Copyright (c) 2014 by Julian F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Julian F -- Blogmeister

-

by Julian F teacher: Brandt Schneider

Our final project was to find a way to share information about yourself. I used a website called Weebly. I created my own website about my self and it was like a portfolio. You can see what I wrote here.

During this class we were to make a website explaining how to make a rocket. The instructions had to be simple enough for children to make with their parents. We needed to create a title using flash and show off our newly improved html skills from CodeCademy. Our code had to be clean and efficient. You can see a video of what we had to create instructions for here.

In class today we watched videos of the 2008 olympics. We then made a website describing our favorite olympic moment and i used Usain Bolt doing the 100m. We used programs like fireworks and flash to edit pictures and make the site look nice.

My red dots on my Clustr Map have increased greatly from when i first put it in and even since I tried getting new followers. Last month i had about 14 followers. As of today i have 55 including some from New Zealand. I never thought so many people could look at my blog in the Unites States, nevermind other countries.

Today in class I created a Memorial Day poster. I used

Flickr

to find an image and then put it in

Fireworks

. I used the text tool to add the date and a quote on the picture. I also used the noise tool to make the picture fuzzy and older looking. It is a good representation of Memorial Day.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 05:00 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 46

Over the past 3 classes we have worked on a project. This project consisted of multiple tasks that were assigned point values. There were 6 options that you could combine in any way to get the grade you want. The options were to make a game for the ipad, make an ebook, do 3 coding lessons, make a flash animation, make a tutorial video, and do a blog post after each day explaining what you have accomplished.

The first task I did was the 3 coding lessons on Codecademy. I completed More with HTML, FizzBuzz, and Build Your own Webpage. The task was worth 30 points if you completed them so with that assigment I had 30 points.

The second task I completed was the Create a Game task. I used SketchNation on the iPad to create a game that is kind of like Papi Jump, but with different powerups, scenery, and obstacles. That task was worth 20 points and I have completed it fully so with that I now have 50 points.

The third task I completed was a ShowMe project. I used the ShowMe app on the iPad to create a 60-90 second tutorial video on how to use the Pythagorean Thereom. I made it clear and easy to understand and that was worth 10 points. I have 60 points now.

My fourth task was to create a book with Book Creator, also on the iPad. My book was about different types of sandwiches. I put a couple facts in there and my opinion on some as well. It was 12-15 pages and I used all my images from Flickr/Creative Commons. That was worth 30 points and now im up to 90.

After each day, I made a blog post saying what i completed. I included links and was clear about what i finished. That was worth 10 points which brings me up to 100.

Therefore, I completed 5 out of the 6 options to get a total score of 100 points.

Today was the final day for the project and I have finished all my tasks. I created my ebook and finished it today about sandwiches. I also used showme on the iPad to create a tutorial video about the Pythagorean Thereom. You can watch the video on this link, here. I'm creating this blog off the iPad and am having trouble creating a link so I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Today was my second day of the

class project

. Today i worked with an iPad app called Book Creator to create a book on sandwhiches. I gathered about 15 pictures of different sandwhiches that i will write about in the book. I also created a script for a tutorial video on the pythagorean thereom which i will do next class.

Today in class we were assigned a project. I worked in CodeCademy and completed three tutorials. I completed More with HTML, FizzBuzz, and Build Your own Webpage. As of right now I have 98 points and 9 badges/achievements. When i was done with that i created a game on the app SketchNation for the iPad. I created a jumping game with a Mexican theme and it turned out well.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 05:39 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 46

Today in class we used Codecademy. This website teaches us how to create HTML codes and use javascript. Everytime you complete a lesson/activity, you get points. The points add up at the end and as of right now I have 43 which is good. I also have 3 badges (achievements). This website helped me a lot with my coding skills.

This is my blog for Mr. Schneider's web design class.