Article posted December 7, 2012 at 02:44 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 137

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF8000">J
a
color:#FF8000">p

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF0080">a
n
Baskerville;color:#FF0080">E
a
color:#FF0080">r

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF8000">t
h
color:#FF8000">q

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF0080">u
a
color:#FF0080">k

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF8000">e
:

On the night of December 8th, 2012 an earthquake happened in northeast Japan. It was a very powerful and costly natural disaster. It had the magnitude of 7.3!! (That’s really big). It even shook some buildings and homes that were in Tokyo (which is not close). They had a 6-minute warning, which was a really big help because the earthquake caused a little tsunami to happen. The earthquake affected the economy, which goes under the topic of politics. I think that because of the amount of damage that it will be very costly, which affects the country's money amount drastically. To have a visual aid, this earthquake's magnitude was 7.3 and Haiti's major earthquake last year was 7.0.

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF0080">-
C
color:#FF0080">a

color:#FF0080">C

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF8000">u
r
color:#FF8000">r

mso-bidi-font-family:Baskerville;color:#FF0080">i
e

I think that a world with out pictures would be horrible and no less than that. No joke I don’t know what I would do. There would be no music and that would be a serious problem for me, I love listening to music. Also there would be no TV or certain apps on a phone. We would not even be able to save memories with friends and family. I am so happy we do have pictures. If we were to not, I wonder if life would have been updated that much. I mean boys & girls wouldn’t have pictures on their walls of their favorite celebrity. I do not even know what I would do without them… I hope I never do…

mso-highlight:aqua">I learned about the Middle Ages Philosophy. I have found that the Middle Ages is very different than now and is also very interesting. EVerything during the Medieval Times was based on their religion, CHristianity. The emperor Constantine is the one that extended legal rights about christianity. Another thing i learned is about Saint Augustine, he was a philosopher & a Church Father. Yeah, the Middle Ages is pretty cool!

Article posted August 22, 2012 at 07:24 PM GMT • comment • Reads 60

I am mostly excited about learning more & more Spanish! For some reason I have always had a 'thing' for Spanish speaking people. It's just crazy how fast they speak! I will also enjoy medieval times because then I can learn their life style and compare it to mine! I like the movie "How To Train Your Dragon" and there are Vikings in that movie... and I love Vikings and they are in medieval times:)!! I am excited for this semester’s PreLang class.

:)<3:D

~KITTY

color:#33C5FF"> 

Article posted March 28, 2012 at 06:36 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 35

The lesson I learned is to not procrastinate on any of your work. Code Orange is a book about a kid named Mitty he finds out that a project was due about a disease. He chooses small pox. During the process of doing the project he opens an envelope and touches what he later finds out is a small pox scab. Then for a while he is obsessing over the fact that he might catch small pox!!! Mitty had been hunt down by terrorist. Just remember don’t procrastinate!!

color:lime"> 

mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";color:lime">  
--Cat:)

The term feudalism is used to designate the social, military, political, and sometimes economic relationships found in western medieval Europe.

was a social system that developed during the period called the Middle Ages in Europe.

Feudalism is the system of political organization prevailing in Europe from the 9th to about the 15th centuries.
The social structure of the Middle Ages was organized round the system of Feudalism. Feudalism in practice meant that the country was not governed by the king but by individual lords, or barons, who administered their own estates, dispensed their own justice, minted their own money, levied taxes and tolls, and demanded military service from vassals.

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 07:53 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 57

I think that Jackie Robinson is a great romodel, because he stood up for what he believed in. I think that because professional athletes are well known that they should act right, and be a good remodel. If you are the kind of person that judges athletes only by their performance, you will never know who they actually are. I think that they should judge them by who they are. Because if they don’t then they are plain old meany bums.

Article posted January 11, 2012 at 07:46 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

In opinion prejudice happens every day, all the time. One example would when someone is jealous of the person, and says harsh words to the other person. When I witness someone acting prejudice it makes feel sad, because I know that they are doing it out of something that someone did to them or too someone that is close to them. I will try my very-berry best to be the exact opposite of prejudice to everyone i meet:) -Cat

My academic goal is to turn work in on time. The way I plan on doing that is getting the work done as soon as I get home from school that day, that way I do not run out of time. This goal should be met by the end of the day. My spiritual goal is to have a strong personal relationship with God. I will reach that goal by reading the bible daily and praying to him whenever there is complication in my life. I would like to have this done by Sunday. My social goal is to have most people like me and want to be friends, I will meet this goal by saying hi to people to make them feel loved.