Interesting Stuff

Vote for Nate on Twitter using #nate #drafted up to 5 times per day

teacher: Nate Jurgens

mixes 03/15/12

Title: Audio Mix Examples (03/14/12)
Description: Find three examples on You tube of Audio mixes that you absolutely love! Then, in detail, explain why each track deserves your praise-- Cover the following areas: types of sounds in the track (percussion, keyboard, guitar) audio special effects, etc.

This is an example of mixing audio tracks, but I don't like this song very much. O.o

Another mix, this DJ's name is DJ Blend. He`s not on my list of top 10 Dj`s but if I had a list of top 25, he`d been Number 20. They call him DJ Blend because he blends songs together. Probably with a program similar to Audacity.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

This a great mix, I just absolutely love it!

htt[LINK]

Bangarang - Skrillex

The beginning is the most attractive part of the song, and I greatly enjoy how they almost build up "suspense" in approximately the first ten seconds. I appreciate how the song isn't too overwhelming, quiet in some sections, where the audience is able to appreciate the superior effects that they incorporated into their song. Superior effects such as the "sirens," and the "stutter" of the voices, for lack of better technological terms.

htt[LINK]

United State of Pop 2009 - DJ Earworm

I enjoy this mix greatly! DJ Earworm makes a mix of the top charted music every year. It's basically Christmas for me everytime he uploads a new song. When someone is able to incorporate music that I love on its own, with others from the same category, in such a seamless fashion, that is true talent. DJ Earworm never ceases to impress me.

htt[LINK]

Lights - Ellie Goulding (remix by Bassnectar

This remix is a bit iffy for me, I enjoy the song on it's own (especially the first few seconds of building tension, as I mentioned before!) so I don`t strongly prefer this mix, since Bassnector cut that out. I respect the fact that they didn`t incorporate swears or anything vulgar such as that, which most remixes contain. The added bass, etc. makes a nice truck ride with subwoofers though :)

So i'm not really big on dubstep or techno music, and I didn't really know how to start this assignment. Anyway, Nick showed me this song and I actually like it which suprised me. Im not sure why I like this song but if all techno and dubstep music sounds like this I might have to start listening to it.

Another song that Nick showed me. He showed it to me yesterday actually and i had it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. I like this one because of the way they used real sounds in the music. Like they used a chainsaw. That is cool. Also the lyrics got stuck in my head. Durring math class.

Haha I like this song because it's my birthday and it makes me want to dance. DANCE PARTY=http://

I like this because it sounds really cool.

The reason I like this is because of the beginning it sounds really cool.

This sounds very cool with all the different artists singing.

THis song has really nice synths and bass, plus the bass drums are really intoxicating. 10/10!!

This is so filthy, you will be head banging soon enough. You won't need to worry about the bass and high-hats, they are what makes up the song!! 10/10!

BASS IS SO AWESOME, only if you have a good subwoofer. 11/10!!

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 01:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

These songs are really good considering the weird mix of bands.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 04:47 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

This is probably one of my all time favorite mixes ever. There's really no noticeable effects used but instead, the maker made the songs literally flow together in a very harmonious way, and it just sounds awesome!

Another great mix. Sure it ain't club music or techno but it's still pretty "groovy." The percussion in War Pigs and the hard chug of the guitar in Whole Lotta Love make a perfect duo (and of course Ozzy's signature singing). Only something like this can be made by two of Britain's greatest metal bands.

What happens when you mix Children by Robert Miles and Darude's Sandstorm? Why Children of the Sandstorm of course! Kinda funny how a nice, melodic tune can work together so well with one of the greatest club songs ever. Somehow, the transitions from soft to heavy are very clean and flows nicely. As a club mix, this song is awesome (Sandstorm by itself is just as epic).

These are randomly picked because i don't have the ear for music, I don't really like or dislike any of these.

Likes:

#1

#2

I Dislike:

I love these two mixes because I think it actually sounds awesome, everything seems to fit together. Also I love how they got the video clip from each video. Koodos to the creators and their very hard work. Must have been stressful fitting the tunes together and finding the video clips. But it also must have been worth it because there well paid of pieces. There amazingly well done :)

I'm not a huge fan of this mix, all the tunes clash together and dont sound pleasant at all. I think the creator just overlapped them all together and expected people to love it..