Article posted January 30, 2012 at 06:11 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 435

Mitosis refers to a division of cells. Meiosis on the other hand refers to the division of gametes(sperm or an egg). So it goes diploid to haploid. The difference between Mitosis and Meiosis is that Meiosis is a sexual reproduction of cells and Mitosis is not.

Meiosis is a special type of cell that make gametes with half as many chromosomes. A gamete is a sexual product. The opposite process would be syngamy or fertalization, a new and very different organism that has unique genetic information different from either parent is made. The sygote divides and grown to form an embryo which turns into a young organism.

Mitosis is where chromosomes are copied and split. It starts with prophase. Prophase is when the DNA duplicates. They became exactly the same like a clone. Then theres metophase which is when the DNA duplicates and face eachother. On the opposite sides. Anaphase is next and is when the daughter chromosomes move away from eachother to opposite sides of the cell. Last is telephase and thats where all cells seperate and form nuclei.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 07:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 45

Meiosis and mitosis are kind of alike ways they are alike is both of them create cells, but the difference is that mitosis makes two cells and meiosis only make four cells. Both of them pass on DNA to the cells they have made. The meiosis cells have different DNA but the mitosis made cells have the same DNA. That is differences of the two.

The steps of dividing/multipling are:

Interphase: They DNA copies each other then the cell splits

Prophase:The nucleolus starts to fades. The nucleolus then starts to meet into chromosomes.

Prometaphase: This stage is where the nucleolus envelopes break down. This stage is when the proteins are being put together and where the two daughter cells are located.

Metaphase: Tension to the spindle fibers aligns all the chromosomes in one place at the middle of the cell.

Anaphase: The spindles fibers have been shorten and the two daughter cells are being ripped apart. They later travel to the cell pole.

Telophase: The daughter get to the cell pole and the spindle fibers that ripped the daughter cells apart are gone.

Cytokinesis: The spindle fibers start to break down. Contactile ring sticks the cell in two daughter cells. Next the newly made cytoskeleton is being recognized while the microtubules will return to the interphase stage later in the cell cycle.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 05:43 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 35

Cells divide/multiply using a large array of steps. First the chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes. Next the genetic material in the nucleus of the cell begins to thicken and shorten. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a sort of 'x'. Then the 'x's line up at the center of the cell. Then the copies separate, and each copy of the chromosomes are moved to either side of the cell towards each nuclei. To finish up the cell division the cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in 2.

Interphase: The busiest stage where the cell is preparing for the division.

Prophase: The chromosome makes an exact copy of itself. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a kind of 'x'.

Metaphase: the nuclei move to either side of the cell and the chromosome 'x's move to the center while the DNA fibers are shortening and thickening and separated evenly to each side of the cell.

Anaphase: The 'x' split up and both the chromosomes and the DNA fibers split to either side of the cell.

Telophase: The cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in two.

This is the prosess of mitosis:

The growing part of a mitosis is the longest period. During the cell cycle the DNA duplicates, and the protiens are producing. The cells will also grow in size. This is the first step called the interphase.

in the interphase the cells start to duplicate which then makes 2 cells during this stage the proteins are made.

in order produce the 2 sister cells the DNA in the cell MUST also be multiplyed. This occures in the synthesis phase. The chromosome splits into two twin chromosomes.The cell mom tells the daughters that they need to live.

These are the steps indevidualy (much better):

Interphase: the longest period . The DNA duplicates and the cell divide.

Prophase: In this stage the nucleolus starts to fades. The nucleolus then starts to meet together into the new chromosomes.

Prometaphase:The nucleolus envelopes break down. This stage is where the protein is mixed together and the 2 sister cells apear.

Metaphase: preasure is applied by the spindle fibers align all chromosomes in one plane at the core of the cell.

Anaphase: The spindles fibers are minimised and the 2 daughter cells are torn apart. they then travel to the cell pole.

Telophase: The daughter cells get to the cell pole and the spindle fibers that pulled the sister cells apart go away.

