What I would define living is something that can breathe or that grows old. Another way I would describe something that's living is something that can die.

What really is living? Living things have to be able to breath, eat, sleep, grow, die, and reproduce like humans and every other animals.

In my opinion living is if it breaths, if it multiplies, if it moves, if it has cells, has blood and if it metabolizes food then it is a lilting organism.

Well, what qualities confirms that something is alive? In my opinion something that can repopulate is alive. If it can die then it was once alive. If it can breathe, consume, and if it can grow old it is alive.

I think living is being smart, changing to survive, being able to die, and using energy. that's what I think living is.

I think the rules to living is if it breaths, grows, If it can move, and if it can breed. Also if it has cells(: thanks for reading Please comment!

Living means to have a life cycle to consume food to breathe, grow, and excrete waste. Here are some example of living organisms a tree, cell, potato, leaf, butterfly, grass, and bacteria.

In my opinion, living is anything that breathes, has cells, has a reproductive system, consumes food, and has origins (heart, brain) .

Mr.G asked us if this was living or not. We decided judging from this picture that it was living because of the fact that it looks like they're hatching. We also saw them move. Before we looked at them under a microscope they just looked like tiny little things floating around in the liquid, then we looked at them closer. We think there living what do you think? Living or Not?Substance E

Is it living? Well, my class took 5 vials and put yeast, red sand, orbies, radishes, and brine in them. We waited a couple days and then recorded the data in our notebooks. After about 72 hours we found that none of the substances had any change except for the pink orbies and the radishes that had begun to sprout into life. My team realized that the only substances that were alive were the radishes and the brine. The radishes were alive because they began to sprout and the brine was alive because it is eggs that will eventually hatch.

We have discovered that most of all living things have the same characteristics.....Such as breathing, Growing, reproduction, and we all eventually die:( we discovered today that.

Living things have to breath, be able to grow, metabolizing food, they can repreduce, if it can move, and if they have cells.

Anything human like that can grow, breathe, eat, reproduce, move, and has a life cycle

Living things have to grow. For example, all animals grow. All living things have to consume some type of food. Also, living things have to go through some type of a live cycle. That means they will have to die somehow. All living things have to be born, then living and lastly, they die. Living things have to breath. Some living things may not breath the same air that we do, but they still breath. For example trees breath in carbon dioxide. Living things have movements. All living things eat and they have to take it out of their body/system somehow. That means all living things have to "poop".

To be actually be alive you have to be able to do certain things. Some of those things are being able to grow, being able to breathe and being able to move without any help from something else. To be alive you also have to be able to metabolize food and reproduce, but you also have to be able to die. These are the factors of a living thing!

Living are thing that;

Things that breathe.

Things that grow.

Things that consume some kind of food.

Things that die eventually.

I think for something to be living, it has to reproduce, metabolize food, grow, move, have blood and organs, and adapt or react to changing environment.

The things i think makes a living thing is if it has a life cycle and a reperduction stage, if it can eat and has a digestive part of its body, moving and also breathing.

The characteristics plants and beings need to be living are:

First are they an animal.

Can they reproduce

Are they able move and breath

Are they able to metabolize, consum food.

I think it is living when it breathes, eats and grows.

When something or someone is living they must have certain needs/characteristics in order to be living.  Most living things need: water, food, and oxygen.  Characteristics include: reproduction, death, and growth.  For example, a plant needs nutrients which come from the sun, soil, and water which is considered food and water.  They need oxygen to produce sugar and energy which helps with functions of growth such as photosynthesis.  Plants do die and some plants or weeds reproduce, but not in the way that animals would.  Wind carries seeds from the plant to areas of soil which then grow there so it is not really considered reproduction but is somewhat similar.  In our lab we used 5 different vials and put certain materials/things into the vials.  This was the manipulated variable. Certain amounts of liquid into each vile, some the same amount. there were 3 different liquids: water, salt water, and sugar water.  each table team was given a different liquid, a few had the same liquid.  We let the liquid sit in the vials and over time we recorded the effects on the materials and detemined if they were living or nonliving.  We also determined which materials were affected more in each liquid enviorment.  Certain materials reacted more in one liquid than it would in another.  If the characteristics/needs match what living is then it was considered living. 

A living thing has to be many things. To determine if something is a living thing it has to be plant animal or human. It must eat, breathe, move, grow, die, reproduce or waste. When we do work in class I use these "rules" to consider if something is living or has lived. Some things that are living that most people don't know about is a cell is living, a mushroom and potato is living. Learning about what is living and what is not actually really interesting and I enjoy it very much.

