Article posted March 29, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 58

Theme Summary

The book that I have read was a book called Summer Ball. I think the main theme was basically him vs. the world, or at least that’s what he thought.
"Times New Roman"">Danny Walker has always been the short person in the room, or in the house. He loves playing basketball, but thinks he too short to play point guard for his team. All of his friends encourage him to try out so he does. He does good at the tryouts, but not good enough. The team he wanted to play was stacked with good players and he thought he wasn’t good enough. After a while of talking to his dad, his dad wants to become coach of a new basketball team. Read the book Summer Ball by Mike Lupica and figure out how Danny’s season goes!

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 03:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 37

England Wars and Rulers in the 1300's

In July 1346, Edward 111 invaded Normandy with an army between 12,000 and 16,000 men. His purpose for the attack was to collect booty (or money) for his troops, and to bring great shame upon King Phillip. His plan was a successJ The Black Prince (Edward prince of wales) invaded France again after their victory and Crecy. The French shoulders were all killed by there thousands. After that they faced Bertrand de Guesclin aka the hog in armor because of his ugly face. The British won, again. The Hundred years war is a war between England and France. The first battle took place at the sea, off the Flemish port of Sluys. The battle was at sea and a little on land. They used crossbows, cannon balls, and catapults for weapons mostly. They also had some on land and hand to hand fighting going on at land and used knifes as well. The war was mostly a Weapon victory for England and they won the war. 

Chrisp, Peter. Warfare. Farmington Hills: Hodder Wayland, 2004. Print.

Hundred Years' War.
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">" Compton's by Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online School Edition.

Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 2012. Web. 2 Feb. 2012.

<
http://school.eb.com/all/comptons/article-9274989
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"">>.

Trueman, Chris. The Hundred Years War. Massachusetts : BA, Hons, 2000. Web. <http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/hundred_years_war.htm>. 

During a Must win game for the Cubs in a matchup between the Chicago Cubs and the Florida Marlins with the Cubs on top of the series 3-2. October 14, 2003, at Wrigley Filed in Chicago. Eighth inning of Game 6 in the World Series, with the Cubs holding a 3-0 lead over the Florida Marlins with only 5 outs standing between them and their first World Series appearance since 1945. Luis Castillo came up to bat. Mark Prior (The Cubs Pitcher) was having one of the best seasons of his career. 1 strike 1 out was the count on Castillo when he fouled it. The ball travels to the left side of the field and everybody thought nothing of it, O but if they would have. Steve Bartman is sitting along the left-field foul line at Wrigley Field, and tries to catch a foul ball that is about to be caught by Cubs' outfielder Moises Alou for the second out of the inning. The cubs are arguing that the play should be ruled fan interference, but they say it was a fair game for the fans to catch the ball. Here’s the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmjsWzPMeMM. People got very angry and cussed, threw beer, and wanted to kill Bartman after this play. He must of felt very sad. After the Bartman play, the Marlins would score 8 runs and go on for a game seven. In game seven, the cubs were up 3-0 but the Marlins came back to win 9-6. The Florida Marlins ended up as World Series Champions.  

I think that we should judge most athletes on their performance. If they perform great, then we will probably look up to them and tell that there our role model. For instance, Allen Iverson is my role model and I saw that he had game and watched him more often. I decided that he would be the person that I would look up too. To this day I look up to him and look for his moves that I can use for basketball.

In what settings is Prejudice found?

I think that prejudice is most likely at school. Like in the Hallways or when the teacher is not being looking. Prejudice is doing mean things to others and I have been a victim of prejudice and I have seen prejudice. I don’t think anyone will want to made fun of or have stuff thrown at them or even shoved into lockers. When I see precipice I will have to stand up for no matter who it is because I wasn’t having fun being bullied, or being pushed. I know how it feels. It hurts. Its like you want to kill yourself or hide and never come out. Next time you see it, stand up for someone, maybe you will make a new friend. Follow the Golden rule of Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 03:35 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 42

My goals for 2012

I have a couple of goals for 2012. My first goal is to stay in Honors Math. To achieve this goal I will Pay attention in class, study for the test, do the homework, and pass the class. I think I will accomplish this goal by the end of the semester. My second goal is to get baptized before 8th grade. To achieve this goal I will pay attention in church, Pray, and find out who God really is. I want to accomplish this goal by the end of 7th grade. The last goal is to make ten new friends this year. To achieve this goal I will Try new things, hang out with new people, and get to know others. I want to accomplish my last goal by the end of the school year.