Cytokinesis: Contactile ring pryes the cell into 2 daughter cells. Then the new cytoskeleton is reorgonize by the microtubules and then they are returned to the interphase stage.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

1 How do cells divide? If a cell splits in half to become two cells how are both those able to work?

A1 The cell's chromosomes doubles themselves, then both of them move to differnt cell walls. The cell elongates and it's plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits! The cell divides and creates two twin cells. Those twin cells are able to work because the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2 Write a brief description of what is happening at each of the seven stages of cell division starting with Interphase.

A2: 1. Interphase- This is the longest part of the complete cell cycle. The cell is very active while the DNA replicates, centrioles divide, and proteins are being made.

2 Prophase- During the first stage of mitosis, the nucleolus fades and replicated (copied) DNA and associated proteins, also called the chromatin, condenses into the chromosomes. Each one of these chromosomes has two chromatids, all of those chromatids have the same genetic information. The microtubules of the cytoskeleton also disassemble.

3 Prometaphase- the nuclear envelope collapses in this stage so there is no longer a recognizable nucleus. Some spindle fibers connect to chromosomes, but others elongate and and overlap each other at the cell center.

4 Metaphase- Tension applied by the spindle fibers aligns all chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

5 Anaphase- Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the daughter chromosomes, also called chromatids, are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

6 Telophase- The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers that have pulled them apart disappear.

7 Cytokinesis- the spindle fibers that didn't attach themeselves to chromosomes start breaking down until only a small portion of the overlap is left. Also in this region, a contractile ring finally separates the cell into two sister cells. Microtubules in both of those cells then reorganize themselves into a new cytoskeleton for the return of cell interphase.

Q1: chromosomes duplicate themselves. Then both of them move to the opposite cell walls. The cello elongated and it's plasma membrane grows inward, and the cell splits. The cell divides and creates two sister cells. Those cells are able to work because of the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2 Interphase is the longest period of the complete cell cycle during which DNA replicates, the centrioles divide, and proteins are actively produced.

Prophase: During this first mitotic stage, the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromosomes. Each chromosome comprises two chromatids.Microtubules of the cytoskeleton disassemble.

In the Prometaphase stage the nuclear envelope breaks

down and there is no longer a nucleous. Some mitotic spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach to kinetochores, protein bundles at the centromere region on the chromosomes where sister chromatids are joined. Other spindle fibers elongate but instead of attaching to chromosomes, overlap each other at the cell center.

Anaphase: Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the chromatids (daughter chromosomes) are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

Telophase: The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers disappear.

Cytokinesis: The spindle fibers begin breaking down until only that portion of overlap is left. It is in this region that a contractile ring cleaves the cell into two daughter cells. Microtubules then reorganize into a new cytoskeleton for the return to interphase.

Difference between mitosis and meiosis: Mitosis splits apart to become two different cells. Meiosis is a lot like making babies. It comes together instead of spliiting and in the last phase it creates 2 babies then in the metaphase it creates 4 daughter cells.

During the last few weeks my fellow classmates and I have been learning about cells. One of the thing we learned is mitosis. Mitosis is when a cell splits into two. When the eukaryotic cell split it's chromosomes in its neucleus into two identical sets into separate neuclei. The next stage is called

cytokinesis it's when the components of the cell split into two cells containing nearly the same amount of cell components, then eventually those two diploid cells will mature into cells.Mitosis is a process which ocurrs very quickly. If there is any error during mitosis the cell my die or mutate into a type of cancer.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 06:00 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

I learned that Mitotis refers to the division of cells and Meiosis refers to the division of gametes (reproductive cells). Their similarities are they both have cytokinesis (the division of the cytoplasm of a cell following the division of the nucleus) that occurs during telophase (the final stage of Meiosis). Both use spindle fibers to separate the chromatids from each other. Mitosis and Meisosis only occur in eukaryotic cells.

How do cells divide?

The 6,000 million letters of DNA code in your cells are coiled up as 46 bundles- chromosone. Before a cell can divide, it must unravel it's chromosone and copy all it's DNA, so that each new cell will het a complete copy.

The seven stages of Mitosis-

1. Interphase- this is the longest period of the cell splitting cycle. DNA replicates, the centrioles divide and protiens produced.

2. Prophase- During this stage the nucleus fades and chromatin turns into chromosomes. Each replicated chromosomes sacrifices two chromatids. Microtubules of cytoskeleton disassemble.

