5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

The best part was the scene with befriending beast eleven. The worst was when I got here and had no idea what a fooney was.

Take that,!

Article posted May 10, 2012 at 07:57 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 40

I think it would be the "Dream Tunnel" because there is a lot of suspense.First of all, they didn't know if they were going to survive. Second of all, they thought for a long minute they were actually going to die.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 09:57 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 36

First of all, the amount of time it takes for someone to change forever is 40 days. I think Joe changed in a negative way because he is not as funny any more.  I think Milo changed in a positive way because he is not biting as many ankles as before.

Article posted April 12, 2012 at 08:06 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 37

I would call it :

Jack and Isadora's

Skreep Scrape

because in it they are always just barely escaping the Skreeps.

My favorite story is The Green Man. My first reason is that it shows a good quality of the human race. This story shows that people can and will change for the better. My least Favorite story is Charles, and is so because it is boring. There is no action! I will die without action! 

I think that the ooman bings will make it because they can shape twigs into snowshoes and walk on the snow when the skreeps will just sink

Article posted February 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 34

Joe: leader

Joe would be the leader because he guides the young ooman bings through their situations without helping too much. He is sort of like a teacher or a mom.

Isadora: idea generator

She was the one to think of relaxing to get inside the veil trees. She got the idea that befriending beast eleven could help them in the long run. My prediction is that beast eleven will protect them from Xaafuun and her colleagues.

Jack:Follower

Jack helps to gather supplies, so he is not a hindrance, but he for the most part follows the others around and never comes up with any great ideas.

Milo: foot pecker

He pecks feet.

I think a mistake they might have made is befriending beast 11. Possibly, beast 11 is fooling them, making them think he is a friend. He will get Jack and Isadora to trust him, then turn on them and kill them. Joe remains skeptical-septical and proceeds to get himself eaten.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 34

My favorite character is Milo the rooster. He has one of the top ranks in my imaginary world's heirarchy;Animals With Attitude.The author makes Milo a soulful, almost human character, even though he's not even classified as a character. He's also the only character I have grown to know. And he's an animal. You know I love animals!