsered by The Department of Education. Yah there's a bird holdin a planet and some arrows, with a bunch of stars above its head. But theres something extremely speical about those stars. They all togther form 'The Star of David.'  It may just be an acciedent, or a purposeful way of trying to make alies with Isreal. Either way it's there.

What do you think?

The Westing Games was a very well written book. I was always on the edge of my toes (well at least when I read it the first time) and wondering what would happen next. Her only down fall was that she seamed to have rushed to a conclusion and she also didn't add enough death. I wouldn't mind seeing all the characters die except for 5-6 something thats like the movie 'Saw.' But of course this is children littertaure, and Ii'm highly doubting that the school criculum would allow such a grousome plot. 

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7, it was very well played. Excepect for the fact that I have read so many mystery novels I'm to the point where in the first 50 or so pages I already have the conclusion of the book figured out to the very last detail. It was hard trying not to give away the ending, and watching my peers gusse incorrect drove my crazy. 

"They see but the do not observe."  

-Sherlock Holmes (Except 'they' is really a 'you')

Big Dan today decided that he didn't want to eat dog food any more. He opened up the pantry door and decided that he perfers cerial better. Now we are forced to put locks on our cabniets, he dosen't like that. He's been a real grouch since we did that. I wonder at points if he's a human trapped in a dog body.

Well, he wanted revenge. And he got it and got it good. 

My dad had just gotten a new Blackberry. Dad left it on the counter, right near the ledge, next to a glass of water. DanBo (as we call him) put his fluffy white paws up on the counter and knocked the glass over with his nose. It spilt all over my dads Blackberry, totally destroying it. And then decided to top it off by braking the glass. How do I know it was him not my annoying little seven year old brother Parker? Beacuse I was sitting in the living room, watching Doctor Who. When I hear the glass spill and look over finding Dan totaly destroying my dads blackberry and braking my moms favorite glass.

I got up to go shew him off, right at the moment my dad walked in with my mom carrying groccerys. They blammed it on me as ushal. I tried telling them it was Dan but they wouldn't believe me. They thought I was just making up a lie. Which I wasen't mind you and ended up being grounded for the whole week,. 

Oh I'm gonna get that dog! And I'm gonna get him good! I've now got video cameras set up in the kitchen. Muhahahahahhahahahahahah! He'll never beat me now! 

Ummm... Well I haven't really been paying attention to how I'm doing I'm just doing whatever the machine tells me to do. Perferbly I like to write by hand. I think I'm doing okay. I could improve, by alot. I'm still terrible with this keybored and now it's smallness is messing me up when I try and get home to type. Rather annoying...

A mentor is someone a person usually of a younger age looks up to. They are wise and a great role model. Their strong counselling helps guide the pupil down a road of success. Mentors should show traits such as:

-Wisdom

-Supportiveness

-Tolerance

-Strictness

-Arrogance

-Leadership Skills

-Strong Personality

With these traits the menniti will become a great person and will move on to greater things. Mentors should try to avoid:

-Getting drunk in front of menniti

-Doing stupid things

-Taking drugs in front of menniti

-Making bad decisions

-Self-centeredness

-Low self esteem

-Not caring for what they have to say

Time Travel, we all dream of it. Being able to go foward and back in the future, fixing mistakes we've made, maybe even saving people who shouldn't have died. There are tons of theorys such as materilization or wormhole expaniansion out there on ways to time travel. But as fare as science has gone we are not of the technology quite yet. Even so, people still question if it'd be a safe or smart idea to time travel. But why? Lets look at the two sides.

Changing the Past

Lets say you failed a test back in high school that would determen wether or not you go to college. Some how though in the future, you go back in time and give yourself the answers. Is that possible? Is that even Natrual? People think it is and isn't. Some theory such as "No to things can be exactly the same in one time are out there." but opposing ones such as the clonege of DNA are threatining ideas like that. If you look at cloning past expirments even though the creature is nearly identical alike there is always some small differnce, making it not the same. It's sorta like our finger prints, even if your identical twins you won't have the exact same finger prints. Yes, they may look very simular. But I gaurnte you that there is at least one ridige or loop of a differnce. Let's think of terminal effects though. You just insured yourself not to fail on that test, so what about you? Lets say you live with your mother and are unemployed, would that change and if so would the you that time travel back cease to exist?

Saving and Taking Others Lifes

Another question is, What if for some reason I went back in time to my 11 year old self and decieded to kill me. Would I still exsist? People have fought reapitedly but none of there answers can be scientificly proven correct. Would this make time travel possible? For to people to exsist in the same time and be able to kill a past self yet still exist in a differnt year?

Time Line of Time

Would it be normal for one person to effect the course of The Line of Time? The slightest mishape could through humanity off course by thousands of years. Wait whats the Time Line of Time? Heres an example.

B                                                        N                                                      E

B= Beging  N=Now and E= End, But recant theory are questioning this simple version of the time line such as if theres parts of time that branch off of the line. Like 2004 and 2011 would both have a seapreate line. And If there really was a beging of the universe and if there will ever be an end? Is it possible from one person to jump now to the end or the beging. And if they did how drastically would that effect time and space?

I leave these questions to you now my friend:

1. Is time travel possible

2. Can two things exactly alike exsist at the same time?

3.What effect would taking and saving peoples lifes who should be dead or alive cause on those of present, past and future times?

4. Is it natrual for man to disaray the order of time and space?

5. Are the humans theorys over the time line acurate or inacurate, why?

With the facts and theorys I have supplied can you assume a logaical answer if time travel will ever exsist?

I was just chilling in the car waiting for my mum to drive me to school when I see his fluffy white tale go lolly-gagging bye. My first though was, Not again. Then it turned into get that dog. In the end I ended up chasing him around the neghibor hood for 20 mintues. I got him back home and you'll not believe what I found:

Big Dan (my dog) had slipped his shock collar off on a tree branch and opened the gate. Then he went outside and around to a brick we put up on the fence over a hole he digged and knocked it over for the other dog to escape.

Whatever happened to monkeys being the next cleverest animal on this planet besides us.

Next thing I we know he might be walking and talking down the street!

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep my titanic Pernes Mountian dog inside less then an achre of land in the suburbans?

I am terrible with anagrams. Can any one help me with the sherlockology March calander anagram?Go to the site:

www.sherlockology.com

then go to monthly calander. Click on 'March', then help  reply to this post.

Thanks!

Question 1 Answer: Tast-maker (Who share), creative (Participation Remixing), Unexpectidness.  

Question 2 Answer: Everyone needs a Laugh. Pranks, jokes, prank phone calls, doing wacky stuff, taking dares, eatting things I probably shoudln't, doing stupid stuff, getting hurt, pulling pranks on the genral public, messing around with teachers. 

Question 3 Answer: Unexpectidness, creativity.   

(Go to Mr.Jacklins page in order to figure out what I'm talking about. It's a video about viral videos and what makes them go viral.)

Questinos can be found at- stjstl.wikispaces.com/5Homes11-12

"Nature's first green is gold, 

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower; 

But only so an hour. 

Then leaf subsides to leaf,   

So Eden sank to grief, 

As dawn goes down to day. 

Nothing gold can stay." 

-Robert Frost 

I'm a fan of BBC Sherlock. My favorite color is green and I like to go on adventures in my free time.