3. Pro-metaphase-the nucleus goes away and some of of the mitotic spindle fibers elongate.

4. Metaphase- Tension from the spindle fibers align the chromosomes to one plane at the cells center.

5. Anaphase- Spindle fibers shorten the kinetochores separate and the chromatids are pulled apart and begin moving.

6. Telophase- The "daughter" chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers dissapear.

7. Cytokinesis- The spindle fibers not attached to the chromosomes begin breaking down until only some overlap is left. It is in this overlap that a ring cleaves the cell into two daughter cells. Microtubules then reorganize into a new cell shape so now the cell can make a new Mitosis cycle.

Here's a video of Meiosis!

[LINK]

Article posted March 30, 2012 at 09:05 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

the steps of mitoses is first interphase cells usually dont look active in this stage this is the longest cell cycle, prophase is next the nucleas fades and condenses into chromosones. promophase is when nuclear envelope breaks the metaphase is when the tension fibers slighn all chromosones. the anaphase makes the spindle fibers shorten. telophase is the daughter of all chromosones arrive at the poles the last step is cakotinesis is the spindle fiber are not attached to chromosones begin breaking down

Q1. Chromisomes duplicates themselves. Then both of them move to the opposite cell walls. The cell elongates and its plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits. The cell divides and creates two sister cells. Those cells are able to work because the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2. Interphase: Is the longest period of the complete cell cycle during which the DNA replicates, the centrioles divide, and the protiens are actively produced.

Prophase: During the first mitotic stage, the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromosomes. Each chromosome comprises two chromatids. Microtubules of a cytoskleton disosemble.

Prometaphase: The nuclear envelope breaks down and there is no longer a reconizable nucleus. Some mitotic spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach tp kinetochores, protein bundles at the centromere region on the chromosomes where sister chromatids are joined.

Metaphase: The tension applied by spindle fibers aligns chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Anaphase: Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores seperate, and the chromatids are pulled apat and begin moving to the cell poles.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 06:05 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 52

Mitosis slpits apart and becomes two different cells. Meiosis comes together instead of splitting. In the metaphase it creates 4 daughter cells. That is the difference between Mitosis and Meiosis!

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 02:58 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

The steps of dividing/multipling are:

For more info visit, [LINK]

1. The growing part of the mitosis is the longest period of all. During the cell cycle the DNA duplicates and divided, and the proteins are being produced. The cells will also be growing in size.This is the first step which is called the interphase.

2. During the interphase the cells are starting to divide which then splits into to 2 sister cells during this stage the proteins are being made.

3. To produce the 2 sister cells the DNA instructions in the cell MUST be duplicated. This situation occured in the synthesis phrase. The chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes.The cells mother give the daughter cells all they need to survive.

The cells are able to split into 2 cells and are the same exact cells due to the chromosome makes the EXACT duplicates of themself.

Interphase: the longest and the busiest period of the stage. The DNA duplicates and the cells are dividing.

Prophase: In this stage the nucleolus starts to fades. The nucleolus then strats to meet together into chromosomes.

Prometaphase: This stage is where the nucleolus envelopes break down. This stage is where the proteins are being mixed together and where the 2 sister cells are at.

Metaphase: Tension applied by the spindle fibers aligns all chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Anaphase: The spindles fibers are shorten and the 2 daughter cells are being torn apart. they then later travel towards the cell pole.

Telophase: The daughter cells arrive at the cell pole and the spindle fibers that pulled the sister cells apart dissappeared.

Cytokinesis: The spindle fibers begin to break down. Contactile ring cleaves the cell into 2 daughter cells. Then the new cytoskeleton are being reorgonize bu the microtubules and then they are later return to the interphase stage of the the Cell Cycle.

Q1: How do cells divide? If a cell splits in half to become two cells how are both those able to work?

A1: The cell's chromosomes duplicate themselves, then both of them move to opposite cell walls. The cell elongates and it's plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits! The cell divides and creates two sister cells. Those sister cells are able to work because the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2: Write a brief description of what is happening at each of the seven stages of cell division starting with Interphase.

