-

by teacher: Ms. A. McKay
Get Ya HeAd In The Game! 05/03/12
Suessical 05/02/12
Pink Shirt Day 04/02/12
Smoking 03/26/12
Stop The R-word 03/01/12
Going To Mexico 02/16/12
Animal Testing 02/09/12
Ecological Footprint 02/02/12
My Intrestes! 01/27/12
Animals 01/25/12
Hatchet 01/18/12
Christmas Geusts 12/23/11
My Birthday 12/20/11
The Fun Therory 12/08/11
Slow Mo Videos 11/30/11
Dog 11/23/11

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Wow! People at school are really getting into the sport seson now. I am trying to. The most popular sport right now is baseball. It is so much almost everyone in our class is playing and also bringing their ball gloves. I also have dance competition on Saturday. This is the first time my dad gets to see me dance. I am so happy about that. Please comment of what's your favorite sport. Mine are: dance,basketball,swimming, and softball.

SUESSICAL

On April 4th. My class went to a play called Suessical. At the Conexus Art Center put on by “Do It With Class!” It was based on a lot of Dr.Suess’s books. There were three main books. They were, Horton Hatches An Egg, Horton Hears A Who, and, Gertrude Mick Fuzz. All mashed in to a 2hour play.

I loved Suessical! Why? You ask? Because the mad it seem like it was one whole book. I also love his books! It was really entertaining. I was so excited to see the play. It was always a surprise what they did next in the play.

I thought everybody was such a good fit for all of his or her characters. Their costumes kind of looked like animals kind of not. I liked that though. They were always nice and clear when they talked. They had lots of energy when they were on stage.

I thought the settings were perfect for each scene. It was also cool how the brought and took of the props. The lights were really cool. At the begging they turned of all the side lights so it was easier to see the stage. They really did not wear makeup. I liked that. Because you got to see the actual peoples faces instead of all this makeup. I liked that.

The audience was really interested. And the crowd was pretty quiet well the play was on. I loved the play I thought it was very entertaining. My favorite was the monkeys. Also how the Cat And The Hat’s hat was sitting on stage well people were coming in and sitting down. Seuss, Seuss , Seuss , Seuss!

What did you learn about Pink Shirt Day that you didn't know before?

Well first of all I did not know that there was such thing as Pink Shirt Day! I also learned that Pink Shirt Day is on April 4th. Its pretty cool!

Did you have any connections to anything you read today that you would like to share?

Well I do not have any connections. But I have friends who have been badly bullied. And if I was bullied i am sure i would feel really really upset. Like my friends were when the got bullied.

In Saskatchewan, Pink Shirt Day is on April 4th. It is a way to raise awareness about bullying in schools, homes, workplaces and on the Internet.

Please take a few minutes to look at some of the information on the following website. Pay particular attention to the news articles (scroll down on the main page) and to the articles (under "resources" on the main page) to find important information on this day and why people all across Canada participate.

[LINK]

On your blog, please answer the following questions:

Please remember to copy out the questions and answer in complete sentences. Proofread your work before submitting it.

What do you think needs to be done in schools to stop bullying?

I think all schools should have a respect ed team like our school. To hold the days like the one were if you did a random act of kindness you would get candy. Why should they have respect ed teams to tell kids how far bullies go and how much it hurts people. Because I do not think some kids get what bullies really do they think they just do the things they see on telivison.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[LINK]

How do you think that you can make a difference?

I think I can make a difference by. If someone is getting bullied instead of just standing there or walking away. Go and say hey you know like there is no way you should be bulling people.

Facts about smoking!

1.It is bad for you.

2.It is cancer causing.

3.It costs lots of money to buy cigarettes and lighters.

4.If you are pregnant you can kill your baby.

5.IT can even hurt the people around you

opinions about smoking.

1.Smoking relaxes you.

2.Smokes are cheep.

3.Its easy to quit smoking.

4.Smokes are not bad.

5.Smokes are the best thing to be invented.

1. I learend how the R-word can hurt so much people with such a little word. I do not use the R-word but people who do should stop useing the word. Because it can hurt anybody.

2.Yes and no because i never used the R-word to begin with. But it will stop me from saying things that will hurt people. And i will act with respect to anyone.

3. I think it is very important. Because people do not relize how much that word hurts people. More than people will ever under stand. So if you use that word pleas pleas stop!

4. I think our class could make posters and stuff like that that explains all of this. We maybee even could hold an aessembly to tell the student how sad it is and allso how it hurts people so much. Because i do not think alout of people reilize what they are doing when they use the R-word. I hope you read this and get to whatI am trying to say. So pleas stop useing the R-word. Are class could make a group that meats once a week. And we could talk about how could stop this in our school.

