Copyright (c) 2014 by NL B DOG Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
NL B DOG -- Blogmeister

Miss Mills 2011-2012

Home to Miss Mills, Grace B, Justin B, Abigail C, Zackari C, Jared D, Dakota G, Hannah K, Nicholas L, Erin M, Carter N, Hannah N, Sarah P, Noah R, Sophia S, Cameron S, Caitlyn S, Daniel S, Erika V, Caleb V, Olivia W, Davis W, Margaret W, and Bre'Elle C!

We're a fifth grade class from McNamara Elementary School in Baldwinsville, New York. Baldwinsville is located just outside of Syracuse. Have fun bloggin'!

by NL B DOG

teacher: Courtney Mills

fiction 06/14/12
Alamo 02/06/12
Alamo 12/13/11
5 things about B DOG 12/01/11

One day a boy named John came to town. He is eager to take flight lessons but the school bully Bob wont let him in.
">What will happen next.

Dear Readers,

My story is based on a battle of independence.  It's when settlers from America came to Texas that was originally owned by Mexico.  Settlers wanted to break Texas away from Mexico, but Santa Anna refused to give Texas independence.  There were Mexicans that agreed to help the texans fight for independence.  They say that Santa Anna is much harder on them.  They hate all of his rules.  They fought at the Alamo, a decomissioned Spanish fort.  The battle lasted for days, but all the people in the Alamo lost their lives.  This book is good because it lets you know about the lives lost and the men that fought for their lives.  They were great people!

Nick

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 35

Dear Miss Mills,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                My favorite book is called The Battle of the Alamo.  It is about a time when Texas fought against Mexico for freedom.  The Alamo was a fort that was actually made near the border to protect again attacks.  The Mexicans tried to get in by using ladders to climb over the 12 foot tall walls.  When the Mexicans got in, the Texans were attacked even sick in their beds.  The Mexicans held no survivors and killed everybody except the women and children.  The Mexicans won the war.

I thought this book was fascinating because they fought for days and days and days.  So many men risked their lives to separate from Mexico.  The Alamo was so big that I cannot believe that the Mexicans got in.  I am relieved that they did not kill the woman and children.  Texas later became a state of the United States of America.  I was even born there!

Sincerely,

Nick

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 03:15 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 33

I like pizza.

I play lots of video games.

I love snowmobiles.

I go a lot of places.

I had a dog named jazzmen