2. Prophase- During the first stage of mitosis, the nucleolus fades and replicated (copied) DNA and associated proteins, also called the chromatin, condenses into the chromosomes. Each one of these chromosomes has two chromatids, and all of those chromatids have the same genetic information. The microtubules of the cytoskeleton also disassemble.

3. Prometaphase- the nuclear envelope collapses in this stage so there is no longer a recognizable nucleus. Some spindle fibers connect to chromosomes, but others elongate and and overlap each other at the cell center.

4. Metaphase- Tension applied by the spindle fibers aligns all chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

5. Anaphase- Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the daughter chromosomes, also called chromatids, are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

6. Telophase- The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers that have pulled them apart disappear.

7. Cytokinesis- the spindle fibers that didn't attach themselves to chromosomes start breaking down until only a small portion of the overlap is left. Also in this region, a contractile ring finally separates the cell into two sister cells. Microtubules in both of those cells then reorganize themselves into a new cytoskeleton for the return of cell interphase.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 05:45 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 44

Although meiosis and mitosis kind of sound the same they have various differences, but they also have a few similarities. They both create more cells, but meiosis creates four cells, as opposed to the two that mitosis creates. They both also pass on DNA to cells they create, but the cells created by mitosis have the same exact DNA, while the cells created by meiosis all have different DNA.

How do cells grow? Chromosomes duplicate themselves, then both of them move to opposite cell walls. The cell elongated and the plasma membran grows inward, then the cell splits. The cell divides and creates two sister cells which have everything they need from their mother cell.

These are the phases that take place when cells repair,grow,multiply,and divide.

1.Interphase: Cells may appear inactive during this stage, but they are quite the opposite. This is the longest period of the complete cell cycle during which DNA replicates, the centrioles divide, and proteins are actively produced.

2.Prophase: During this first mitotic stage, the nucleolus fades and chromatin (replicated DNA and associated proteins) condenses into chromosomes. Each replicated chromosome comprises two chromatids, both with the same genetic information. Microtubules of the cytoskeleton, responsible for cell shape, motility and attachment to other cells during interphase, disassemble. And the building blocks of these microtubules are used to grow the mitotic spindle from the region of the centrosomes.

3.Metaphase: Tension applied by the spindle fibers aligns all chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

4.Anaphase: Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the chromatids (daughter chromosomes) are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

5.Telophase: The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers that have pulled them apart disappear.

6.Cytokinesis: The spindle fibers not attached to chromosomes begin breaking down until only that portion of overlap is left. It is in this region that a contractile ring cleaves the cell into two daughter cells. Microtubules then reorganize into a new cytoskeleton for the return to interphase.

The chromosomes split apart and create two cells inside one and then the cell splits to create two.

The steps of dividing/multipling are:

Q1: the cromosomes duplicate, then they both seperate and move to the seperate side of walls. The cells elongates, then its plasma membrane grow in. The cell then divides into two sister cells. ThOse cells are able to produce because thier mother is able to give them what they need to survive.

Q2:1- Interphase- In this stage, simply it is the stage were the cromosomes are preparing to split apart. The cell is very active where the the DNA replicates, and the protiens are being made.

2- Prophase- In the first stage of mitosis, the nucleous starts to fadel and proteins and chromotain, condenses into the chromosomes. Each has two chromatids, they have the same gennetic onfo.

3- Metaphase-Tension applied by the spindle fibers aligns all chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

4- Anaphase: Spindle fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the chromatids (daughter chromosomes) are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

5- Telophase: The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers that have pulled them apart disappear.

6- Cytokinesis: the spindle fibers that are not connected to that cromosomes they make it so only that one is overlapping.

Simply, mitosis splits apart to be ome two different celss. Meiosis kinda like makes babies. It come together instead of spliiting and in the last phase it creates 2 babies the in the meta phase it creates 4 daughter cells.

Article posted February 4, 2012 at 08:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 38

chromisomes duplicate them selves. both of them move to the oposite side of of the cell wall. the cell elongates and its plasma membrane grows in ward. then after after the cell splits in half, the cell divides and creates two sister cells. thoose cells are able to work because, the mom cell provides everything they need to produce and survive.

Interface: this is the longest period of the complete cell cycle during, witch the dna replicates the centrioles divide and the protiens are actively produced.