What is living? Living is when it either grows, reproduces, breathes, eats and drinks or produces waste. For example a boy drinks eats breathes reproduces and grows. A plant drinks water it breathes in carbon dioxide and gives out oxygen. A plant also reproduces and grows. There is examples for living things.

Living things. So many of them. There are many different characteristics of living things. Living things breath, move, reproduce, grow, eat food and have cells. I'm living. Did you know a rocking horse was once living because it was made from a tree? I know! Weird right!? Living things. So many many things are living. Today we also debated whether a seed is living. It is, it's kind of like a bear in hibernation.

You see that picture below? What do you think it is? Do you think it's living? I do. For one, it's smells nasty. It also comes out of the black eggs. My partner Heidi and I watched them hatch. They look like minature shrimp. I just found out that they were Sea Monkeys! At first, we had absolutly no idea what they were. We wern't even able to tell that they were living. After we saw them under the microscope, e found that they were alive. We were able to watch them hatch. It turns out there are many ways to tell if they're living. If they can hatch, they are definatly living. We were able to hatch them in sugar water and yeast. Odd right? They wern't supposed to hatch, but, they did. Odd creatures Sea Monkeys are.Sea Monkeys!!

Things I consider living must go through some type of lifecycle, which should in clude, birth, growth, reproducing and eventually die.

To be considered a living thing, certain traits have to be included in the organism. Such as needing sunlight and nutrients(food), respiration, movement and the ability to reproduce. For example, a hippo is living because it eats, it breathes, it moves, and it has the ability to reproduce babies. Apple juice is not alive because, it doesn't need food.. It is food.. It doesn't breathe, it doesn't move and cannot reproduce other juices..

For me, defining things that live could be movement, pulse, breathing, multiplying.

Movement, such as the rise and fall of the chest of a dog, or-possibly- the splashing of a mermaids tail.:)

Pulse, the heart beat of a person you might hug, or even checking to see if a persons alive, the steady beat like a drum thriving in the veins of a panicking dove, held in your hands as you pet it's delicate soft chest with the back of your pointer finger.

Breathing, maybe the ragged breath of a bear when it's devouring the pray it took so long to catch, or the sneeze of you new kittin you got for your birthday, and the opening and closing of the gills of a fish, begging to be in the water again after a struggling catch.

Multiplying, such as rabbits that are in a cage together of the opposite sex. Rats that constantly kreep in the walls of your house, leaving waist everywhere and when they die, leaving the retchid gag-worthy smell. Flowers, even. Multiplying with the seed capsules that they release in the wind.

All of these sighns let me know that these things are living.

Well I know there are some people out there who are lonely and need to talk to SOMETHING,but if you talk to a Teddy bear or a rock people will think that you are crazy....why you may ask?

Well that's because a inanimate object is'nt living.

But how can you tell when something is living?

Well living things need to be able to consume food for energy,and they need to help their enviroment in some way.

Trees for example consume carbon and emit oxygen,eating and help their environment. Living things can reproduce or in other words make more of them,trees have saplings and cats have kittens,no matter what kind of being it is, if it's living it has baby's and babies grow to the adult size, so living things grow too.

And since all living things are born all living things must die eventually whether it's in s hundred years or in thirty all things living die.

So in conclusion all living things; eat, create, reproduce, grow,and die. That is how you can tell if your Teddy bear is living.

Living. There is so many different ways to describe what living is and everyone has a different view. Living could be living life to the fullest or something that breathe's and eats. Well here's my idea of what living is. I think the meaning living has certain characteristics. For example it has to eat, drink, move/grow, and breathe. This could be a person, plant, animal, or bug.

Living things are alive like humans, animals and other kinds. Living things have to have water, food, they breath. They all grow die and reproduce.

I think Living things have to have a live cycle, they have to grow. They have to be born they have to die. They have to breath even though some living things don't breath O2 (oxygen) like we do trees breath in CO2 (carbon dioxide) and let out O2 (oxygen) for us to breath. Some Living thinks move. They have to eat and they have to poop.

To be considered a living thing there are different trates that have to be included. Such as reproduction, all thing that are living reproduct in there own way. Living things also have to breath, produse waist, die & eat. A major thing is movement, a tree may not look like it movest very much but it dose,(not beacuse or wind) it moves tward the sun slowly butit gets there.