Article posted February 16, 2012 at 03:30 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

On February  21 i will be going on a family trip to Mexico. If you were in my class last year you would maybe remember were i go. But if you were not in my class I am going to Hautuco Mexico. The hotel is Las Brias. My Brother,Mom,and ,Dad are the ones i am going with. My dogs will be going to my aunties house. I will be coming back on the 28 of February and the 29 is the day i will be at school since the 17 of February. I am so excited I already have my bags packed. Well when I am in mexico I will post some pictures on my blog.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 03:47 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 34

My opinion is that they should not be testing medicine,cologne,and makeup.I think this because if they use medicine that does not work and it kills the animal. Its kind of mean to animals. Because animals are living things to.Instead of testing stuff on animals you could use stuff that is like actual skin. So then if there is a reaction it happens on the fake skin instead of killing animals.

I think I can help the earth by walking to places more. Also I could watch tv less, and play more outside. First I will stop eating more and more packaged food. I think it is important to take care of the earth. So we can live on it. And also I will try to recycle more. And  use less electronics.

The End

My interest is lions. I don't know why I just find them so interesting . I even want to go to Africa and see one out of the cages. I feel when they are locked up its like they are in jail! I want to touch a lion it would be so awesome to see what they feel like. Someone else in the classroom  shares the same interests as me. If lions did not eat people and you could have them as pets I would have one! What's your interests if you would like to tell me please leave a comment.

The End

Which channel did you think was the most interesting? 

I think the Lucky's Den. Because I liked how the bears were moving and they did not even notice the camera. It was so cool how there are two of them.  

Did you see anything that was interesting or surprising? 

Not surprising but it was intresting how they got all these animals on tape. Now that I know about this I am  going to look at it everyday.

Why do you think they have chosen to document nature in this way? 

Because some people might like to watch nature and you don't know were you will find them. What do you think they are trying to learn more about? And it is just really cool to see what animals do during the day out of the zoos.

What benefits do you think this type of observation gives? 

I think it gives people the opertunity to see what animals do during the day out of the zoos.

What do you think they are trying to learn more about? 

More like I said in my other  question. What animals do. And maybe then we can notice what we need to do to help animals.

If you could set up a live feed anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? 

I would put it in Africa on lions. Because I love lions and want to see them free not in cages. Because I think when thy are in cages it looks like they are in jail.

1) Based on the first few chapters, do you think you will like this book? Explain why or why not.

I think I will like this book. Because  how it describes and says things over. It also sounds so interesting and it has  adventures. And it seams that he is actually pretty nice and pretty smart. Because would not be smart if he did not think to look at things that he had and be a little bit happy that he is  alive.

2) Describe how you might feel if you were in a similar situation to Brian. What do you think you wouldhave done the same as him? What do you think you would have done differently?

I would have  token the radio off of the pilots head. I also would have thought don't be this sad at least I am still alive. What would i have done different  I would have landed the plain instead of letting it run out of fuel and crashing. Because i would not be as hurt and as stiff as him.

3) Make some predictions about what will happen in upcoming chapters. Explain why you have made these specific predictions. 

He maybe  traps an animal with his hatchet. And there might be a wolf in the way of his surviving. Because he has his hatchet also because the book is called Hatchet. And the wolf because there is usually  an animal that gets in the way and also there is a wolf on the front cover.

4) What do you notice about Gary Paulsen's writing style? Do you like his writing so far? What would you ask him if you had the opportunity to interview him? 

Yes I like his writing and how he repeat the words and how he uses details. I would ask him where do you get your  ideas for your books.

THE  END

Article posted December 24, 2011 at 02:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

This weekend is Christmas  weekend and I am having family over. My moms side of the family is coming my uncle my grandma and my cousin and her son. And I am so excited theyfor them all to come to my house and stay! They are all sleeping at my house. We all get to open our present all together . And was it fun. Everybody got at least 3 presents or more. Did you have any company for Christmas?                 The End!

Article posted December 21, 2011 at 01:16 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Today December 20 my birthday was awesome. I got an ipad 2. And a fuzzy pencil from Mrs.Mckay it was pink. A pizza coupon from the office and a braclet from HA. It was the best birthday yet! And now I am double didgit . And I got about of happy birth days from all my friends at MacNeill and from dance so yay it was alout. I have to wate for 356 days for my next birthday. So happy birthday to me! Hehe!

My favorite video was the piano stair case. Because of the way they made the stair case sound like a piano they are getting people to exercise and use less electricity  by making the stairs fun for all ages. And the idea was really really cool. Yes, because we have some really good people who can do things. It might  take awhile but it would be worth it. I think you could make writing fun by putting a noise in the pencil that your kid likes. And every time they write it would make that noise.

I thought the slow motion video was really cool.The  5 words that describe it is cool,awesome,cool,epic,and entertaining.I would like to see a dog running for a frisbee,a person eating spaghetti,or a dog swimming.A dog running for a frisbee because it would be cool seeing how he jumps for it. A person eating spaghetti because when they spin he pasta it would look like a spinning top.A dog swimming because the way dogs swim it would look very funny.

I have a dog named Cody. He is very special to me. He is a golden retriever. He is very beautiful. The reason he is special is because he and I cuddle alot. Sometimes he gets too excited and hurts me. But usally he is cute and cuddly. We did not get him in Regina we got him just out of Regina.He is three. His birthday is in September. He loves to eat cookies and food. He sometimes gets so hot that he lays on his back in the snow like he is making a snow angel. That is my cody bear!