Prophase:(first mitic stage) the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromesomes, each chromesome comprises two chromatids. microtubules of a cytoskelton disosemble

Prometaphase: nuclear envelope breaks down and there is no longer a reconizable nucleus some mitotic spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach to kinetochores. protien bundles at the centromere region, on the chromosomes where sister chromatids are joined.

Metaphase: the tenshion applied by spindle fibers aligins chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Anaphase: spindle fibers shorten the kinetochores seperate, the chromatids are pulled apart and begin moving to the cell poles.

Cell Mitosis:

1- Cells divide/multiply using a large array of steps. First the chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes. Next the genetic material in the nucleus of the cell begins to thicken and shorten. The chromosome copies are held together at their centers so they form a sort of 'x'. Then the 'x's line up at the center of the cell. Then the copies separate, and each copy of the chromosomes are moved to either side of the cell towards each nuclei. To finish up the cell division the cytoplasm pinches at the center of the cell-dividing it in 2.

2-

Metaphase: the nuclei move to either side of the cell and the chromosome 'x's move to the center while the DNA fibers are shortening and thickening and seperated evenly to each side of the cell.

Q1. Chromisomes duplicates each other. Then both of them move to the opposite cell walls. The cell expands and its plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits. The cell divides and creates two sister cells. Those cells are able to work becase the mother cell gives them everything they need to produce and survive.

Q2. Interphase: Is the longest perod of the complte cell cycle during which the DNA replicates, the centrioles divide, and the protiens are actively produced.

Prophase: During the first mitotic stage, the nucleolus fades and condenses into chromosomes. Each chromosome comprises two chromatids. Microtubules of a cytoskleton

Prometaphase: The nucler envelope breaks down and there is no longer a nucleus that you can recognize. Some mitotc spindle fibers elongate from the centrosomes and attach tp kinetochores, protein bunches at the centromer region on the chromosoms where sister chromatids are joined.

Metphase: The tension applied by spindle fibers aligns chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

Mitosis refers to a division of cells. Meiosis on the other hand is to the division of gametes. So it goes diploid to haploid. The difference between Mitosis and Meiosis is that Meiosis is a sexual reproduction of cells and Mitosis is not.

Meiosis is a unique type of cell that mak gametes with not as many chromosomes. The opposita process would be syngamy or fertalization, a very different organism that has unique difrent ither parent is made. The sygote divides and grown to form an embryo which turns into a young organism.

Mitosis is where chromosomes are copied and split. It starts with prophase. Prophase is when the DNA duplicates. They became exactly the same like a copy in. eres metophase which is when the DNA duplicates and face eachother. On the opposite sides. Anaphase is next and is when the daughter chromosomes move away from eachother to opposite sides of the cell. Last is telephase and thats where all cells split to form nuclei.

Cells growth refers to the population of a number of cells, the population grows by the cells using mitosis, mitosis happens when the inside of the cell copies the chromosomes and then divides itself into two separate cells. Which is how they multiply.

Now let's say that you cut your finger on a cheese grater, you have probably damages a few cells. but how does this get better? Well most cells don't repair themselves they use lysosomes to kill themselves and the the body makes new cells by copying the chromosomes in the cell and the splits the apart making two similar cells. Which then eventually fixes the cut.

Meiosis is when two organisms reproduce and two cells meet and make a copy of itself, the cell then has four pairs of different pieces of each organism, then the cells begin to split and multiply with a stage that is similar to mitosis, then you have an organism.

The difference between mitosis and meiosis is that mitosis is when a cell can multiply without sexual reproduction, and meiosis is when you take two cells which will sexually reproduce and make a copy of the two.

the steps of mitoses is first interphase cells usually dont look active in this stage this is the longest cell cycle, prophase is next the nucleas fades and condenses into chromosones. promophase is when nuclear envelope breaks the metaphase is when the tension fibers slighn all chromosones. the anaphase makes the spindle fibers shorten. telophase is the daughter of all chromosones arrive at the poles the last step is cakotinesis is the spindle fiber are not attached to chromosones begin breaking down.

Mitosis produces two daughter cells that are identical to the parent cell. If the parent cell is haploid (N), then the daughter cells will be haploid. If the parent cell is diploid, the daughter cells will also be diploid. This type of cell division allows multicellular organisms to grow and repair damaged tissue.

