teacher: Ms. A. McKay

On April 4, 2012, Kindergarten to grade 6 from MacNeill school went to the play Suessical The Mussical. The people who held the play were “Do It With Class,” the Suessical was held at the Conexus Art Center. The Basic idea of the play was to show lots of Dr. Suess’s books as a musical. I think that it was a hit, because it took so long for people to get there seats and the seats were full.

What happened was at the beginning they started with the Cat In The Hat and a character who was Jo-Jo the Mayor of whovilles son. Then they showed Horton when he found the speck of dust, they also showed the who’s from Whoville. They show all kinds of things, like when Horton was sitting on an egg. It shows all kinds of things from many of Dr. Suess’s books. They made everything dramatic and the actors knew what to do, when to do it.

I always knew who the characters where, even if they weren’t dressed like monkeys, I knew that they were monkeys. They had amazing volume, so I could always understand what they were saying. There body movements and jesters were always true to their character. They made everything look so easy.

The set established the mood and time period for the play. If it was when Horton was looking through the clovers, they had clovers, not necessarily 1000 clovers or whatever, but they used their imagination. They always had the right brightness/dimness for whatever part in the play they were at. They were always true to their character and period of the show they were at. The characters were always at the right place at the right time. The sound affects were always right for the mood.

The audience was very attentive and interested. I thought it was awesome. The actors were great, they were always dramatic and creative. I thought the Suessical the Musical was a great idea.

What did you learn about Pink Shirt Day that you didn't know before?

I didn't know that it was for bullying, that was really new for me. Before Friday I don't

think I had ever heard of pink shirt day.

Did you have any connections to anything you read today that you would like to share?

No, I didn't.

What do you think needs to be done in schools to stop bullying?

I think that people should stand up for them selves, help others etc.

How do you think that you can make a difference?

I think that if people hang out together the bullies won't come because they

will see that there are more people and probably won't want to bully those people.

Article posted February 9, 2012 at 03:42 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

Animals should absolutely NOT be used for testing things! They have feelings just like us, they don't deserve to be treated like this. Killing animals after being used for tests or letting them die being used for tests, it's not fair to them.How would you feel if something that you had never seen before was shoved down your throat or rubbed on your skin? What did they do to us? We should do the tests on the people in jail instead of innocent animals. That or on people who wouldn't mind being used for tests.

I think that I should walk, bike, skateboard or rollerblade to school everyday. Use less power and recycle more often. Purchase local grown foods more. I should buy more freshly cut meat. My ecological footprint is 5.8, that is also the Canadian average.

Which channel did you think was the most interesting?

I thought that the pixcontroller wildlife webcam was the most interesting.

Did you see anything that was interesting or surprising?

Yes, at one point a squirrel jumped out of

no where and it really shocked me.

Why do you think they have chosen to document nature in this way?

Probably so we can learn how animals live.

What benefits do you think this type of observation gives?

I think that learning more about animals.

What do you think they are trying to learn more about?

If you could set up a live feed anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Article posted January 18, 2012 at 03:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 33

1) Based on the first few chapters, do you think you will like this book? Explain why or why not.

I don't think that I'm really going to enjoy it that much yet, but it might tern out that I do.

2) Describe how you might feel if you were in a similar situation as Brian. What do you think you would have done the same as him? What do you think you would have done differently?

I would feel really scared if I were Brian and I would have panicked just like Brian. I think that I would have started thinking of ways to survive strait away.

3) Make some predictions about what will happen in upcoming chapters. Explain why you have made these predictions.

I think that Brian will use the hatchet to make a shelter and find food, because a hatchet could be used for those kind of things.

4) What do you notice about Gary Paulsen's writing style? Do you like his writing so far? What would you ask him if you had the chance?

Gary Paulsen likes to repeat his words a lot. Yes, I like his writing so far. I would ask him how he came up with the hatchet book and if something or someone inspired to write it.

1) Of all the videos you watched, which was your favourite? Why?

My favourite video is Piano Stairs! I think that people will go up stairs and not escalators. It would be fun to go up stairs and at the same time play the piano, it would be lots of fun.

2) Do you think that any of these ideas would actually work? Why or why not?

Yes I think that all of the ideas would work, because people will probably enjoy doing the things because they're lots of fun.

3) Come up with at least one idea that could be part of "The Fun Theory". Explain it in detail.

Base ball, you don't need anyone else to play with you. It throws balls and all you need to do is bat them, it's good to help you get involved in sports.

1) What did you think about the video?

I thought that the video was a little funny but it looked weird.

2) List 5 adjectives (descriptive words) that describe the video.

funny,enteraining,hilarious,boring,weird.

3)Think of a minimum of 3 other ordinary events that you think would be interesting to see in super slow motion. Why do you choose these particular events.

Sneezing panda, because it is very funny and i think that I would enjoy seeing it in super slow motion.

Something important to me is ringette. It is my favourite sport, it's just like hockey. The only diffrences are most of the rules. I play on the Ringers,so far this year we've only had one tournament in Lethbridge. We left at 6 o'clock on Friday, November 18. We went on a team bus, it was lots of fun. Even though we only won 1 of 4 games. I'm looking forward to a great year of ringette.