Copyright (c) 2014 by Jennifer F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Jennifer F -- Blogmeister

Web1-Spring

by Jennifer F

teacher: Brandt Schneider

I am officially published! One of our final projects for Web Design was to create an online resume and show the world who we really are. I had a hard time at first deciding what to write, but it became easy when I looked back at all my accomplishments.

I created a website for free using Weebly. It was really easy to use and I was able to make it look like the way I wanted it to!

I just finished and published my site! I wonder how many people are going to check out my website while they surf the web! I am proud of my online resume and think I did a great job on it.

My website name jenfusco.weebly.com

You can check it out by clicking here.

Today in Web Design, we had to make a website with instructions on how to make a rocket ship with an empty 2 liter soda bottle!

I decided to use flash for the animated title and to make the steps look presentable!

I also embedded a video of a soda bottle rocket on my website!

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 05:44 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 48

In Web Design, we do so many different activities! This week, we worked on a project! The project wasn't one big thing, but many small things. We had the freedom to pick what we wanted to do, as long as it added up to 90 points. The projects I decided to do were the Game Project, Book Creator Project, Coding, and the Animation Project. After each day of hard work, we had to make a blog post explaining what we accomplished that day!

First, I worked on my own game! Using an iPad, I went on the app called "SketchNation" and got to choose what type of game I wanted to make. Also, I got to design my own character and the background! I made mine a jumping game! In the end, I made a game where you had to make a cat jump on clouds in the sky and try not to fall. Even though cats in the sky make no sense what so ever, it was still an understandable and successful game. Unfortunately, the app had some technical difficulties and would not let me share my game to my teacher. I think I deserved all 20 points for the game, and it wasn't my fault that I was unable to share it.

Second, I worked on making my own eBook. Using the iPad app "Book Creator", I made my own book on giraffes. I included all the essential parts of a book, including a cover, title page, table of contents, and the actual information on giraffes! I was halfway done with my book when it was the end of the period! Before I left I made a blog post about my completion of the game and the progress I made on the eBook. The next class, I spent the whole period working on my eBook. It was 17 pages and included all useful and correct information on giraffes and also had many pictures. I was very proud with my eBook when it was completed. I think I deserved all 30 points for it, because I spent a lot of time and effort on it. Next, I made a blog post about my eBook and called it a day!

Third, I worked on the coding part of the project. But I didn't do it in class, I did it at home! Because I was able to work on it at home, I got to spend more time concentrating and actually learning how to code, instead of just rushing to get it done. I was able to complete 3 projects: FizzBuzz, More with HTML, and an additional project called "CSS: Coding With Style". FizzBuzz was the hardest to complete, because I am not familiar with javascript and it was so confusing! The otehr two were extremely easy, becuase I have worked with them both before. Since I completed three projects, I think I deserve to get 30 points for it.

Fourth, I worked on an animation for my last class I had to work on this project! Using Flash, I made a short animation that told the story of Humpty Dumpty. I used many layers and frames and made sure everything was going smoothly. I also had shape and motion tweens here and there. To top it all off, after I was finished, I went to Free Play Music and download some free music to put on my animation. My animation was finally finished and I was proud, even though there was the occasional mistake here and there. I think I deserve all of the 20 points for all the effort I out into this animation. I ended this class with yet another blog post explaining my completion of the coding and the animation.

In conclusion, I spent a lot of time and effort on this project. With all the assignments I did plus the blog posts, I think I earned 120 points. That's pretty good seeing as how you needed to earn at least 90! I know not everything was perfectly done, but I think it was good enough.

Today, I mostly worked on Codecademy and finished 3 exercises!

Now that the coding part of the project was checked off the list, I completed my ebook on giraffes!

On flash, I made an animation on the story of Humpty Dumpty. I even added sound to it and it was so cool!

I still was not able to publish my game due to technical difficulties!

I finished one whole project in codecademy!

I finished my eBook! I did mine on giraffes!

All I have to do is share it next class.

We are working with iPads to do a number or assignments. Today, I worked on making my own game and my own book.

Using the app SketchNation, I was able to make my own jumping games and I got to draw my own character, platforms, and background! Unfortunately, the app had some technical difficulties and I was unable to share it to my teacher today.

Next, I started making my own eBook. Using the app "Book Creator" , I started making a book about giraffes! I got the cover, title page, and table of contents done! It looks so good so far!

On the iPad, I went on an app called Molecules

This app basically showed you different types of molecules and had the atoms that were in it color coated.

This app is very educational and teaches you the makeup of different molecules, which can really help you, especially in Science Class!

Although it is a great app, it doesn't really come with an instructions on how to use it. You kind of just jump into it. Other than that Molecules is a fantastic app!

Can you believe that playing a fun game can actually help you learn piano?

I went on an iPad and played the game Piano Dust Buster

Piano Dust Buster is a game where you kill dust by playing the right notes on a piano during a song!

This app is very educational because it is really fun and you are also learning how to play the piano without even knowing it!

It was very easy to use and included clear instructions! I love this game!

Today we get to mess around with Ipads!

I went on an app called Six Strings

Six Strings is an app where you get a variety of string and drum instruments and you get to play them on the iPad!

THis app if very educational for people wanting to learn or practice an instrument.

It was very easy to use and I highly recommend getting this app if you love making music!

In our Web design class today, we visited a website called Codecademy. This site has free lessons where you can learn all kinds of codes, including HTML and javascript! So far I have worked with "Getting Started with Programming" and "HTML Fundamentals". I also earned 37 points and got 3 achievements in just one hour!

This is my blog for Mr. Schneider's web designs class.