1. Interphase

-Chromosomes are not visible because they are uncoiled

2. Prophase

-The chromosomes coil.

-The nuclear membrane disintegrates.

-Spindle fibers (microtubles) form.

-The drawing shows a cell with 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 2 chromatids for a total of 16 chromatids.

3. Metaphase

-The chromosomes become aligned.

4. Anaphase

-The chromatids separate; the number of chromosomes doubles.

-The drawing shows a cell with 16 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 1 chromatid for a total of 16 chromatids.

5. Telophase

-The cell divides into two.

-The chromosomes uncoil.

-The nucleus reforms.

-The spindle apparataus disassembles.

6. G1 Interphase

-The chromosomes have one chromatid.

-The drawing shows two cells. Each cell has 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 1 chromatid for a total of 8 chromatids per cell.

7. G2 Interphase

-The chromosomes have two chromatids each.

-The drawing shows two cells. Each cell has 8 chromosomes. Each chromosome has 2 chromatids for a total of 16 chromatids per cell.

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 08:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 140

Q1:Cells divide/multiply using a lot of steps. First the chromosome splits into two identical chromosomes. Next the genetic material in the nucleus of the cell begins to thicken

& shorten. The chromosome copies are held together at the center. Then line up at the center of the cell. Then the copies separate, and each copy of the chromosomes are moved to either side of the cell towards each nuclei.

Q2:Interphase- this is the stage were the cromosomes are preparing to divid. The cell is very active where the the DNA replicates, and the protiens are being made.

Prophase- In the first stage of mitosis, the nucleous starts to fadel and proteins and chromotain, condenses into the chromosomes. Each has two chromatids, they have the same gennetic onfo.

Preprphase- The nuclear membrane disintegrates, and microtubules have invaded the nuclear space. These microtubules can attach to kinetochores or they can interact with opposing microtubules.

Metaphase-The chromosomes align at the metaphase plate.

Anaphase: The chromosomes split and the kinetochore microtubules shorten.

Telophase: The daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles and the spindle fibers that have pulled them apart disappear.

Cytokinesis: the spindle fibers that are not connected to that cromosomes they make it so only that one is overlapping.

Q3:Alike- Both mitosis and meiosis are nuclear division. Different- Meiosis ONLY involved in reproduction cell/gametes while mitosis involves in somatic cells. Mitosis will produce 2 daughter cells with SAME chromosomal number (2n/diploid) as the parent cell while in meiosis, 4 daughter cells will be produced with half of the chromosomal number of parent cell. Mitosis - (prophase,metaphase,anaphase,telophase)

Meiosis - (prophase 1, metaphase 1, anaphase 1, telophase 1, prophase 2, metaphase 2, anaphase 2, telophase 2).

Q1) how do cells divid and if a cells splits in half to become two cells how are both able to work?

1:the cells chromosomes duplicates itself, then both of them move apart and go to each and of the cell wall. The cell elongated and it's plasma membrane grows inward, then the cell splits into two. The cell divide ( comely know as sister cells). Those (sister cells) are able to work because the first cells gives them everything need to produce and survive.

Q2) write a brief description of what is happening at each of the seven stages of cell division starting with interphase.

1. interphase: this is the most time consuming part of the cell cycle. The cell is very active while the DNA copies, centrioles divid and proteins are being made.

2. Prophase: during the first stage of mitosis, the nucleus copies the DNA, associated proteins. Each one of the chromosomes has two chromatids, and all chromatids have the same genetic.

3. Pro-metaphase: in this stage the nucleus is no longer recognizable because of the nuclear envelope collapses.

4. Metaphase: when tension is applied by the fibers,they align all the chromosomes in one plane at the center of the cell.

5. Anaphase: the fibers shorten, the kinetochores separate, and the knew cells also called chromatids are pulled apart and begin moving to opposite sides.

6. Telophase: the know cells arrive at the poles and the fibers that have pulled them apart go away for good.

7. Cytokinesis: the fibers that weren't attached to the cell, start to breakdown until there is only a small part of them is still remaining. After the two cells reorganize themselves into a new cytoskeleton for the return of cells.